@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@ZCPeterson welcome! Another poet! We can always use more poets around here. The world can never have enough of poetry. 😉
And don’t worry; most of the forumers were stalkers long before they ever actually got involved. *winks* I think that’s because most writers are introverts. *grins*
So glad to be able to welcome you to the… uh… um… the…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anna-brie I’m leaving now. How’d you go?
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years ago
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
Need a bit of help here. Now I don’t want to say too much because of spoilers, but HELP!
*ahem, ahem. What noise comes to your mind when you think of a shell (reasonably big) breaking and falling onto a wooden floor?
But you have to make sure that your audience doesn’t know what has happened?
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @d…[Read more]-
Like shattering glass, perhaps with a duller ring to it as the wood would absorb a lot of the sound and the shell is hollow, besides.
@Bluejay-
Hmmmm… I’d have to agree with Kate. It doesn’t quite have the tinkling resonance you’d expect from glass (because I have dropped many a glass in my days). Almost like what I’d imagine a pot shattering would sound like, if you want to use a comparison.
-
You’re not the only one to drop glasses. *I managed to drop a jar of Vegemite once. It was rather a mess*
Yes, I’m wanting a comparison. Originally I had, “the sound of a thousand stones falling to the ground.” But I don’t think it would shatter like that or make that sound.
-
-
-
Well, it also depends on the type of wood floor it is. Is it actual, solid wood? (unfortunately this seems to be becoming rarer, at least in my area) Or is it laminate wood floor? The sound would be different if it is.
-
Oh yes, and just to clarify, it breaks after it hits the wood floor, right? The way you worded it kind of suggested it breaks before hitting… *grins mischievously*
-
-
*grins back* Shhh…it breaks before it hits the ground. It is the good old solid wooden floor. @corissa-maiden-of-praise.
-
@BlueJay Well, that changes things. *ponders* Perhaps… well, how does it break then? We must take that into account if we are to accurately describe the sound. 😉
-
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re prying! You just want to know what happens don’t you??? 😉 *suspicious stare* It gets whacked on someone’s head. *A hard head* 🙂 *sniggers*
-
Goodness, this sounds terribly exciting. I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
@bluejay, Ahhh! This is a really hard question. I honestly can’t think of anything except what everyone else has already said, so, um, yeah! 🙂
-
Thanks @winter-rose That was what I was thinking too, but I wasn’t sure that a clay jar fitted as an example, so I reworded it and I ‘think’ I’ve got it.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Glad you think so. One day…-
@BlueJay Whenever anything is cracked over someone’s head, you can generally count on the story being exciting. 😀
-
-
@bluejay, sounds like you’ve got it already, but I agree with the others—like pottery, just a little clearer and harder.
-
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’ll be praying.
(also, to tag people, click their profile and you can copy the username right below their profile picture. Sometimes it is the public name you see and sometimes it isn’t, but that’s why some of your tags don’t work…)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
*Boohoo.* I haven’t seen that movie, but I can guess….. Number three of Narnia. I’ve only seen the first two. Three is in waiting. I’m dying to watch it. *falls to the floor sobbing her heart out.*
@kate-flournoy, @anne-of-lothlorien -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@zcpeterson first of all, I really love this poem. I love the idea of building a poem off a piece of scripture, and you executed it very well. I may have to try this… 😀
The only thing that really needs work is what @Daeus said about the meter. For instance, take the first verse:
Who among you can number the stars
Who can count every small… -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess I am going through and editing a story for its second time. 🙂 Lots of fun. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
Then let me try and explain how I put a photo on here from my laptop. @julia-r
You know how you can change your profile picture? Pretend you are going to change it and put the photo you wish to upload there instead. (PLEASE DON’T SAVE IT)
On the right, you have a little box which shows you what your picture will look like.
Right hand click on…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
Then let me try and explain how I put a photo on here from my laptop. @julia-r
You know how you can change your profile picture? Pretend you are going to change it and put the photo you wish to upload there instead. (PLEASE DON’T SAVE IT)
On the right, you have a little box which shows you what you’re picture will look like.
Right hand click on…[Read more] -
Julia R. replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@bluejay: Yes, I do have a photo and it is on the computer.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien…
*ahem* First of all, your quote should have been:
‘”It’s an assonance.”
“What’s an…”
“Oh for pity’s sake don’t ask him what an ass-y-thingamy is! He’s only longing to be asked. Say nothing and perhaps he’ll go away.”‘And then…
‘Most boys at this would have either flared up or gone out, but Eustace did neither. He just…[Read more] -
Julia R. replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@daeus: My mom is on Facebook, but is a self-proclaimed “creeper”, meaning she never posts anything, only watches. I guess I could go through Pinterest, although I don’t know if you have to have a blog to upload onto there. I’ll look into it tomorrow, since it’s 9:15 pm Ohio time!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@julia-r There is a way. It’s complicated, but it’s possible. *takes a deep breath*
First question: Do you have photo and are they on a computer? -
Julia R. replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Oh, @zcpeterson, I noticed you like Louisa May Alcott. I am reading Little Women right now! (spoiler) Why did Beth have to die? WAAAHHH!
You also mentioned Jane Austen. I will also be reading Pride and Prejudice for school this year! Yay! -
Julia R. replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@zcpeterson, welcome! So happy you can join us! I don’t grapple to be the first to welcome… (*@daeus, @hannah-krynicki… cough, cough*) 😉 I let you guys have the honor. Actually, I only just noticed that you got on. Whew! I said it.
Well, you can do a lot here. First, check out the forums! I suggest reading the Ren forum under general…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@zcpeterson My general impression is that it could use a consistent meter.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@julia-r The only way I think you can do it is with a link. Do you (or someone in your family) have a social media account or a website?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@clairec 🙁
@jess and @anna-brie Technically 45 minutes are up, but I’m going to continue writing. I don’t know how long for, but I’ll tag you when I leave. 🙂 🙂 -
Julia R. replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@anne-swiftblade: I actually have a friend from church who went TO NEW ZEALAND and saw the film set from the Hobbit! They have it recreated so that you can walk through it and stuff. She and her husband said it was expensive, but worth it!
- Load More
