-
SeekJustice replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you feel guilty about killing one of your characters because your little sister has the worlds biggest crush on him and constantly reminds you of it.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily its fine if you can’t do it! I’m currently having trouble finding time to edit it myself anyway at the moment! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic First time writing historical fiction in the forum Historical 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 Yay! you’ve decided to write some HF!! *dances around the room*.
historical fiction is really cool, but it takes a lot of work, so it’s not for the faint of heart.
However, don’t be discouraged! I write a lot of HF so i’ll give you a few of my humble tips.
#1. Read good historical fiction! if you want to learn about writing…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily I admit that I have never written a typical fantasy (think Narnia or Lord of the Rings). I usually write historical fantasy, so I usually write in a historical time period in the real world with magical elements before. But here are a few things to consider:
The World–What’s the name of the world? is it a democracy? a monarchy? what’s the…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia all right, let’s agree to disagree (or duel to the death with sabres, I don’t mind which :P) and not hijack poor @inkling-for-Christ ‘s thread! I like Frodo, and I like Sam, and the one who truly annoys me is Legolas. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing I’m writing. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking @joy @catwing so, I realised just then that i kind of abandoned this thread and I feel guilty.
So here I am! How’s your novels going?
Also Joy, I’m sure it counts. The aim of Nano isnt to write 30k in order, just to write them. As long as they’reall from the same book, I think its fine.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Sam is awesome. I LOVE Sam, but please don’t ditch Frodo, he’s awesome too 🙂
I like Christian music too, specifically Casting Crownsa and Matt Redman and I love listening to movie soundtracks and musicals.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@introvert_girl welcome! I’m also INFP *whips out hand and performs secret INFP handshake*
I love the premise of your story! Mostly because I love the Avengers and Arthur and the two mixed together just sounds awesome!
-
SeekJustice started the topic Christmas Poem Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
I have a poem here which I would love some critiquing on! I’m not a poet really, so I would love it if someone slightly more experienced than me in this area would give it a read over.
It’s supposed to be recited/read at our Christmas candle light carol service in December and I would like to make it as good as I can before them. it’s basically…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-Christ Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I love LOTR and Narnia, I’ve never seen Dr Who. Do you like music? if so, what genres? Do you like listening to music while writing?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy may I please read it too? *looks up pleadingly*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I need writing books! Help! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Writing Christian Fiction by Ron Benrey is the best book on writing at all that I have ever read and is focussed, obviously, on Christian fiction in general. I’ve heard a lot of people say the Go Teen Writers Book is good too, but I’ve never actually read it. I hope that`s helpful @Allison-grace
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Names…again…I think I have a problem in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia they could all have nature names, for example:
Lake–Dale–Rain–River–Diamond–Ebony–Jet–Jade–Teal–Ariella–Violet–Daisy–Azure–Opal–Onyx–Dove–Bryony–Ivy–Jasmine–Fern–Lily–Rose–Sage–Ruby–Amber–Avery–Jay–Mica.
Those are just a few suggestions, if you want more, let me know!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing you went to quite an effort. I’m impressed. I really like the flowers. 🙂 i always just snitch my pics from pinterest, I can’t be bothered to use my own, so good work.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing cool! Is this for the novel I shall be reading soon?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hiya Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily welcome! Welcome! What country are you from? Do you enjoy listening to music? If so, what sort?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing I’m currently word warring with myself but I’ll  be with you in 20ish minutes
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Jewelry Business Name in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon I don’t have much experience naming stalls, but some of the ideas on here are really good. I lime Strings of Old and Strings of Nature. I hope you get something soon 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 you seem to have good advice here already and I second everything everyone has said. I just wanted to add tbat I’ll pray for you. I hope it goes well! What topic are you writing on?
- Load More
