Hello, fellow writers :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    introvert_girl
    @introvert_girl
      • Total Posts: 153

Just hopping in to say hi! I guess I should say a little bit about me. I like to write stories that are character focused, and I have a strong preference for speculative fiction. When I’m not writing, my other hobbies are crafty type things, journaling, tending to my plants, and netflixing (does that count? lol.) I’m an INFP through and through and an enneagram type 4 (though I’m less informed about the enneagram system than MBTI). Right now my favorite book series is Story Thieves by James Riley (no spoilers, though because I haven’t read past the second book!) I’m a huge Star Wars girl, a fan of Voltron: Legendary Defender, and Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir. And I think the biggest influence on my writing has been Avatar: The Last Airbender. I also love to nerd out about writing stuff, so I’m excited to be here!

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Introvert_Girl heyyyyy!  Another INFP! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet, fellow INFP! 😀 😀 I’m type 4 as well with wings 5 and 9. *grins* So pleased to have you here. What genre do you primarily write in? Do you like poetry?

introvert_girl
        @introvert_girl

@kate-flournoy A mix of contemporary fantasy, space opera, and a teeny bit of high fantasy (all my high fantasy projects are still in developmental stages). My current WIP came to be because I wanted to write something inspired by Arthurian Legend set in modern day, and it has sort of a super hero feel to it. (Sort of like Avengers meets knights of the round table.)

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site @introvert_girl! Glad you found us. I’m also likely a 4w5 (though sometimes I diagnose myself as a 1w2). What’s the premise of your current work-in-progress?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

introvert_girl
            @introvert_girl

@kate-flournoy Oh, and I don’t write much poetry, though I’d like to some time in the future 🙂

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

@introvert_girl HIIIIIIIII!!! *overenthusiasm* You already know your MBTI type; you’re gonna fit right in. 😉 Crafty things?! How cool! What sort? Do you like to draw?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

PrincessFoo
                @princessfoo
                  • Total Posts: 194

@introvert_girl Hi! Welcome to the BESTIEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET! (I was the first to say it!) That’s kinda a thing here. 😉 You’re about to be bombarded with questions, so I’ll just let you be. It’s nice to meet you.

introvert_girl
                  @introvert_girl

@aratrea It’s modern fantasy, inspired in part by Athurian Legend. The knights and their apprentices are viewed much like super heroes. (I like to call it Avengers meets the knights of the round table, haha). The novel is told through a collection of shorter stories that build of one another (they couldn’t be read out of order). Each part is told from the pov of a different member of the cast.
                    I’d be curious if anyone has read a book in told in a similar form, because I haven’t had much luck finding them. If something comes to mind, I’d appreciate it! 🙂

@daughteroftheking
                    Yes, I do draw sometimes. I love to sketch in pencil, then color them with watercolors. I also like sewing, knitting, and painting when I have the time.

@princessfoo
                    Thank you. It’s a pleasure to meet you, too. 😉

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

@introvert_girl, welcome! By the way, your story sounds FANTASTIC!

@kate-flournoy
                      , you’re over there cheering another INFP in this INFP infested site…so, think you could find another INTP for me?

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@Alia behold. *flourish* I give you @northerner.

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

Hi @introvert_girl! I’m an INFP too 😉

Are you lefthanded or right-handed?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

introvert_girl
                          @introvert_girl

@alia Why, thank you! One of the main characters from my WIP happens to be an INTP. I’d introduce you, but alas, he is fictional.

@that_writer_girl_99
                            *INFP highfive* My right hand is dominant but I think I have a slight lean toward ambidextrous as I can use it to do some things. (I can write with my left, but it’s super sloppy, haha.)

Lady Iliara
                            @lady-iliara
                              • Total Posts: 144

Haha @that_writer_girl_99 I see what you did there 😏

Hi @introvert_girl! I’m pretty new here myself, but I like to write fantasy, sing, and geek out over LOTR/Star Wars/Avengers/Narnia…etc…etc…

I like your story idea!  It sounds really fun to read!

👰🏻🦊💥
                              ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99
                                • Total Posts: 1819

@lady-illiara *grins* What? What did I do?

No…seriously. Did I do something?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 859

@introvert_girl Welcome to the site! What’s your favorite type of music? Do you play any instruments?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >