Hello, fellow writers :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@introvert_girl Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. 😀

What’s it like writing contemporary fantasy?

(I’m an ENFJ 3w4 btw.)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@introvert_girl  I’m an INFJ-T, but…close enough.  We can still be friends!  *beams*  You sound like a very artsy person!  What species are you (human, humanoid, creature/animal)? 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

introvert_girl
        @introvert_girl
          • Total Posts: 153

@lady-iliara Pleasure to meet you! Who is your favorite character from the Marvel cinimatic universe?
          And thank you! That’s so sweet. It’s been a lot of fun writing it. 🙂

@shannon I took piano lessons for several years, but stopped before my senior year of highschool, and I don’t play much anymore. My favorite artist is Adam Young aka Owl City. I’m also really into movie scores and stuff. 😀 Do you have a favorite artist?

@daeus
          Thank you! My favorite thing about writing contemporary fantasy is contrasting fantastical elements with the mundane. It’s fun to have things like monsters and magical armor along with pizza and modern technology.

@ingridrd
          I’m humanoid, but my family sometimes refers to me as an alien princess. . . But that has yet to be confirmed as fact. 😉
          And that’s alright. I think INFJs make good friends too.

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@introvert_girl welcome! I’m also INFP *whips out hand and performs secret INFP handshake*

I love the premise of your story! Mostly because I love the Avengers and Arthur and the two mixed together just sounds awesome!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 859

@introvert_girl That’s cool that you played piano! I played for about 7 years, but I quit taking lessons recently. I also played violin for about 9 years, and now I’m playing guitar. I was never good at violin or piano.

I like pretty much any country music from 1990-2012. I listen to country music all the time! I also like some random pop tunes, and some movie songs.

Northerner
              @northerner
                • Total Posts: 244

*Peeks in* You rang?

Oh, hi, @Alia. For as rare as INTJs supposedly are, there’s a lot of them here, so you’d think the INTPs would be more represented too. But apparently not. Here I am, though. And contrary to the stereotypes, math and computer science have never held any charm for me.

Joy
                @dekreel
                  • Total Posts: 2304

Hello, @introvert_girl! Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace! *shakes hand enthusiastically, worrying you might be uncomfortable about my extroverted ways* My name is Dekreel. We’re pretty close! I’m an ENFP.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
                  @dekreel

@introvert_girl Humanoid?! As in alien?! Oooh I love aliens!!!

Lady Iliara
                    @lady-iliara
                      • Total Posts: 144

@introvert-girl I DON’T KNOW HOW SHOULD I KNOW 😫😫😫

Ahem…um…idk. Maybe Thor or Hawkeye or Star Lord… WAIT I KNOW….

DR. STRANGE

👰🏻🦊💥
                      ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

introvert_girl
                      @introvert_girl

@seekjustice Thank you!

@dekreel
                        Shh. . . I’m in disguise. . . 😉

@lady-iliara
                        Good choice. My favorite would have to be Loki, haha.

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1330

@introver_girl Welcome, welcome, and welcome again to the Kingdom of Pens. Or in other words the BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET! In case you haven’t noticed, that’s the KP greeting. 😉 Anyway. It looks like all the questions are asked…Oh! Lightning has struck! ⚡️ What’s your favorite subject in school? Are you homeschooled?

Joy
                          @dekreel

@introvert_girl Ahhhh! *backs off* *whispers* You’re awesome!

introvert_girl
                            @introvert_girl

@emily Yeah. 🙂 It has a nice ring to it.
                              And my favorite subject to study is history, most definitely. And yes, I was homeschooled all the way!

@dekreel
                              Aw, thanks! You seem like a cool cookie yourself 😉

Catwing
                              @catwing
                                • Total Posts: 2557

@introvert_girl At last! Someone who read Story Thieves! I read the first three! Must go to a different library to find the fourth! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…….. *cough* Did you read Half Upon a Time? What are your thoughts so far!
                                I’ve seen some of Miraculous. It is a bit repetitive and silly, but I like anyway. TIKI! PLAGG! 😛
                                Have you read the Couragous Princess? It’s a graphic novel I just read.
                                I listen to some of Owl City’s songs. But some I don’t care for that much. they are a bit too… Secular?
                                Do you like fairy tale rewrites?
                                I don’t know my MBTI. But I think I am an introvert. *nods*
                                I write fantasy too!

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

introvert_girl
                                @introvert_girl

@catwing Hello, fellow introvert! My sisters have been getting on to me about reading the rest of the Story Thieves series, but I wanted to reread the first two before I went onto the new books. And well, it’s taking me a while. . . I haven’t read Half Upon a Time yet. It’s on my ever growing pile of books I would like to read. I like fairy tale rewrites, but not so avidly I’ve ever written one myself. (Unless Arthurian Legend counts? Though it’s not exactly a rewrite.) I haven’t heard of the Courageous Princess. What’s it about? Did you enjoy it?
                                  And yes, I’d agree a lot of his songs stray from being strictly Christian. Do you have a favorite of his songs? Mine is Meteor Shower. (Though I’m not sure where that title came from?) The words are just so beautiful, and simple. It really stands out from most of what he’s written.
                                  And yes, Tiki and Plagg are the cutest *squee*.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >