-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Ah no, actually, I knew he was going to die right the way through, and it was a war film…But it literally ended with him being shot. before he’d got shot though, he’d made his best friend promise to take a medal he’d won in a running race back to his mother. I thought it would have been so sweet to have ended with his friend taking…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, that’s awful *coughs* *looks guilty* *tries to pretend she’s never done such a thing* I’m glad you’re rewriting it! I did that once. Have you heard of the movie Gallipoli? I added an extra ending because I didn’t like where the original one finished.
I love Lady Jane Grey too! I’ve read a few books on her as well, and I always…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Sorry, I was a bit later than I thought I would be, but yes, I’m back!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’m going to disappear in order to eat lunch 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I remember that one, vaguely. What’s the plot?
Well, I guess I always knew more about Marie Antoinette, I knew that she died and though she did do horrible things, she didn’t have a nice life, and I feel it was mostly through other people’s greediness that she became a “villain”. I don’t even remember being aware that Anastasia…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, I didn’t know the profiles could tell you that! I have been on the forums a couple of times in the past week, just so I didn’t miss out on too much, but no, I hadn’t really been active. I’m glad I wasn’t dead, it’s always helpful to be alive 😀
I’m also glad to be back! I missed the whole lovely community here!
Okay, cool :D…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *squeals in return* It’s been crazy lately, but I am back!! I’m hoping to finish my second draft edits before the end of March, so I actually need to put some effort in! And yes I’m here for now, not sure how long I’ll be here, but I’ll definitely be on again in three(ish) hours.
@jenwriter17 I’ve missed you as well! I’ll see, I’m…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic No, I'm not a movie writer, *points* she is…… in the forum Film 8 years, 7 months ago
Writing children’s books is definitely a long stretch from writing movies.
(somebody tagged me? squeee)
I have experience writing plays, but I’ve never actually seen my plays performed. 🙁
Writing scripts is honestly pretty similar to writing a novel, except with more dialogue/action stuff.
The only advice that I can give is watch a lot of…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I…don’t like Han or dislike him in particular.
And I’ve seen a lot of posts for evidence for Kylo Ren and Rey, and it all makes sense.
My friends, just wait and see. *taps nose knowingly*
If not, then i stand corrected.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
helloooo! I have returned to the realm of Pen. I’ll be editing in about ten minutes if anyone wishes to join me *brandishes red pen and shouts a war cry*
ooh, let’s tag some peoples. @dekreel @rochellaine @winter-rose @jenwriter17 @dragon-snapper
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I love simplistic covers, like this one:

This is the cover for the edition that I own, and I really like how simple it is, but how pretty.
@sam-kowal this was the cover for the edition of Steelheart I read, and I think it’s super cool

This one is nice too, simplistic, but mysterious and reflecting the feel of the book:

And…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men.
Proverbs 22:29
I read that Proverb in my quiet time this morning and it really stuck out to me :D. Those who are skilled, work hard and diligently will stand before kings…that’s pretty amazing, though I don’t think it always…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m so sorry that you have to go through this! it’s happened to me before, and it’s horrible. I have to say though, I tend to have the opposite problem…I compare everyone else’s writing/whatever it is to my own and I get really arrogant. So…we all have our flaws.
But seriously, God made you to love writing! he maybe didn’t make you…[Read more]
-
Lin posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
*trying to rewrite my novel in a week* PRAY FOR ME GUYS I MIGHT NOT SURVIVE THIS!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I couldn’t have told you that, to be honest! I saw it live in Sydney when I was eleven (so that was almost seven years ago), and I didn’t watch the movie until after that (I remember the movie and the musical being very similar, except for a few minor points), and then I didn’t read the book until after that, but I remember virtually…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve heard of My Fair Lady, I’ve even listened to a few of the songs from it, and I know the premise. I might have a look at that one too, when I get some time.
Yeah, it will be interesting! I’m looking forward to writing the post!
Actually, I have a plan! Mary Poppins is a book, movie and musical! It’s actually the only musical…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve never heard of Carousel, no, but I’m always open to new musicals, so I’ll give it a listen. I’ve just downloading the script on Gutenberg and I’ll read it, then proceed with the musical/movie. It’ll probably be a while before I get to writing a post on it (I’ll have to read it, watch it and then listen to a it a couple of times…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Whoops! @aislinn-mollisong see above!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollinsong I definitely know what you mean! Was Robert E Lee like a Confederate general or something? I’m not sure, my American history is super bad.
@rochellaine Well, this week I’m doing Anastasia, the musical/movie versus the real story, actually, cause I thought that would be interesting! I was going to do the Hunchback of notre…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I’m
procrastinatingediting! - Load More
