@euodia-vision
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1308
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
That looks so good right now… I wish I was a good enough baker to make that on a whim.
-
whaley started the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
🥳 Restoring Topic of the Week! 🥳 I will try to as amazingly consistent as Kathleen, and if anyone should find me wanting of this doctrine, thou may-est smite mine head off.
How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing?
Art will always mix with my stories. When I write a complex feeling in a character, I try to draw that feeling as…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Yay for spring and positive temperatures! But I’m sure somewhere in Canada there’s still snow on the ground. 😉
Outlining, fun. Or not fun. I hope it goes well.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Of course!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper oooh I like the skylight idea! I might use that, thanks!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Ha! Took me a second to figure out where this is going……. I’ll be surprised if they’re both still alive and out of jail by the end of the day.
Lol
You kidding me? The police have already tried to take Alpha (when he stabbed Jep and Chase went to the hospital) and well, Alpha hasn’t stepped foot in the station yet.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@theducktator @ellette-giselle
I bet he’s gonna die in the end.He can’t die; I like him too much!
Oh dear…well, two more stories left and then you’ll know. Don’t worry, Baron will be happy with the ending.
I would love to see this published someday!
Hopefully sometime in Spring I will submit it to a publisher. Fingers crossed though cuz…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Hm… You can go this route. I put a skylight on the train car as a light source. It’s exaggerated so you get the idea.

Otherwise, if you don’t want another light source, I’d say just shade as if the sun is above. A glow still falls on us during a cloudy day, even if it doesn’t lead to sharp shadows.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@anyone remotely good at shading
I can’t shade for two scales. Anyone wanna help me figure out where to shade this redraw of Sniper and Medic?

For context, they will be standing on top of a train in the mountains, and there is no definitive light source to be seen (the sun is covered over by clouds and there aren’t many lights on this sec…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@theshadow it still took me a while to get it right, but considering I was only doing a headshot (pun intended) it was done quickly since I didn’t have to worry about anything under his neck.
-
Esther replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Bro, I was literally like smashing the submit button and it took forever for that response to post 🤦🏻♀️🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
My story is not a lighthearted, hopeful story, at least in the beginning. Right now it’s supposed to be “depressing” and dark. Honestly, to add sprinkles of hope in wouldn’t work for what’s going to happen in the next few chapters. Because right now, none of my characters know God, and so without God there is no hope. I want to…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I also hope I didn’t come across as rude or brushing you off…I really do appreciate your thoughts because that means I need to work on foreshadowing! And explaining my book to others helps me flesh out my thoughts a little more! Thank you so much! <3
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Gradually, though, the cough turned into a hoarse, uncontrolled laugh. A moment later he sat up, a half-grin on his face, and his pupil dilated like a cat’s in the dark.
My heartbeat actually spiked when I read that
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Ok, so the biggest thing I noticed was the lack of hope throughout the story. The characters seemed to think about death a lot and were put through a lot of physical pain. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that, but it needs to be balanced out with hope. When I got to read those Lilitu/Sef memories from when they were little, that w…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
That makes sense! Jsyk, you don’t have to participate in everything, but they do offer a lot of different challenges and things for people who can do them. I didn’t even make my goal last time (
embarrassingly so xD) because of school and homework. But I still had a ton of fun! It’s okay if you can’t do it, though. I underst…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Yay!! The camp opens this Wednesday, but it doesn’t officially start until March 1.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
h ttps://kingsdaughterswritingcamp.com/
I did it last year for the first time in November and liked it a lot. Everyone sets a goal for the month, and spends the rest of the months cheering each other on, sharing excerpts from their WIPs, and doing challenges. Esther and I should be in the Chickadee tent this year, so if you’re i…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Technically I borrowed them from King’s Daughters Writing Camp. But yes xDBy the way, that’s starting soon. You should sign up for it! It’s like CWW but for a whole month. And only for girls. @esther-c and I should be doing it.
-
HighScribe posted an update 1 year, 7 months ago
“I was around small children, so I got small children-ed. It’s when you’re around small children and they give you all their diseases.” – Illustration teacher.
- Load More
