@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m finishing now, @seekjustice. Actually, I finished about ten minutes ago, but I was busy starting a new topic. If you want to know more about my book, follow this link.
I wrote 600 words, but spent a while working on plot too, so overall I was pretty productive. How’d you go? -
ClaireC replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Also, this is the book that I talked about (a long while ago!) in the ‘Novel Ideas’ section of the forum. I was just reading through all of your responses and realized that there was one thing that came through for everyone. “Are you mixing up history? / What do you mean by alternative historical fiction?” So here’s the answer. I’m not changing…[Read more]
-
ClaireC started the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hey all, I’ve got a quick question.
What do you personally think is an average/good word count for a novel. Also, what are your own word counts?
I’ve estimated that mine will be somewhere between 80,000 and 100,000. It depends on how much I expand or cut out in the editing stage.
@daeus, @kate-flournoy, @aratrea, @jane-maree, @dragon-snapper, @co…[Read more] -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@f5a8c3e92, Welcome back. 🙂 The changes are very recent, having occurred only 2 days ago, and the party is still going on the ‘New Website Party!’ thread under ‘Announcements’, albeit it is a little quieter than it was. ;P Good luck with your writing!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Clairec what’s your novel about?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice, exactly. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Clairec urgh, that’s hard. I often struggle getting through those first couple of chapters. I just want the perfect opening, for everything to be perfect when really I just need to write it!
-
ClaireC and
SeekJustice are now friends 9 years ago -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice, I’m working on my first draft of chapter 2 of my novel. I’m trying to get it into my mind to save the editing for later and just write. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@clairec yep, i’m still here! what are you working on? I’m currently writing character sketches for a novel I’m planning.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
BTW, I just realized I’m not friends with you for some reason! I’ve sent you a request. 🙂 @seekjustice
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice, I’m just about to start. Still here?
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@DaughterOfTheKing EEP YAS. I love biplanes. <3 The male character (Kip Paxton) is obsessed with them too XD
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@emma-flournoy and @Christi-eaton thank you for suggesting Les Miserables. I just finished reading it and I absolutely adored it. It was fantastic. thank you, 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hey, bloggers! Over here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@destiny, yes, what exactly does it mean?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m here if anyone wishes to join me! @clairec are you still on?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 praying for you too!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g praying. 😀
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus, I’m not much of an authority on the time travel genre, but I find that ‘The Time Traveler Who Wasn’t Ready’ is a little clunky. It gives to much away to me (unless that’s what you’re going for). It depends on if your MC knows he’s a time traveler or if he discovers it at your key or inciting event. I haven’t read you’re book, so this may…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hey all, I will be checking in for a one hour writing session in…um…about an hour! Just giving an early heads up in case anyone wants to join me. 🙂
- Load More
