@esther-c
Active 1 week, 6 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3885
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Now, you mentioned your characters not knowing God. And I liked how you put that—“without God there is no hope.” But…you have to think that these characters are probably looking for hope, right? Even just an occasional thought of wishing there was a way out of this darkness they’re living in.
So I know with where they’re at right now,…
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m not super artistic, but I do enjoy photography, which is a form of art, so sometimes I like to mess around with photo editing to create potential covers (but the editing softwares I have don’t have great font options, so I don’t usually put any writing on them).
I also like hiking/mountains, so you won’t be as likely to find my…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
well, my stories are mostly fan fiction anyway so that could be considered a part of it—like, I love (insert fandom) so much I can’t help but write stuff for it. Even in my original works, this bleeds through—Headstriker, Coal, and Chisel, some OC’s I created for a story I’m writing with a friend, were based off various combinati…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Topic of the Week…? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Hey guys, I posted the first Topic of the Week question since last year! (I hesitated to post it for quite some time.)
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@theshadow @keilah-h @theducktator @linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle @savannah-grace2009
Chapter 11! I’m not totally decided if I’ll completely reduce down to one a week in the future, so you may get a few surprise double chapters, but this week there’s only one.
Also, TCoH has become my longest project at just over 33k words and about 100 W…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@everyone
Check out Topic of the Week!!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
That looks so good right now… I wish I was a good enough baker to make that on a whim.
-
whaley started the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
🥳 Restoring Topic of the Week! 🥳 I will try to as amazingly consistent as Kathleen, and if anyone should find me wanting of this doctrine, thou may-est smite mine head off.
How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing?
Art will always mix with my stories. When I write a complex feeling in a character, I try to draw that feeling as…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Yay for spring and positive temperatures! But I’m sure somewhere in Canada there’s still snow on the ground. 😉
Outlining, fun. Or not fun. I hope it goes well.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Of course!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper oooh I like the skylight idea! I might use that, thanks!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
idk, KP actually glitched one time because highscribe called me such things so it blocked me for being a threat or something. I’m gonna look back and see what she said. I may end up doing it and scaring a few newbies.
Well, because the pocket knife is replaceable. Change isn’t too hard to come by. The picture….. well he can’t get…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Ha! Took me a second to figure out where this is going……. I’ll be surprised if they’re both still alive and out of jail by the end of the day.
Lol
You kidding me? The police have already tried to take Alpha (when he stabbed Jep and Chase went to the hospital) and well, Alpha hasn’t stepped foot in the station yet.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@theducktator @ellette-giselle
I bet he’s gonna die in the end.He can’t die; I like him too much!
Oh dear…well, two more stories left and then you’ll know. Don’t worry, Baron will be happy with the ending.
I would love to see this published someday!
Hopefully sometime in Spring I will submit it to a publisher. Fingers crossed though cuz…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Hm… You can go this route. I put a skylight on the train car as a light source. It’s exaggerated so you get the idea.

Otherwise, if you don’t want another light source, I’d say just shade as if the sun is above. A glow still falls on us during a cloudy day, even if it doesn’t lead to sharp shadows.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@anyone remotely good at shading
I can’t shade for two scales. Anyone wanna help me figure out where to shade this redraw of Sniper and Medic?

For context, they will be standing on top of a train in the mountains, and there is no definitive light source to be seen (the sun is covered over by clouds and there aren’t many lights on this sec…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@theshadow it still took me a while to get it right, but considering I was only doing a headshot (pun intended) it was done quickly since I didn’t have to worry about anything under his neck.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle Do you really kill off that many characters? XD
I would’ve gone for the photo. Nothing like a good photo to hold hostage. 😉
I guess my brain just doesn’t work like that. How could that be helpful?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I also hope I didn’t come across as rude or brushing you off…I really do appreciate your thoughts because that means I need to work on foreshadowing! And explaining my book to others helps me flesh out my thoughts a little more! Thank you so much! <3
- Load More
