@esther-c
Active 1 week, 4 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3885
-
Liberty replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Actually, that scene with Leon was inspired by a true account I read! Wonder if it’s the same one?
Well, the one that touched me was in a movie. Maybe you’ve heard of it? “The War to End all Wars”? It’s a WW2 film.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Think so?
I mostly write fiction so it would be interesting.
Maybe if I did a fiction-like sort of retelling… like how Little Women is Alcott’s biography but with a few fiction twists. That might make it easier to write.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
one more book I can’t remember the name of where two children discover a hidden town by a lake during summer holidays. (All I remember is that the boy has braces, which remind the girl of a car’s bumper. I think the boy’s name was Julian.)
Gone-Away Lake! I love that book!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Could you survive in your story's universe? If not, why? If so, how? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 6 months ago
I could survive Laerylia during the beginning of the first book. I’d need to stay inside at night, carry a weapon, say nothing against the Sacrifice, not voice my support for President Lotan, avoid the High Priest, and not be at all powerful. After Lotan’s assassination, things get more complicated as those who have ever voiced support for him are…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Celarent
Celarent picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself off, relieved that Mateo had let go of him. Somehow, the all consuming fear had left him. He turned to Bird Boy and gave him his most charming grin, hoping to fix the terrible first impression he’d just made. “Thank you. Where is this Foreign Culture class?”
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Lololol. We must remember that I wrote that when I was much younger and wasn’t fully sure where I stood… 😂
Okay then. If that works then that’s great!
The fire thing was actually one of my favorite memories!! I want to write a book about it sometime. (I’d like to write about the whole experience of having church during…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay!
“I met a knight once. He got it by writing some three hundred line long poem about something or other. Thinnest, most absent minded man I ever saw.”
I. Just. Died.
Rory
Rory’s brow furrowed and a frightened look came to his eyes. “I…” he swallowed and licked his lips. “I think we have knights. We call them Agents… the…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yay!!! He’s back!!
That would definitely work better, giving Julian some time to come to terms with his grief.
Perfect. I made the switch this morning actually.
Why is the first thing that comes to mind the scene from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie?
ya know…. that works. I think I had a scene from my own mind in my…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
*grin* Yup. That never works for an excuse!
Yup. lololol.
Actually, that scene with Leon was inspired by a true account I read! Wonder if it’s the same one?
-
Liberty replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
“Lord, all that’s down there is trouble. Nothing good happens out here after dark. I’m going home.”
*grin* Yup. That never works for an excuse!
Go now, and sin no more,
Perfect!
The whip tore into his back again and Leon felt himself jerk with the force of the blow. Oh God, forgive them!
Oh. WOW. I love this scene! Not because…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
ball’s in your court ma’am. i have no idea where we’re going.
Rory
Rory walked beside Leo, trying to force the limp from his steps. His mind was slowly working over what Leo had said, and he risked a glance at the older boy. “Leo… what’s knighted?”
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Haha!!! I love that meme so much!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Ooops! 😂
Wow, I have no idea what was even going on. I think Leo and Rory were having “brother time” 😄
Rory
Rory looked up quickly. “I’ll come with you right now!” He scrambled up. “That is, I’ll come with you now… if you would like me to… if your orders are to do so… sir… Leo.”
He shifted from one foot to the…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Lol!
*Viktor sees it*
What? I don’t… Oh. Oh! That’s funny. *Laughs so hard it sounds like a duck*
-
Beth replied to the topic Potato news 64 in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Paisley
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
This reminded me of a time a visitor to our church told my dad that the number of kids he had intimidated her. She was completely serious and never came back. There were only four of us at the time too. XD
Lol that lady would never survive where I live… I think the majority of families I know in church and outside of church have at…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
I love, love, love them! They look really good! I love Dixy’s colors! THEY’RE SO CUTE!
Ah, ‘black brown’ XD I have the same markers and that color has always bewildered me. Along with ‘dragon well tea’ lol.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Nothing immediately comes to mind for the first idea you mentioned, but for the second one, maybe a point of conflict could be something that both brothers are trying to achieve and it turns into a competition… you could go as deep into this as you want, whether it’s just petty sibling arguments or if it goes farther into one of them…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Chase
Soda. That was the same stuff that Marcel had gotten him at that shop. Chase himself had gotten some for Sef. He kind of liked soda.
He nodded.
sorry, it’s short
- Load More
