-
ET replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
Hesh
He lifted his head. What in the world were they talking about? Starships? He had heard of ships and stars, but not starships.
The woman introduced herself and began to introduce the man, but cut her off. He was obviously distrustful.
He set his mouth with purpose. Clearly, neither him nor the two in front of him knew where they were. They…[Read more]
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
No problem!
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Good idea. Focus on book one, and if book two happens, fantastic! Just see where the story leads.
I think that just hinting and foreshadowing the shadow group would work well, because then you don’t have to commit to book two, but can choose to write book two if you want.
Happy writing!
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Hmmm… well then, as a reader I wouldn’t expect it (unless if there is some FANTASTIC use of foreshadowing and allusion). But, if they’re there, I feel like the group should be revealed eventually.
I just had a crazy thought! What if the shadow group is revealed slightly in an ominous scene, and sets the stage for a sequel!
However, I don’t…[Read more]
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Sounds great! Although, as a reader I would probably want something to happen with the shadow group…
-
Unsung replied to the topic Greetings; I am a Jesus-follower in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Thank you!
Okay good! I’m glad I’m not the only one out there who hasn’t read them!
HAHAHA! Elfwing had mentioned something about a pineapple question… I wondered when it would come.
As far as the actual question: I don’t mind it. It’s not my favorite, but I do enjoy it. I have nothing against those who say yea or nay XD
When it…[Read more]
-
Unsung replied to the topic I technically count as new in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Yeah that could be it!
Ooooo, yet again sounds like an amazing idea!
Hahaha! You don’t talk too much! I actually feel most comfortable with talkative people, I think, because my friends have mostly been that my entire life!
lol even if it’s not a thing, you could make it a thing! In the writing world, there are no bounds. And, as I like to say,…[Read more]
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
This is quite exciting!
In my head, I was picturing him starting to doubt and starting to go insane and break down. But then something happens to make him realise that, though he made a HUGE mistake, he cant just… melt?… and he has to fix the problems he has made and maybe uncover the secret organisation and make a stand against the…[Read more]
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Hmmm… I see. This could lead to some great things in Anti’s character arc. Perhaps, though he was convinced at the time of the MC’s death, but later begins to doubt whether it was truly justified… I know so little about your story, and already I am seeing so much potential! Maybe one day I will learn more…
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
I was also thinking, has the antagonist ever killed someone before? That could help to figure out how it affects him. Good luck with your scene!
-
ET replied to the topic I need help, please! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Hmmm… I was reading through this, and I came up with another question:
How does your MC’s death affect the antagonist?
Of course, there would be repercussions for committing the act, but on a deeper level, how is Anti affected?
-
Unsung replied to the topic Greetings; I am a Jesus-follower in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
@issawriter7, sorry for the super random comment, but I love how your name is spelled! Very unique.
-
Unsung replied to the topic Greetings; I am a Jesus-follower in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Oh hey! I’m always happy to hear of another person learning Latin, @madelyn! Nice to know of people outside my class who are learning it.
I have…. *crawls into hole for shame* not read any of the LOTR/Tolkien books at all. Mom has read the Hobbit to us, and I’ve listened to the Theatrical Drama production of the Hobbit, but I… haven’t read…[Read more]
-
Unsung replied to the topic Greetings; I am a Jesus-follower in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Thank you! 🙂 It is indeed, and I absolutely love it so very much! I am an out-of-doors kind of gal!
-
Unsung replied to the topic I technically count as new in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Hmm, interesting.
Yes, that’s kind of what it is around here. You were able to describe it much better than I! “Disinterest”! My parents aren’t hostile to it at all, which is nice, because I’ve heard of actually quite a few writing friends whose parents don’t really approve, especially of the fantasy genre. That has got to be discouraging when it…[Read more]
-
ET replied to the topic THE WORLDBUILDING THREAD in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 5 months ago
Cool! Thanks!
-
ET replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Thrawn (or Mith’raw’nuru’odo) is, in my opinion, a very complex character. He, along with Darth Vader, is one of my favourite Star Wars villains.
-
ET replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Hesh furled his eyebrows. “Are we not at one of the Emperor’s estates?” He had boarded a ship sailing to a high land of Yamazen and, though the trip had been brimming with mist and storm, the captain had assured him that they had arrived safely at their intended harbour.
He glanced around. Now that he was really looking, everything seem…[Read more] -
ET replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Already written
-
ET replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Yes! I love both real and figurative cheesiness. Of course, he is not always cheesy, he can also often have a Grand-Admiral-Thrawn-like tone.
- Load More
