I need help, please!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting I need help, please!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    EmilySF
    @emilysf
      • Total Posts: 141

@e-m-trepke

I have given some thought to that idea, but as of yet, I do not know how Anti will be affected, mentally or anything. Aside from being ostracized completely from his group of gifted and all society, I am not sure how he will respond. I think he will continue to rationalize his actions, at least for a while, but when it comes time for him to really face his actions (as he will have to, because of another character) I cannot say what he will do.

That is something I will find out after writing his character much more and getting to know him better.

So, like I may have said before, I do now know if Anti will repent, but he will be given a chance; I just don’t know him well enough to say, right now. 🙂

But that is an excellent question!

"[Write] today like there's no tomorrow!"

E. M. Trepke
      @e-m-trepke
        • Total Posts: 145

I was also thinking, has the antagonist ever killed someone before? That could help to figure out how it affects him. Good luck with your scene!

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?
        -The Doctor

EmilySF
        @emilysf

@e-m-trepke

He has not; because of what he is, killing is a very serious thing for him and he has to have a very good reason for it (like, very very good reason and something possibly world-destroying will happen if the person isn’t killed) so he’s never killed before. Which, with that, it’s also really essential for him to have completely convinced himself that the killing was justified, because otherwise he’ll (probably) go mad and stuff like that.

Honestly, Anti just had a fault, a conviction, and a grudge that were manipulated to the point where he made a really, really bad decision and now he has to pay for it. Though, he also sort of let himself be pushed to the point, so…

E. M. Trepke
          @e-m-trepke

Hmmm… I see. This could lead to some great things in Anti’s character arc. Perhaps, though he was convinced at the time of the MC’s death, but later begins to doubt whether it was truly justified… I know so little about your story, and already I am seeing so much potential! Maybe one day I will learn more…

-The Doctor

EmilySF
            @emilysf

@e-m-trepke Definitely! I am vague about this particular part because, (as I mentioned) I don’t know him quite well enough. He’s got a few options, tho: continue believing that it was justified, despite everything proving it wasn’t; doubt and go insane; doubt, not go insane, and repent after finally forgiving himself; doubt, go insane, recover and repent; and so much more, but I just can’t know right now which one he will actually do. Maybe he’ll just see how wrong it was and have a complete breakdown and beg forgiveness and let go of all his bitterness and pride and anger and just be happy to even have a hut and a meal every day (because he maybe deserves less than that).

I don’t know! We’ll have to see!

I hope that one day you can, too!! Because I’d love to see this story published, once it is done!

E. M. Trepke
              @e-m-trepke

This is quite exciting!

In my head, I was picturing him starting to doubt and starting to go insane and break down. But then something happens to make him realise that, though he made a HUGE mistake, he cant just… melt?… and he has to fix the problems he has made and maybe uncover the secret organisation and make a stand against the manipulators. However, this only what my crazy brain just spat out. Have fun!

-The Doctor

EmilySF
                @emilysf

@e-m-trepke

it is, isn’t it!

That does seem to be the general trend of his options, heh. The only bump in that is: the only people who actually know that the shadow group exists are the members of the shadow group, because they are REALLY shadowy and he wasn’t even aware of the manipulation, so he thinks it was all him. It’ll likely pan out that he’s jerked back to sanity by MC’s student who comes hunting him and sees what Anti’s like, pities him, and helps him back to see the wrong but that he can be forgiven.

E. M. Trepke
                  @e-m-trepke

Sounds great! Although, as a reader I would probably want something to happen with the shadow group…

-The Doctor

EmilySF
                    @emilysf

@e-m-trepke, what if you don’t even know the group exists in the first place…? Because I don’t plan on the manipulation being clear, and only plan on it showing up if I continue the story for quite a while after the MC’s death.

Anyway, just a thought. 🙂

E. M. Trepke
                      @e-m-trepke

Hmmm… well then, as a reader I wouldn’t expect it (unless if there is some FANTASTIC use of foreshadowing and allusion). But, if they’re there, I feel like the group should be revealed eventually.

I just had a crazy thought! What if the shadow group is revealed slightly in an ominous scene, and sets the stage for a sequel!

However, I don’t know if you are planning for your book to be a standalone or a series.

-The Doctor

EmilySF
                        @emilysf

@e-m-trepke

Yeah, this book will take all the mastery of writing I can muster and more. 🙂

I agree with you. I am not sure whether this will be a stand alone or a series. I think, for now, I am planning on a stand alone, and if there is a second it will also sort of be a stand alone, just less so, but still so because it will be about a different character, and the second book could more involve the shadow group. Because, after the death of MC, they will begin making larger moves to counter the larger moves of the two groups to unite, which they do not want happening.

I am not completely sure how much I will want to write a second book, probably a decent amount, regardless, but I … yeah. There is definitely a possibility of one. Because the groundworks are there.

I think I would go with foreshadowing (in the first), though, and do a bigger reveal in the second book instead of really mentioning it at all in the first one.

🙂

E. M. Trepke
                          @e-m-trepke

Good idea. Focus on book one, and if book two happens, fantastic! Just see where the story leads.

I think that just hinting and foreshadowing the shadow group would work well, because then you don’t have to commit to book two, but can choose to write book two if you want.

Happy writing!

-The Doctor

EmilySF
                            @emilysf

@e-m-trepke

yes…

yes…

and thank you! 🙂

E. M. Trepke
                              @e-m-trepke

No problem!

-The Doctor

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >