-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m not particularly against the “warrior female” trope, but I am against completely messing up a character’s personality for what’s basically no reason.
Making Martha into an Astrid-like fierce girl would make no sense narratively, nor would it fit with Linus’s role for her in the series. Like Ellette said, I…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Awww, I’m so glad you like it!!! That means so much to me 🥰🥰 Honestly. Thank you so much for reading it.
Welll….. 😅 I didn’t really know where I was going with it when I started, I just knew I had to start. I’ll probably keep it as like, the same scene, but I still need to rewrite parts of it. It’s also super short compared…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Honestly, I think this was actually okay. God gives strength, understanding, peace, awareness, revelation, and courage in the time He has chosen for the people who are receiving it.
I totally agree with you 🙂
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I didn’t realize “wilting violet” was a British thing. 😂It just seems like the natural word to use sometimes.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
 I hope Andy comes back into the story because I like what I’ve seen of him!!!
He will return.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle Oh whoops 😅 Your names are similar but yours is more fun to type out
I have met Rory. Remember the twins? And I have been reading your rps. So it was a name mix up, not a person mix up lol
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Okay, okay. As long as we’re all on the same page here. lol.
Yeah, the female boss trope is just a trope to me, and in this case it wouldn’t work. It does work sometimes, not this time.
It’s a British phrase. *important sniff*
I read far to much British literature.Ah, I see. Well I can understand integrating your reading into…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Okay, there you go. I just had to protect one of my favorite characters from possible destruction. 😉
Oh no, I was not thinking any of those things would work! She’s not a warrior type or sassy or whatever. I figured she can continue to be quiet and timid by herself, the way she always is, but be the only person who uses a dragon f…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle I was thinking something more like this when I heard the dragon rider idea:
there’s this dragon in the stables that’s been mistreated or something, and as such it lashes out at everyone that comes close to it, but Martha notices it and is the first one to be truly kind to it, and as such she’s the only one it’ll let near it and…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
You can do it, Loopy. Be stubborn!!!
I can be stubborn.
I think I’m going to stubbornly accept my fate and stay lying on this floor.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Brea (the library)Â
Brea ignored Hugo’s look. These boys were distracting. She had work to do.
She frowned at her book and tried to remember which practice equation she was on. Benny slipped onto the page again. When he tried showing off his juggling skills with a few multiplication symbols, she silently t…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@power @hybridlore @calyhuge @whalekeeper  @highscribeofaetherium @theducktator @elishavet-pidyon @the_lost-journal @esther-c @trailblazer @jonas @beth-torres @euodia-vision @thearcaneaxiom @smiley @freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @felicity @keilah-h @raxforge @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @ellette-giselle @koshka @esther-c @theshadow
Okay…updates…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @whalekeeper @keilah-h @hybridlore
Sixth story (Note: I did post parts of this one in The Snowball Fight. To all those who read those parts, they have been slightly altered since then, but not by much, so feel free to skip those pieces)
fyi, it might take me a couple days to post the next story after this.
What Kind of Love is…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@keilah-h @whalekeeper @theducktator @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @godlyfantasy12 @grcr @esther-c @ellette-giselle @rae @anyone-else-lol
Riker Art (done today…and I’m so glad I stuck with it, because I love it so much😭)

-
freedom posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @koshka @keilah-h @grcr @rae @esther-c @theducktator @elishavet-pidyon @godlyfantasy12 @liberty @smiley @savannah_grace2009 @lightoverdarkness6 @whalekeeper
Who’s ready for Monday??? 😭✨
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
of course, I haven’t read the changes yet, but from what I think I’m understanding you saying, this seems like a really good option. I’m definitely still going to be reading. (unless I end up hitting some snags with the new way you chose to do this, and then I’ll let you know if I need to stop.)
Thank you! I’m happy you approve…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @theducktator @whalekeeper @stephie
Okay. It’s taken some time. I’ve put a lot of thought into this, but I’ve finally decided on what to do with my magic system.
I decided to change it up a bit.
We won’t know exactly how it works. One reason why I’ve decided on this is because of the narrator. He, being someone who…[Read more]
- Load More

MEEEEEE
Sitting here with cash in one hand and an eye on the amazon page!!!!!
Oh man I CAN’T WAIT!!!!
So excited!!!
yeaaaaahhhhh let’s goooooo
I might not be able to get it the minute it comes out but I will certainly buy it!!!
I JUST BOUGHT A COPY!!!!!!!!
*Dances around the room screaming*
I can’t wait!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH😭✨✨✨
I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!!!!
I just got it today and I’m going to start it the moment i can!!!!!