-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 10 months, 4 weeks ago
@rae Actually, Star Wars is a fantasy. Just set in space. The line between fantasy and science fiction is very, very blurred.
I like your original ideas for Guardian Angels better. But if you really want it to be fantasy-type and there be no sci-fi whatsoever, go ahead and do that, it’s your story.
Also, you really don’t need to have philo…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 4 weeks ago
@rae thank you, I only recently found out about it and it shocked me.
-
whaley replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Nice to see a post from you!
The genre was sci-fi, but I’m thinking of swapping genres to fantasy.
Hmmm.
I like it when people give me opinionated answers, so that’s what I’ll do here. I don’t think you should change it to fantasy unless you really, really want to. You’ve only brought up two (maybe three?) reasons to change it, and they’…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 10 months, 4 weeks ago
Oof. I see how it is. (Just kidding lol)
Wait, is your WIP sci-fi? I thought it was fantasy for whatever reason. Btw, when I said that, I was specifically thinking of Chuck Black’s Nova. I never got past the first chapter.
Interesting you mention bulletproof armor, as the Realn famously wear bulletproof armor. The Nanians don’t, but I…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 11 months ago
Ok wait. There’s no robots in Nausicaa. But there is genetic engineering kinda? That part’s vague. There is also a character with a mechanical prosthetic arm.
ok im going to bed now
-
Loopy replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 11 months ago
Also, also, there’s a character in Nausicaa named Master Yupa, who’s famous and respected throughout the land for being a master swordsman, and he is so cool. This movie is actually like my all time favorite. It is taking so much self control to not keep rambling about it right now.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 11 months ago
King Vorgan is a humanoid spider creature. In the sci-fi version he is the leader of a hivemind type of bug-alien race called the Nanians who are at war with my Realn. However, everyone does hiveminds (as I have learned) in sci-fi. Plus, the Nanians are originally only strength in numbers against my Realn who are strength in skill. the Nanians…
-
Loopy replied to the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 11 months ago
Yes, some sci-fi stories don’t explore these ideas, but I don’t find those enjoyable at all personally to read.
Oof. I see how it is. (Just kidding lol)
In my mind, there isn’t really much of a difference between fantasy and sci-fi, but I get why you’re struggling to decide between them.
The one suggestion I can think of right now is to…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago
hehe yeah I love strange, slightly unhinged writer protagonists. And I can see how that’d be helpful
-
Ruth started the topic Help with Guardian Angels in the forum Questions and Support 11 months ago
I think some of you are familiar with my old WIP Guardian Angels.Â
For those who need it, and those who have no idea what Guardian Angels even was, I’ll give a quick recap:
Guardian Angels follows the main character Nahim, and his best friend (who often steals the show and reader’s hearts as the favorite character by accident) Mandin, as Na…
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago
Oof, that’s rough. Will pray!
-
Liberty replied to the topic Jesus Writing Month!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago
Whoa, that sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Please Check This Out: Making Another Website? in the forum Announcements 11 months ago
Thank you! I have added you to the Notion workspace! Please look through the pages I have on there.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago
I’ve drawn lying down on the floor before. My shoulders usually start to hurt pretty quickly in that position though. I usually have my ipad in my lap and I just kinda curl around it.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Please Check This Out: Making Another Website? in the forum Announcements 11 months ago
@linus-smallprint whoops I forgot. Just sent a request
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago
For some reason, now I’m tempted to try drawing in that position, ha ha.
Personally, I find I draw better if I’m lying down on the floor than sitting at a desk. My dad has never understood that.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Please Check This Out: Making Another Website? in the forum Announcements 11 months ago
The links were posted earlier in this forum.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Please Check This Out: Making Another Website? in the forum Announcements 11 months ago
Just checking, did you both see the thing about Notion and the place to share the email address you use to sign up so that I can add you to the project?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago
@mineralizedwritings Thank you!
-
Loopy replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago

- Load More

