@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m not the best person to ask this. So, um, based on what I read, I think there’s is still some telling, but I think it’s better than before. Again, I am not the best person to ask this. I could be completely wrong either way. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@leumeister I’m sorry. 🙂 As I anticipated they weren’t much to my taste. I will say that the second one was much more interesting than the first, as the first one reminded me somewhat of Cannon in D. However, I do actually like Cannon in D, so that is not necessarily a bad thing. 😉 The real reason I didn’t like them is because I don’t lik…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I have done a few different types of planning for my stories, but I never can plan the ending first like Sam and SeekJustice do! 😀 In a way that’s cool, because I can have the same anticipation that the readers will have in that I don’t know how the story will end. On the other hand, that also means I usually have no idea how to c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! I’m here. It’s a little earlier than usual, but are you ready to write yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Ah! It’s great!! Only I almost wish I hadn’t watched ATOTC 1958 since it’s more fun to read something when it’s all going to be a surprise. 😀 But poor Justice! Why didn’t he get rid of those papers when he had the chance?! 🙁
I really don’t like his cousin at all. He’s annoying in the bad way instead of the good way. 😉 I lik…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I’m so jealous! But last time I got to read it before you did, so this time I guess it’s your turn. 😉
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! I wish I had seen this before! Now my brother’s birthday party is in progress, so I absolutely have to join in downstairs. (I was going to put a sad emoji here, but I can’t really be sad for my…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seejustice Okay, so ya know how I said I’d start reading it tomorrow?
I finished it.
I literally put off studying for a test to read it 😛 (you should be proud and concerned) 😉
It was awesome! 🙂 I can’t wait for more.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice No problem. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yay! I think I should be able to start reading it tomorrow 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Sorry that I haven’t got around to reading these parts yet. I’ve been having internet trouble and Google docs hasn’t been talking to me, but I finally got my own doc to update (Oh, no! I just realised, I forgot to tag you! Eep! There’s an update on my novel, Skredder, which you should be able to see over on my thread). Hopefully I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
No worries, that’s fine! I love answering questions 😀
I actually just wrote a blog post on this, which you can check out if you like. https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/finding-inspiration-for-a-retelling/
I really love writing retellings, I think for the same reason I like reusing and recycling material objects,…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily Nope. I don’t outline before I start. The most I ever do is write a couple of ideas for the next two or three scenes and have a general idea of how the story is probably going to end.
Sometimes it doesn’t turn out the best, but, hey, that’s what editing is for. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks so much for your kind words 😀 It really, genuinely means so much to me!
And guess what! I updated the document, there’s three more chapters now 😀 I’m just experimenting, but let me know if you have to request access again. I don’t think you should need to, but I’m still learning the Google Doc…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Yay, thanks! 🙂 I’ll get to these as soon as I can. Enjoy your trip!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@juliawrites4christ Thank you! I love creating characters too. It’s fun when they take on a life of their own, even if they get stubborn and decide to change the plot. 😛
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice Here are parts 4 and 5. They should be read together as close as possible. And I will be out of town for a few days and won’t be able to put anything else up. Hope you enjoy…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder aw, thank you for reading it! 😀
I do have a question though: Jane said that I was struggling with telling instead of showing, how do you think that was in this chapter?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic KP Literature Character Search Corner in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
Name: Kapeefers know her as ‘Notta Writer’ but her real name is Amanda Write.
Species: Human
Appearance: Round face, pale skin, blonde hair with reddish highlight -usually in a bun, dark blue glasses that frame her blue grey eyes.
Personality: Awkwardly shy, anxious, a little bit of a cry baby (but never in public) artistic, and empathetic.
Other…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m not here because I am writing but because I have a question for you specifically and didn’t think it worth creating a new thread. (I hope that’s okay 😉 )
Anyways I know that you like to write stories that are retellings and would love to hear your general thoughts and advice about writing them. 🙂
- Load More
