@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin Also, here’s a link to a songwriting topic we had here awhile ago
   https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/the-kingdom-pen-songwriting-corner/
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 😀 Yep. And Stan sings them. It’s hard on the ears, believe me
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin I have some experience writing songs and such, but I’m definitely no expert. I actually barely know anything about any real songwriting ‘rules’ I just go from what I like to write personally. I’d love to give you any help I can. Do you want to post your songs, or a link to them?
-
Alia replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira, my plan is to have it done by June. So be on the lookout then for a way to read it then
-
Daeus replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I use K.M.Wieland’s outlining system for outlining my novel. I only do basic outlines of chapters when I come to them. I also keep a long bullet list of random ideas for my story and many of these ideas end up getting woven into the plot.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I love outlining (or, at least I love how it works for me) and I don’t think I know anybody who has tried outlining and been disappointed by it. I also know a couple people who have tried outlining and been happy they did.
At the same time, I don’t recommend outlining everything. Your story needs room to evolve. If you outline too deeply, you’ll…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 I use a character questionnaire sheet I made up that used to be on KP and is currently on the Story Embers site. For me, a lot of a character has to do with asking enough questions about them to boil them down to three central qualities about who they are as a person. Once I have a set core for the character, it’s easier for me to…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Okay, thank you 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 This may sound ridiculous, but I get really excited about my characters when I imagine them doing stuff in moveie form. 🙂
Actually, the newly launched website storyembers.org has a downloadable character questionnaire. K. M. Weiland also has a more extensive character form she fills out. You can get that on her website,…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin Hi! I love music, but I don’t write lyrics (I play cajon.)
I think @dekreel , @sam-kowal , and @alia write songs, though. (Tell me if I’m wrong, guys!)
Good luck on your music!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin Hi there! I don’t think we’ve met. *shakes your hand heartily* I don’t write songs, but I do get very into critiquing the ones I listen to. 😛 So, if you want a full rant about what I’ve noticed, I’d be happy to oblige! But I need to go right now, talk to you later!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 Also, having your MC’s personality different than your sidekicks personality can be more interesting and realistic than if they are the same. Â I guess, all of your characters will be different while always having a little of you in them too.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia. Ooh, I love it! Â Now I want to read the whole thing!
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 *squeals* Characters are the best part of writing/storytelling for me! Don’t ask me how to create intense plots or even good pacing.. But characters? 🙂
Disclaimer, I doubt I know as much as I think I know about characters, and i’m pretty bad at explaining the stuff I do understand.
Okay so I think with character development t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 Hi Grace! This is a cool question. 🙂 I’m going to answer it for myself, but I have no idea if my methods are the same as everyone else’s. 😀
Well, I read in the front page of every book where the author has the disclaimer which says something like “any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental,” and I w…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice
Im unable to access wordpress at the moment (our household has a add blocker thingy that interferes with certain websites sometimes) but ill have to remember to check it out at some point!Don’t worry! Long posts don’t scare me! (as long as its a topic as interesting as writing 😀 )
A while back I had an idea for a retelling of…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey! @celticcailin I’m pretty clueless when it comes to music but I think @jess-penrose does music? (maybe??)
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens. Hi! Â Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! Â Do you know how to post topics and such? Â Glad you are here!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin Hi!  Very few of my songs turn out fit to sing. 🙂  Do you feel comfortable posting any of your songs so we can see them?  (Its totally fine if you don’t.)  Sounds like you already have some better advice anyway. 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 I think my favorite thing about writing is creating my characters!  I never thought when I began writing that I would feel so close to my characters.  Sometimes I’m like, “I am so sorry I have to put you through this, my dear character, but its for the best I promise!  You will triumph in the end!”  🙂
Is it your characters per…[Read more]
- Load More
