@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Is everything you write sci-fi? Do you like other genres at all?
Yes, it’s amazing how much they can do with computer effects in tv shows now, especially when you consider that for Star Trek: TOS the costume and set designers just went to used clothing stores and junk piles for a lot of their stuff since the budget was so small.…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@princessfoo @daughteroftheking Awesome, fantasy seems to be taking the lead 😉
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
It DID show up twice!
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
This post might show up twice too. Those computer gnomes…
@jenwriter17 @catwing @seekjustice I vote for fantasy too! And, like everyone else, it definitely isn’t because I have a fantasy book to read already.
@daughteroftheking You are reading Ranger’s Apprentice!! Which one?
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @catwing @seekjustice I vote for fantasy too! And yes, just like everyone else, it isn’t because I already have a fantasy book ready to read. I would be okay with historical too, but it might end up being fantasy anyways, because practically all the books in the YA historical section at my library is about affairs, which I won’t rea…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @catwing @seekjustice @princessfoo
I vote fantasy as well, and no, it doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that my current read is fantasy too. 😛 (Ranger’s Apprentice yeaaaahhh!!)(also if this post shows up twice, don’t blame me. Blame the angry computer gnomes in my laptop.)
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I assure you potato-squash is not poisonous. That is an interesting prompt though. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@catwing @daughteroftheking @seekjustice @princessfoo Awesome! So what genre do you guys vote we start with?
I vote fantasy (and it has nothing to do with the fact that I’m reading a fantasy right now and I hate stopping books in the middle to read a different one 😛 ) My second option would be historical.
We’ll probably close the voting on…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwroter17 *whispers in corner* I might perhaps join in…
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 *rises dramatically out of the floor* Count me in!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister I would like to try one/both of your characters…but I have hardly any time to spare at the moment, as I am helping prepare for my sister’s graduation party this Saturday. They do sound like awesome characters though and it may be next week before I get to them. 🙂
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Haha, nice one, you picked up on the reference too. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Sorry for dropping out on you. 🙁 I’m just popping in now to let you know I am not going to be on for a while, but I’ll probably be on and off later today.
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m more interested in animation, although I’ve had ideas for live action shows with heavy use of VFX. I’ve actually seen a lot more of pretty decent visual effects in TV shows lately.
It is. And it involves greenscreens sometimes and a lot of white dots. 😛 And a lot of processing power.
Yeah, so did I. Interesting thing I just…[Read more]
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @jenwriter17 Me too! I love talking about books.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Slack-jawed confusion is not necessarily the reaction I am going for.
Congratulations, you have now ascended to the ranks of @seekjustice, who up to this point has been the only other person I recall who made me laugh aloud just from a forum message. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Well, it’s supposed to be a comedy, right?
😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you see a high quality grocery bag sitting in your house and it freaks you out…because on the outside of the bag it says “I am a reusable bag” and you wonder why the bag is talking to you and who decided to give a bag a POV anyway, and whether all bags can talk and if the bags are going to start a revolution against…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Hi! As I said above, I’m also going to be off and on, so I might take a really long time to respond sometimes. But hello again. 🙂
@valtmy That is the problem I’m having with my western. (which I’m not working on right now, I’m doing something for my parents’ books.) I already have beta readers, you included, and I haven’t been a…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @valtmy Hi! I am back on for a bit. I will be on and off today.
- Load More
