You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when you feel you should explain to your mom why she walked in on you downloading pictures of strangers off the internet. “He looks like my character. It’s for a collage… thing… it isn’t weird…”

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@daughteroftheking haha yes! Some of our writer stuff needs to be explained so parents aren’t concerned 😉

You know you’re a writer when you meet a stranger with the same name as your MC and your eyes nearly pop out of your head and you almost say “Wow really?!” But then you don’t, cuz that might scare the person 😜

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking

You know you’re a writer when you go into the backyard to wave a stick around aggressively, pretending to fight wolves and whatnot. One of my characters fights with a staff. It’s RESERCH. I’m being PROFESSIONAL. Not just having way too much fun. RESERCH, I tell you.

Grace H.
          @gh24682468999
            • Total Posts: 199

@daughteroftheking I actually do something like that while I’m writing. Not just while writing, though, but when I’m imagining scenes in my head, I’ll adapt facial expressions, body language, and have to be careful not to let anybody see me… xD

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
            literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

Piggybacking on what @daughteroftheking said:

You know you are a writer when you wish there was a way to test if a knife or sword is actually stained red after someone stabs somebody… without hurting someone.

You can pronounce it however you want.

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking

@gh24682468999 @dekreel I guess the excuse “I’m doing research” only gets us so far. XD

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine
                  • Total Posts: 3322

You know you’re a writer when you see a high quality grocery bag sitting in your house and it freaks you out…because on the outside of the bag it says “I am a reusable bag” and you wonder why the bag is talking to you and who decided to give a bag a POV anyway, and whether all bags can talk and if the bags are going to start a revolution against being thrown away…

…okay, it didn’t get quite that bad at the first moment…but the very fact that I was able to think of that and write it should prove something…and it did kind of freak me out. 😛  In fact, every time I walk past that bag and see it again my brain has a little explosion in a back corner.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice
                    • Total Posts: 3365

@jenwriter17

You know you’re a writer when you meet a stranger with the same name as your MC and your eyes nearly pop out of your head and you almost say “Wow really?!” But then you don’t, cuz that might scare the person

A girl recently started coming to my youth group and her name is…Rain. She doesn’t have blue hair, but she does wear denim. I like watching her simply because her name is Rain and she reminds me so much of my character…and this is getting creepy.

@rochellaine

Oh dear…I think you may have taken this whole writing thing a little too far.

But you know you are a writer when you edit the already published newspaper for the express purpose of annoying people.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17
                      • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice oh my goodness that is SO COOL! Rain in person! So she is alive! 😛

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                      www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                      @dekreel

You know you’re a writer when you’re reading a word problem in math that says something like, “Two jugs stand side by side on a shelf,” and your brain goes, “What are those jugs doing there? Who put them on the shelves? What is the liquid used for? What color are they? What is the room like where the shelf is? How old are the jugs?” But instead it gives you a lousy math problem, and you’re like, “A fascinating story — just wasted!!”

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel

Not that I’ve ever done that before…no, of course not 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Catwing
                          @catwing
                            • Total Posts: 2557

@rochellaine perhaps talking bags are why horses are scared of bags… (That was a joke that I now realize isn’t as funny as it was in my head.)

@seekjustice
                            I met someone with the same name as one of my characters. When she said her name, I thought, “At least she doesn’t look like my poor tortured character. I wouldn’t want to have a book conversation with her and say, ‘You remind me of one of my characters with the same name, she sets a lot of things on fire and goes blind.'”
                            Yeah…

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
                            @catwing

@dekreel Math is determined to be boring. It is very stubborn.
                              Solve this problem like this.
                              Why do they need to know this? Why am I doing math for the person in this problem? Sjouldn’t they do their own math? 😛
                              (The point is to learn math… But still! 🙁 )

Joy
                              @dekreel

You know you’re a writer when you see a tall stack of clean, fresh notebooks at the store and you go, “MUST… HAVE…!!!!!”

Catwing
                                @catwing

@dekreel I know!
                                  And when Walmart has their back to school sale, “These spiral bound only 25 cents, a few years ago they used to be 18 cents though. And those other bound books are only 50 cents… But I will not buy them. I have enough. Besides they aren’t that pretty.” Continues looking at all the pencils, books, and school supplies. “Oh, look these are pretty and they’re only 88 cents. Wait some of them aren’t… I’ll just buy one. For school… I don’t need anymore writing books right now… Nope…” ;P Walmart back to school sales, am I right? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >