-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I know, right? Big Hero 6 is one of my favorite movies.
And yeah, Mustang definitely should have given her all those flowers. XD I wonder what he did with them afterwards…?
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm Um. *instantly forgets every single book I’ve ever read about*. Sidekicks generally exist in adventure stories or superhero stories told from one person’s POV…or so I’ve noticed. As I don’t read those genres much…I suppose sidekick is also that third wheel character besides the MC and the girl.
But after Googling “sidekick” I…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic A Question to Pick Your Minds in the forum Characters 6 years ago
@leon-fleming Please define diverse and interesting.
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Protagonist? What Made you Like them so Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin A worthy protagonist indeed.
@kathleenramm Generally my favorite characters are always extremely minor ones that appear for two seconds, so… I guess I like Kousei Arima from Your lie in April. He’s a pianist, like me, and has a lot of quirks that I like. And he isn’t too much of anything, like being too dramatic,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your Dream Writing Spot? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm It’s just a regular town beach off of the Atlantic. It’s not the prettiest, but it does have it’s charms during sunset.
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your Dream Writing Spot? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@gracie-j (Last one’s not just you haha)
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your Dream Writing Spot? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@gracie-j Nah, I don’t think that’s weird. In the same way, having a beautiful blue sky that stretches out for forever also seems to call out to my soul. Unfortunately, I guess I can only write about such places XD.
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your Dream Writing Spot? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm Honestly I’m not really picky about where I write, as I’ve written in places from my bed to closed airports to the side of the highway. But I think I would really like to write at a desk in a little room by a window that looks out to the sea. I live near the ocean, but here I’m talking about that romanticized type of beach/ocean…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@leon-fleming Oh boy. Those are perfectly acceptable reasons. Hope you found other books to read that you liked. (Which, probably, you did XD)
-
Lin changed their profile picture 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your favorite thing about creative writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm Aww thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed! I’m hoping to finish my next one in a few days but unfortunately I feel like I don’t have the same control over longer works than I do shorter works. You know?
-
Lin replied to the topic Howdy folks! in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 1 month ago
@lewilliams Hello!
-I love language as well. And I find it a pity that when I’m translating things, I can’t bring over the exact feeling that words convey in one language to another language.
-I want to see your cat now. The Most Excellent Theophilus…love the name.
-What instruments do you play?
-I wish I lived in the South.
-Blimey Cow is…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your favorite thing about creative writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm I’ve never really thought about this, but I guess just the fact that I can create something, and this thing that I’ve created is my own. In the end, it’s just a bumble of incoherent thoughts in my mind, but it’s mine, to enjoy or to destroy or to do whatever I want in it. As I’m reminded by J.R.R. Tolkien’s essay on fairy tales, we…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@leon-fleming XD As a person who finds herself hating well-liked books from time to time, I am quite interested in hearing why you hate it. Do I sense a story hear?
-
Lin replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm Definitely, definitely Ray Bradbury. Ever since I read Fahrenheit 451 I have learned how to spell Fahrenheit and have fallen in love with his prose. Every time I write after I read his work I am just filled with something that possess my hand to write long descriptive sentences.
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@merieshenanigans Ah thank you!
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@merieshenanigans I use a platform called Webnovel XD Also known as QiDian International.
@kathleenramm Sure thing! Here’s the link!
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm I published a short story a few months ago, and am currently working on a longer work.
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Truth be told, I am rather new to the business of writing webnovels. It’s very popular in Asia, an easy way for writers to get their writings online. From what I’ve seen webnovels are generally serialized daily by chapter, each usually a first draft, which usually makes them lower in quality than a traditional novel. Each chapter is…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Recently I’ve gotten into review swaps on one of those webnovel sites, and it’s been pretty good for my motivation. Now I really want to go work on my projects.
Essentially I am constantly working on three projects at a time: my main stuff, which is handwritten; a webnovel; and working on typing and redrafting what I have already…[Read more]
- Load More
