-
Koshka replied to the topic What's an unexpected benefit you got from writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Writing has helped me think in words, to put my thoughts in a written format. But that may be expected. What I didn’t expect was a love for editing.
Yes, editing. Fixing mistakes, taking my horrid words and forming something beautiful. Sadly, I rarely have enough written to reform, and what I do have usually needs complete revision. *Sighs,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What's an unexpected benefit you got from writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
@kathleenramm Writing has allowed me to appreciate different forms of story more. While more things may seem mediocre now, I can also truly better appreciate the highest forms of literary art, such as classic lit, as well as extremely well done movies. Yes, being a writer ruins some things because now I can predict the plot. But when I can’t…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
@kathleenramm Ever since I started writing I read much less, and I don’t reread books I read long ago anymore, plus I think we gave a lot of them away. On the rare occasion that I remembered I loved one book as a kid and I would reread it, I usually found it more hilarious than before.
There was one trilogy I really loved called School For Good…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you! It’s alright, life is hard enough to keep up with. 😉
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Have you ever heard of Simon Khorolskiy? If you like good Russian worship music most of what I’ve heard of his I recommend.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Is there any particular wolf biography you would recommend? Wolves are such beautiful creatures, it is sad when they are usually viewed as evil. That was one reason I wanted to write about them. This does help with the theme for this series; it doesn’t matter who you are, what you had done, or where you’ve been, you choose what heart…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
This is all first draft, so… you know. Feedback more than welcome.
Note: The epilogue takes place in a world war almost a thousand years later.
Prologue
The sun was sinking, weary with winter. Moonlight was already dancing with the falling snow. A lonesome voice joined winds in song, then fell away. The stars hid, buried deep in…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Oh, and I’m thrilled you are using 9th century Russia! Most goof Medieval fantasy I’ve read is based in later centuries when there is so much left in earlier times.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Um, I’m not sure what you mean by biographies, but I don’t think so. Most of what I know has come from old textbooks, pictures, and conversations. Most of the fictional books I’ve read that include some type of wolf usually equate them with something bad. Or maybe I just haven’t read many books with wolf characters.
Thank you! I try…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry and
Trahia the Minstrel are now friends 4 years, 11 months ago -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hey, I am suuuper sorry for my late response.
THAT IS SO COOL!!!!! But, you have to finish the false prince series! It’s my absolute favorite!! Ooo yes, I can definitely see that!!! I was actually thinking about how similar your story sounded to the false price when you talked about it!!!
YES!!!! I’d love that…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I love this series and especially the end. Although I was shocked when I got to it, I love the way it was written.
I wouldn’t want it to end any other way. It was meant to shake you, to make you stop and think.
It’s powerful. It’s a message. It is hope.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Привет! I am commenting on here as it wouldn’t let me reply to you on the activity-feed-thing.
My brother’s writing is amazing (Don’t Tell him I said that)!
Thank you! I love my wolves and themes too. (Otherwise why would I like talking about them so much?)
My favorite theme to write? Ooo, I suppose that ‘ matter what you’ve done,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
You’re welcome ;). I usually forget my character’s misbelief, so…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
I have never seen it, and (is this bad?) I honestly don’t want to. I have heard it is amazing, again from a trusted source. I just don’t watch much of anything (a bit too much of a book person with a vivid imagination and accidental history snob/nerd).
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing sprint thread in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I have no idea what Sprint means… We have a kids thing at our church tonight that I’m working, but I may be able to participate.
-
Lin replied to the topic What aspect of writing have you grown most with as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
@kathleenramm I think for me it was probably plot and themes. I remember when I first started writing I didn’t really know what themes I wanted to write about, how to incorporate them, or if I even wanted a theme. Now I think that everything I write has multiple themes woven throughout, though I can’t quite tell what they are. (This is why I…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing sprint thread in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@e-k-seaver Would I like to sprint? Yes. Do I have homework to do? Yes.
-
Koshka replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
*Smiles at the names*
I love the ending! I may change ‘Milla was curled up on the ground,’ to ‘I could just see Milla curled up on the ground,’ or something like that. But then again, I don’t know. - Load More
