@dancefree7
Active 8 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Bumbling Henchman
- Total Posts: 3
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@gretald Isn’t theater great 😉 It’s one of my favoritest things to do, (besides writing of course ;)) Oh do tell which shows you’ve been in and what parts you played! I’m itching to get back on the community stage! It’s been a whole year and a half since I last did a show 🙁 Mainly because the shows have been dis-honoring ones.
Anyway, let’s…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic "Pen Names" A Good or Bad Move? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Hey now, if you can’t become a successful author with an O’…” name, nobody can.
-
Kate Flournoy and
Mallory O'Bier are now friends 10 years, 6 months ago -
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
Thanks! @kate-flournoy
@adry_grace, thanks for the tips! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@adry_grace: Hehe, I’m as distracted as they come. 😉 Yeah, LOTR is a pretty hard read (my dad read it out loud to my siblings and me the first time). But it’s really worth it. Yes! Tolkien is the geniusest genius of all the geniuses. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield and @bluejay:
Did someone say theater? I LOVE theater!!! And musicals…and…and…all of it. @rolena-hatfield, you do community theater???? Okay, we need to talk! I do community theater, too! *suddenly remembers to breathe* This is so exciting! Who were you in the shows you listed, @rolena-hatfield?
-
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh, okay. Thanks for the ideas and help @Daeus! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
@gretald
Mostly intuition and mostly as I go. When I first make a character, I get a feel for them. It’s not really a set definition of who they are, it’s more about how they make me feel. When I’m writing them in a scene, I try to bring out that feeling in concrete character qualities. Sometimes I emphasise character qualities I have already…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
Yep, well there it is! 😉 And I’ll be happy to answer any further questions you have, of course, provided I KNOW the answers. 😉 😀
I just figured you should see if any of your questions had already been answered before we went over it again. 😛 -
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
Hehe, thanks @ingridrd
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay *pats your shoulder and hands you a tissue* There, there don’t cry young lassie. Oh I’m so sorry to hear your health is a bother! I completely understand. I had a few years where my health was a large challenge. (I’ll pray for you 🙂 I know it’s tough)
Yes, I believe I’ve done 8 community shows so far. (Fiddler on the Roof, Little Women,…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
Hearty Welcome to you @ingridrd!
We have a lot in common as well! 🙂 I’m the second child in the family (though of four) and I desire to show Jesus’s “firstness” first and foremost. I love acting, singing, writing and art as well! And I liked English way more than Math.
How many stories have you written? (or books:)) Do you have a favorite genre?…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy: Hehe, I was looking for that topic, but I couldn’t remember where it was. 🙂
@Daeus: Thanks! So how do you develop characters?
-
Greta and
Rolena Hatfield are now friends 10 years, 6 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
Honestly, I don’t develop my character’s that way. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad. If you like to ask questions though, try these:
Does this character keep tend to keep their thought to themselves, or express them openly?
How do their general life circumstances affect their disposition?
How do they respond to praise?
How do they…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
Allow me to redirect you. 🙂 To that place in the link right there. 🙂
-
Greta started the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 6 months ago
OK, I know that I posted a topic about this before, but I have another question about characterization. So what are some questions that I could ask to help develop a character? I thought of one–what would the character do if he/she won a million dollars–but do you all have any other questions that would help to develop characters?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magical swords…and stuff in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh! And Zar’roc, if you remember it— Brom’s sword from ‘Eragon’. Pretty cool.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magical swords…and stuff in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Sting. Anduril. Excalibur. Orcrist. Glamdring.
Mirlon. Navrilnon.
Just kidding about those last two— they’re mine. 😉 😛
I’ll let you know if I think of any more.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Wow I just created a world and now I want to share it with you! in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy yes I decided I wanted a change and then Sven got to my nose so I had to change. I’m not sure what kind of flower it is either. I took it at a butterfly enclosure at the zoo and I think the butterfly flew and I got the flower instead. I don’t know, I might change soon again. Not sure it’s quite what I want. *I’m too fussy for my own…[Read more]
- Load More
