@catwing
Active 4 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daeus @catwing @ethryndal @epicaddie2 @that_writer_girl_99 @audrey-caylin @seekjustice @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy
I am in need of some book recommendations. Preferably fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction. Also something with action. I have read like half of Narnia, the Hobbit (but not the LOTR), and the first bo…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Here-ing.
@inkling-for-christ Ah! Nice topic! 😀
Challenge: Show
Setting: Fell off a tree
Cat watched Dog balance on the branch, wobbling then proceeding to bark every so often.
“When are you going to fall?” Cat asked, licking her paw.
Dog snarled, “You got me into this mess! Help me!”
“Don’t chase me,” Cat said.
Dog bristled, his…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ *rubs paws together* Let’s kick this off!
Challenge: Show
Setting: The feeling of winning a competition
Justin smiled and blinked rapidly in delight as Mr. Parker honored him with the trophy. When he took it, he barely kept himself from tossing it into the air.
How’s that?
@dragon-snapper, Come here!
Your challenge i…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Congratulations, @aislinn-mollisong!
@that_writer_girl_99Â Let’s see……
How to Get Inspired to Write when you’re Stuck:
- Take notes. That’s the left-brained thing to do. I would take notes on the plotline and the characters’ motivations to let yourself know how exactly things are going to turn out for them, and how they react.
- Listen to…
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
Never Ren. Always Vader.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa *lowers voice* *puts on spy sunglasses to feel sneakier* Ah, I see. When we make them, we usually don’t eat them either.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Not only did you ship Ren and Rey, but you also called Snoke cute…
I’m just gonna go melt a chair.
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
#RenandRey
Yeah. I didn’t ship it at all in the Force Awakens, but now I do…SO MUCH
We watched it on opening night, which was super awesome because my sister and I dressed up, plus there were a ton of people, and the whole crowd clapped at various points in the movie…the opening title (of course), the fight between Luke and Kylo, Luke’s dea…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 I’m pretty sure Daeus has always shipped Rey and Kylo Ren… 😂
@Dragon-Snapper I will be back tomorrow to refute everything you just said with my irrefutable logic. Beware. *waves fork ominously*
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Dekreel Oh look, you added it to the list. 😂😂😂
-
Joy replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Also a Kapeefer (especially an extroverted fangirling/boying one) regards other Kapeefers as celebrities
( @ethryndal, I have proof of that on your blog XD)
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Alright, folks! The first newsletter is in the books! Thanks you, everyone, for sharing your advice! @aislinn-mollisong is this week’s winner, but submit more advice for a chance to see your name in next weeks’ email!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Did you just…acknowledge the fact that you ship Rey and Kylo Ren?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Still have any questions? Looks like there’s some good advice here.
-
Joy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Then there’s one thing I couldn’t stand was that Leia was able to save herself from outer space using the force. Does everyone have the force in these new movies?
I don’t know the fine points of Star Wars, but I have heard that Leia doesn’t use the force. So reading that, I was thinking… Did someone else save her? I wonder… *wi…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17Â HAHA That’s funny! My sister used to eat paper. I wonder if you would like @mariposa‘s dinosaur…
Did you have a favorite Magic Tree House book? I liked those, too 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Ah! @dekreel I asked this same question 11 months ago. Here. *shoves link above at you* Five pages of helpful goodness. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Never. STAR WARS IS NOT A ROMANCE.
Okay…so am I the only one who actually does not like this one as much as Force Awakens. I know I posted earlier, but I’m thinking about it more.
*prepares for everyone to retaliate*
I found Snoke a little disappointing. In the Force Awakens he was a mysterious…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ I see. Thanks! Well, I’m in, it sounds amazing!
-
Joy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Wait… @daeus, you have a show-don’t-tell course?! Where do I find it?! 😀
- Load More
