@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks! As you probably know by now, I took a look at the doc. It actually helped a lot as an explanation of what I need to fix.
I definitely can’t use your examples – because his voice totally changes in them from my version of his voice. 🙂 But I consider that a good thing because otherwise I’d feel like you had written it in…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to KP, @aviantrail! I second Daeus’ question about Kylo Ren. He’s amazing and if you don’t like him, I’m sure we can convince you otherwise. *ahem*
Do you have a current work in progress?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine OH NO!!! That is awful. Losing something you’ve written is horrible. Hopefully you can remember most of it!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello there! @kaya-young Welcome to KP!
Seems like everyone’s already given you a warm welcome, so…I’m not sure what to ask…um… are you left-handed or right-handed?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Last night I lost about 500 words of a short story when my computer failed. 🙁 For some reason it didn’t even autosave. So now I’m trying to remember what I had written and re-write it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I am mostly brainstorming for my WIP (which I just finished the first draft of)…just trying to figure some plot holes out and such. 🙂
-
Ingrid and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Hello yourself. What type of world-building?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Hello, hello. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Okay, I’m here. Maybe now I’ll have the courage to rewrite those 500 words I lost last night.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I need help… my character is too withdrawn in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d I think the first way people learn to make relationships is when someone else forces them out of their shell into a relationship. I know this may seem cliche, but I think the reason it works so well in fiction is because it is like that in real life. I have seen traumatized and withdrawn people who opened up after a lot of patience a…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I am doing some characterization and world-building…
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Ooooh! My favorites are Unter, Byrk, and Anret. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I just remembered: We have a friend who wrote a really successful series and got it published by a publishing company instead of self-publishing. He says that he has a lot of trouble with that because when he goes to conferences and such to sell his books and do book-signings, he has to actually get permission and buy the books f…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi! Here are some more names I’ve come up with which I hope will not wallow in the depths of unrecognized insignificance for the rest of their inky lives.
Girls:
- Vimone
- Tatali
- Roshley
- Ǽnkli
- Rutalie
- Karnie
- Karby
- Saree Jarren
<b>Guys:</b>
- Coleard
- Ellshir
- Jamras
- Anret Poon
- Powon Vicane
- Byrk
- Annert Shyth
- Jarren S…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I actually haven’t seen the movie, but I’m sure if I did I’d like the book better. I have a standard rule which usually is correct, that if the book was written first, it’s better than the movie, and if the movie was made first, it’s better than the book. 🙂 However, once I found out that in the movie Charlotte was voiced by Debbie R…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia Hmmm…I always have trouble drawing children, but I might try. Anyone else?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@everyone I wasn’t gonna say anything because I wouldn’t consider my art to be in the ‘manga’ style. But I’ve been stalking this thread cuz I love to see everyone’s art! I wanted to say I like what you are doing and I hope you all keep drawing and developing your skills 🙂
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Hello! And howdy do to you too! 😀
I like Star Wars too! Does being a crazy birder include birdwatching? That’s a SUPER cool hobby! 😀 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome @kaya-young ! Hope you feel right at home here 😉
Do you have any writing projects at the moment? Also I really like your profile picture! Did you draw it? - Load More
