Salutations!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Salutations!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Kaya Young
    @kaya-young
      • Total Posts: 272

Hello!

Iā€™m Kaya,and Iā€™m 15, homeschooled, and have 3 amazing younger siblings. Iā€™m super excited to be on Kingdom Pen!

I love to sing, do craft projects, listen to music, spend time with Jesus and my family, and read!

I also have a weird cat named Max, an Aussie pup named Rogan, and a handful of chickens.

Iā€™m not sure what else to say, but I have a question for yā€™all: Have you read any books by Jeff Wheeler? I love his books, but none of my friends have read any of them. šŸ™

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
      http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

aviantrail
      @aviantrail
        • Total Posts: 12

Hi! Iā€™m also brand new to Kingdom Pen šŸ™‚

And I was homeschooled for pretty much all of my life. High five, fellow homeschooler!

"Reflect that I may be an acquired taste... Give me the same chance you would an olive." ā€“Psmith

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@kaya-young

Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet!! (HAHA I SAID IT FIRST!). Sorry. *coughs* *straightens jacket*

Well, where do we begin! Iā€™m homeschooled too (currently in my last year though), what kind of books do you read? Do you have a current writing project? Where abouts in the world are you from?

Also, what kind of dog is an Aussie one? Iā€™m Australian, so Iā€™m curious. Is it like a kelpie, maybe?

Iā€™ve honestly never heard of Jeff Wheeler, Iā€™m sorry šŸ™

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@kaya-young Welcome!Ā  Did you possibly get your topic title, (Salutations,) fromĀ Charlotteā€™s Web?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

ClaireC
            @clairec
              • Total Posts: 628

Hey @kaya-young! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. Yeah, yeah, @seekjustice, I know you said it first but, *shrugs*

Iā€™m Australian, like @seekjustice, Where in the States are you from, assuming youā€™re from the States?

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Josiah DeGraaf
              @aratrea
                • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the forum @kaya-young! I was homeschooled myself from Kindergarten through high school. Afraid Iā€™m not familiar with Jeff Bridges. :/ What other authors do you enjoy?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ingrid
                @ingridrd
                  • Total Posts: 830

@kaya-youngĀ  Hello!Ā  I am also 15, homeschooled, and have three younger siblings (also an older sister)!Ā  Do you have a favorite genre to write?

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@kaya-young Hi! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

A homeschool grad here. What type of books does Jeff Bridges write?

šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢

Kaya Young
                    @kaya-young

High fives to all of my fellow homeschoolers!

@seekjustice
                      I read all kinds of books, and it would be next to impossible to settle on one genre as my ā€œfavoriteā€. I have a few short stories, an article, and a book that I started to writeā€¦ I live in the midwest, surrounded by trees, cows and rolling hills. Our puppy is an Australian Shepherd, and Americans commonly call them Aussies, even though they arenā€™t even from Australia!

@rochellaine
                      yes, salutations is fromĀ Charlotteā€™sĀ Web, and yes, I do like the book better than the movie. šŸ˜‰

@clairec
                      Iā€™m from the best part of the southern midwestā€¦ If thatā€™s a thing.

@aratrea
                      Where do I start? I enjoy many different authors, but here are a few that I can think of off the top of my head as favorites: C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Elizabeth George Speare, Karen Cushman and Grace Lin.

@ingridrd
                      Nope, I donā€™t have a favorite genre to write.

@daeus
                      Jeff Wheeler writes a-ma-zing fantasy. I would highly recommend anyone to read them!

Ā 

Ā 

The fledgling Artist
                      @notawriter
                        • Total Posts: 328

Welcome @kaya-young ! Hope you feel right at home here šŸ˜‰
                        Do you have any writing projects at the moment? Also I really like your profile picture! Did you draw it?

and I was so confused

Kaya Young
                        @kaya-young

@notawriter Thank you! I have started writing a book, and although I know roughly how I want the story to go, and I have a bunch of ideas for it, Iā€™ve not gotten very far into it. I also am working on an article I would like to send in to a homeschooling magazine, and I also have a few short stories that I have started. I really wish I could tell you that I drew my profile picture butā€¦Iā€¦Uhhh- kindaĀ stole it off of pinterestā€¦

you all are super welcoming! This may very well be the only place on the internet where multiple people give their opinions respectfully and donā€™t fight. I find that one of the most welcoming things of all!

MNValentine
                          @mnvalentine
                            • Total Posts: 123

@kaya-young Hi and welcome to the forum!! I was also homeschooled šŸ™‚ Iā€™ve heard of some of Jeff Wheelerā€™s books, but Iā€™ve never read any of them. Maybe I should šŸ˜€

What was the last book you read and did you like it?

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine
                              • Total Posts: 3322

@kaya-young I actually havenā€™t seen the movie, but Iā€™m sure if I did Iā€™d like the book better.Ā  I have a standard rule which usually is correct, that if the book was written first, itā€™s better than the movie, and if the movie was made first, itā€™s better than the book. šŸ™‚Ā  However, once I found out that in the movie Charlotte was voiced by Debbie Reynolds, I thought Iā€™d like to take a look at some of the songs.Ā  Most people now know Debbie Reynolds as Carrie Fisherā€™s mother, but I know Carrie Fisher as Debbie Reynoldsā€™ daughter. šŸ™‚Ā  Iā€™m very into history.Ā  How about you?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Josiah DeGraaf
                              @aratrea
                                • Total Posts: 717

@kaya-young Nice list! Austen is one of my all-time favorites.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

LivGiordano
                                @livgiordano
                                  • Total Posts: 86

Welcome! @kaya-young Ooh, some of your favorite authors are mine as well. I love Elizabeth George Speare and CS Lewis.

I really love your name. Itā€™s so pretty.

Whatā€™s your favorite color?

Have you read the Ilyon Chronicles, or Lord of the Rings? Theyā€™re both really good. Ohh, and how about Chuck Black? If youā€™re a fantasy fan, I think you would love all of those. *just realizes that I loaded you with a bunch of book recommendations* Feel free to disregard them, if youā€™re not interested! I just had to share. šŸ˜‰

Ā 

www.livforhim.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >