@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic I don't know what I'm asking… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
- The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson
- Calico Captive and The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank (non-fiction)
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
(You do know that BlueJay is gone for now……….)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I don't know what I'm asking… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm H. Rider Haggard wrote some amazing books with plenty of intrigue. I’ve read a couple of his historical fiction ones, but I believe he wrote some fantasy as well.
-
Snapper replied to the topic I don't know what I'm asking… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm The Ascendance Trilogy by Nielsen.
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @dekreel Hmm… do you like these? Honestly, I’m not sure how well they turned out… all of the faces look to oval-like and the hands look weird.


-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m not entirely sure about the drawing tablet; they tend to be quite expensive (the one I’m looking at is about $100), but it would be an interesting investment and it would make shading a lot easier.
Chibis are adorable and fun to draw.
Umm, okay. I just finished transferring The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan D…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson WOAH! *falls out of chair* Now I’m intrigued: can you post Firemaster sometime? That art is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Â What specific manga style do you draw? (i.e. shoujo, shonen, bishie, etc.)
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd @pickupyourpenandwrite @salome01w4g @seekjustice
Thank you so much guys! Today was the best day I’ve had at school all year because I didn’t feel alone at all. It was a really good feeling. 😉
The book looks awesome! I actually got a Thriftbooks gift card for Christmas that I haven’t used yet, and it’s really cheap on there.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I’ve got a little bit of clarification to do. 🙂 Mostly because I took a lot of time off from writing for finals last month, and am just getting back into it, so I had kind of forgotten a couple of the plans I had made for this book. Therefore, when I wrote the synopsis I missed a few things.
@seekjustice and @jenwriter17 This is not a h…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I definitely relate. I’m a year younger than almost all of my friends, and one by one they’ve all just disappeared from my life. One of my best friends has left school and is working almost full time, so I hardly ever see her. She used to come to the same church as me, but left when a whole lot of not-great stuff was happening, so I…[Read more]
-
Hannah replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh girl I feel you. The lonileness and feeling of fragile faith are hard.
With my families move I have been thrown into a lot of isolation and I’ve been in a placr of having to “walk by faith and not by sight”.
My faith has grown through the struggle of fimiliar things being taken from my grasp, yet it does feel fragile. @daeus ‘s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Haha yes. 😀
Saying I ride is probably a stretch. I used to ride a lot and my family own two standardbreds and two shetlands. My horse often has hoof problems, and our other horse  is not trained, so I only ride when I visit a friend with a horse.
My favourite breeds…I like standardbreds, Percherons, Dartmoors, and Aussie…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel if you name a character Peri, I think Dot would be a cute last name. 😀 Maybe its too cheesey for your taste though.
@introvert_girl *coughHailycough*Â
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine I’m going to sign off. Happy writing 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Now you get the idea! 😀
I might pick up my history book later. I don’t know though 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Thank you! 🙂 I’m getting to a fun part right now… X) Ohhh, Daniel…
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson cool 😀 You did a good job making such a intense expression 😉
@jenwriter17 You should try again some time! 😀 Rome wasn’t built in a day you know 😉 I’ve drawn a lot of boys and only recently have they started looking like actual boys haha.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I have an announcement: The KPA is finally underway! I hope…

(don’t judge — I have no idea what movie/show this gif is from…)
I had to rewrite it completely, but I think it will turn out well! I FINALLYFINALLYFINALLY have the plot figured out!!
Unfortunately, since I rewrote it, Number One: The prologue is a dud, and Number Two: I have…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@everyone Wow, what fun! This is a great idea.
I don’t have a lot of funny stories, but…all those times that my mom shuts my laptop down for me and I have a mini heart-attack, hoping that all the tabs about unique baby boy names, synonyms for the word ‘pungent’ and villain pictures on Pinterest are not still open…
Oh and also when I’m w…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Cool! 🙂 I should like to do that, too
It’s going great! Last night a light bulb clicked in my head, and ever since, I have been rewriting it. Over 3000 words so far! I plan to get it done by February and maybe post it in March. I am so excited about it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson Looks cool! I love the eyes 🙂
- Load More
