@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Very clever 😉 I actually just changed my profile picture, so it’s good you looked me up when you did. 😉
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Very clever 😉 I actually just changed my profile picture, so it’s good you looked me up when you did. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much! Looking it up right now…
Okay, bye! Have fun! (But sometimes it’s fun to be antisocial! 🙂 If you get to write instead.)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Anyway, I need to make myself scarce because it’s time to go to youth group. And apparently it’s asocial to work on writing whilst hanging out with one’s peers 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I suppose so. I could be known as the author who kills characters badly. that would be a bad reputation.
Hmm…good question. I don’t know a lot of guys either, but the ones I do know are super nice, not perfect but nice. There are plenty of flaws that adults have too. he might be too quick to judge someone, or he speaks without…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice The only things I have done with guy characters before was I gave one of them an anger problem which I didn’t fully develop because he was taking care of his sister for most of the book and didn’t have time to be angry himself, and the other guy was just thoughtless about the feelings of others for a little while when he was enjoying himself.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Well, there are worse things to be known for. 😀
How do you make a guy character? I’m having trouble with Derek because I know people will get annoyed if he’s perfect, and he actually isn’t because I’m planning for him to have a big argument with someone sometime in the book – though the argument isn’t entirely his fault – but to m…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Phew! Crisis averted ;P
It seems I’m becoming known as the author who does a really good job killing characters. I assume that’s a good thing to be known for. Right?? But, if you cry a lot over a character’s death, at least in my opinion, it means the character was very well written and you loved them very much, so it’s a sign of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice You have chosen wisely.
But you do such a good job killing your characters that if you did end up doing so, I would probably be cry for a really long time (which I did while reading Stars Fill Infinity) and then give up and say, “Yeah, it’s probably better that way.”
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well the fangirls have spoken. I think it would break my heart anyway, if I killed him. He’s too sweet, he deserves to live and be happy…well, as happy as he can be without Sapphire. *evil smile*
I have heeded your warning. I will not lay a finger on his life.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice *screams* Don’t you dare! If you even lay a finger on him I will physically unphysicalize myself and enter your imagination zone to wrest him from your clutches!
And you had better take my warning seriously. As Colonel Nobody would say, “I never threaten, I warn. If my warning is unheeded, I act.” *glowers*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay cool! I really enjoy doing character charts (I’ve written two today), and I find them super helpful. My poor brain can’t be expected to remember everything by itself. And they definitely do help with getting to know your characters better.
Aw, thank you. I love Quillon too. He’s definitely one of my favourite characters and I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice By the way, I adore Quillon, and am very happy he’s still around.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, my brain is still frozen, so I just randomly decided to do a character chart for my main male character. I haven’t really met him yet, so I think I need to get to know him a little better. 🙂 Hopefully it goes well, as it will be only the second character chart I have ever attempted!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That’s what I usually do when I get stuck on a scene, I just write a brief explanation of what happened, and then I move on. I can usually write the scene much better if I come back to it a few days later.
I don’t remember that particular part of Anne of Green Gables, but definitely! No non-writer will ever understand the struggle!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I have a scene I want to do, but I have to start out the scene – you know, explain what’s going on, and stuff like that. I just can’t figure out how to start it out, even though the next parts will be easy and fun.
I think I’m going to just write the scene starting in the middle, and then go back and connect it later.
When I first…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I know! I used to say that I hated love triangles, but then I realised that I actually quite like love triangles and it’s only when they’re badly done that I really hate them.
Urgh, that’s no good. What’s up with it?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, my horrible western that won’t do what I want it to do. 🙁
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Love triangles are amazing, but horribly heartbreaking, because I always end up wishing the one who wasn’t satisfied had been the one to get the girl/guy. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Lovely! Working on your western?
- Load More
