Writers' Corner #12

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #12

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 723 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice 🙂

When I read in your post that your friend had begged you to get Chessy and Justice together I cringed a bit, because I’m not sure whether I really ship that pairing. 🙂

One reason for that is possibly because she obviously chases him the whole way through and I don’t think that’s ladylike – but then, neither is fighting battles, right? 😀

But when I read farther down and you gave her a second “love interest” in his cousin, I felt better, because then I can feel sorry for Justice, and wish she can get back with him.

I always ship the sidekick or the underdog for some reason with the girl, rather than the hero.  So if your sequel turns out like I think it is going to, I’m going to get a headache from trying to figure out if I like Justice or his cousin better. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I’ve always been in two minds about whether or not they should be together. Originally, I had yes, in the last chapter. and then I changed my mind, preferring no, so I changed the last chapter, but then my reader was sad that I’d changed it…

I still am not completely decided.

Justice’s cousin is a bit of a rogue, but in my opinion he has a very good character arc and ends up very likable by the end. We’ll I guess that would make it a well done love triangle, wouldn’t it?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yes, I’ll be here for a little while longer.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Lovely! Working on your western?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Love triangles are amazing, but horribly heartbreaking, because I always end up wishing the one who wasn’t satisfied had been the one to get the girl/guy. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yes, my horrible western that won’t do what I want it to do. 🙁

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I know! I used to say that I hated love triangles, but then I realised that I actually quite like love triangles and it’s only when they’re badly done that I really hate them.

Urgh, that’s no good. What’s up with it?

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice I have a scene I want to do, but I have to start out the scene – you know, explain what’s going on, and stuff like that.  I just can’t figure out how to start it out, even though the next parts will be easy and fun.

I think I’m going to just write the scene starting in the middle, and then go back and connect it later.

When I first read Anne of Green Gables I laughed at her complaining that her characters were not doing what she told them to do, but now that I write my own stories I no longer laugh – I sigh. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

That’s what I usually do when I get stuck on a scene, I just write a brief explanation of what happened, and then I move on. I can usually write the scene much better if I come back to it a few days later.

I don’t remember that particular part of Anne of Green Gables, but definitely! No non-writer will ever understand the struggle!

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Okay, my brain is still frozen, so I just randomly decided to do a character chart for my main male character.  I haven’t really met him yet, so I think I need to get to know him a little better. 🙂  Hopefully it goes well, as it will be only the second character chart I have ever attempted!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice By the way, I adore Quillon, and am very happy he’s still around.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Okay cool! I really enjoy doing character charts (I’ve written two today), and I find them super helpful. My poor brain can’t be expected to remember everything by itself. And they definitely do help with getting to know your characters better.

Aw, thank you. I love Quillon too. He’s definitely one of my favourite characters and I briefly considered killing him, and then decided that I was psychopath.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice *screams* Don’t you dare!  If you even lay a finger on him I will physically unphysicalize myself and enter your imagination zone to wrest him from your clutches!

And you had better take my warning seriously.  As Colonel Nobody would say, “I never threaten, I warn.  If my warning is unheeded, I act.” *glowers*

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Well the fangirls have spoken. I think it would break my heart anyway, if I killed him. He’s too sweet, he deserves to live and be happy…well, as happy as he can be without Sapphire. *evil smile*

I have heeded your warning. I will not lay a finger on his life.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice You have chosen wisely.

But you do such a good job killing your characters that if you did end up doing so, I would probably be cry for a really long time (which I did while reading Stars Fill Infinity) and then give up and say, “Yeah, it’s probably better that way.”

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 723 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >