@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Okayyy, that sounds interesting. I’m a real stickler for historical accuracy, but not so much historical events as culture. I will freak out if someone wears a 1947 dress in 1943, or talks about an actress whose first movie was released six months later than the time in which the book was set, but if you want to add a few historical e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Yes! Everyone is so into fantasy now it seems all other genres are forgotten for young people!
I have read a little fantasy. I liked the Chuck Black Kingdom and Knights series okay a couple of years ago, and I love the Frank Peretti Cooper Kids series (which is only semi-fantasy). Other than that, though I mostly read histori…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *blinks* Whoa, you’re right.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a KaPeeFer (KeePer) when you paid attention to the etymology of the words KeePer and KaPeeFer and decide you are both a Kingdom Penner and a Kingdom Pen Fan. (Yes, there is a difference.)
You know you’re a KaPeeFer when you try to sneaky-sneak other KaPeeFers into your books. (Yes, I have a dragon named Snapper. And catwings. And…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Yeah, I have a feeling I would be a sweet, well-meaning character who unintentionally ruins everyone’s plans because I would deal with things in a real-world way. 😀 That would be very annoying for fantasy believers, and could really mess up the cliched plot for them. *snickers*
I don’t know…if you act enough like a person I might f…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Yes I agree! But what if they had the same goals, but different opinions on how to accomplish them? *Shrug* 🙂
And yeah im in the USA haha. Good good.
Having them get together for the end will make your ending more satisfying. *cackles* 😀 -
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Hmm…. *smirks* I like that! It’s unique!
… Wait, so how do you feel about me? Please don’t make me disappear! *prepares to hide under table*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Have you noticed how not-into fantasy I am? I think if I was in a KPA I would probably be the person who instead of wanting to go on the quest would try to call the police. Or if someone had a cute imaginary creature for a pet I would say something like “That’s not a real animal” and poof! the creature would disappear because I di…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Absolutely! *whips out character notes* What’s your suggestion?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Oh good! 😀 May I make a suggestion?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Okay I’m back, but only for about twenty more minutes XD
The KPA is actually going to be a whole series of holiday-themed stories. So if you aren’t in this one, you will undoubtedly be in another one. And don’t worry — I won’t make you a creature 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Bye! I’ll probably still be here for a while, so I might be here when you get back.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Ahh, I gotta go! Sorry I couldn’t stay longer! I shall return later!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *Slowly peeks out from under eyelashes* Am I going to be in the story?
I don’t really care one way or another if I’m in it, so don’t put me in if you weren’t planning to. 😀 I just want to make sure I’m not some weird creature, because I have noticed you are prone to doing that, and I don’t think I would like it… 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Exactly! And it’s working out!
Cool! BTW I read what you had on the doc, and I really liked it!
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths Yeah profiles are soo hard! This makes me want to practice those now…Â *ponders*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel A vague idea is better than nothing! 😀
I’m working on my western again. Kind of a little outlining, which I don’t normally do fully, but I’m a little confused as to how the story is going to work out, so I’m trying to give myself at least a plot to work with…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter That should be the new KaPeeFer motto: “Just a tag away!” 😀
Okay, conflicting goals: I think I could do different, but parallel goals, but not conflicting goals. I think if they had conflicting goals there is no reason they should even consider being together. If I met a guy who was a missionary or a doctor I would immediately th…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Hi!
Yep, KPA again. I want to get it done by March, so I’ve been working at it a lot
At least I have an idea, a vague one albeit, of what’s going to happen!
What are you working on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, @dekreel, I’m here. KPA again?
- Load More
