@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *geeks out at the sight of salute emoji* 83
-
Joy started the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
Greetings, my fellow Kapeefers! I have two questions:
- What exactly is a motif? And what is the difference between a motif and a theme or symbol?
- What is the difference between a symbol and an archetype?
@princessfoo @jane-maree @daeus @sam-kowal @rochellaine @skredder @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @anyone
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Well, there is a Vulcan salute emoji, but it’s only for phones, I think. It looks like this:
 (Found in Google images.)@notawriter 😀 Why? Because your mother finds him attractive, or because she would think it weird that you have opinions on whether guys are attractive? (My mom just thinks it’s funny when I do, 🙂 though my you…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine HAHA! Ehem, Yeah I agree. I don’t find him to be very attractive. Though my mother would give me an interesting look if I said that in her presence. 😉
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@joisebeth
Cool! Ive heard alot about K.M Weiland. Her instructional books are amazing! (My sister @introvert_girl loves them a lot) Though I don’t have a clue what her actual fiction books are about haha. Do you have a favorite by her? 😀And ah yes, my username. The simple answer is its true! *kapeefers gasp* I’m not a writer 😉 (I think t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I haven’t watched TNG yet. I might watch it tonight if I’m not busy 😀
@daughteroftheking Which is your favorite series? Mine is TOS. Favorite character? Mine is Spock 😎 *wishes there was an emoji for the Vulcan salute*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy I never read specifically romance books, and I don’t usually like romance subplots in any genre, so yeah, I have a lot of pet peeves. 😛
I don’t know it anyone has said this already, but really, it drives me bonkers when they don’t respect each other. Like, they see their partner talking with someone else, and IMMEDIATELY they think…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking *welcomes you because I could talk about Star Trek all day* Actually, my brother’s the Trekker in the family, but because he likes it so much I’ve been exposed to it and like it too. My favorite series is Voyager, but my favorite character is Worf from TNG, so yes, I like it. Captain Picard is really cool, and he’s Brit…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Wow! I like her already. 😀
@rochellaine *invites self into Star Trek conversation* ;P Do you like TNG? (Have we already had this conversation? Sorry, my brain is really fuzzy right now. 😛 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Actually, you’re right. Chara’s hair is straighter. As I told @kaya-young, that’s kind of what she looks like when she’s dressed up. 🙂 (She actually looks kind of like me, and if you look at my hair in my profile pic you’ll see it’s straight, but I can tell you that it’s really easy to curl, and I can get my hair to look similar t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I’m glad you figured out what I meant.
I had that same problem recently… 😀 I’ve found that line breakers really help when I want to suddenly change thoughts.
The added section at the ending is perfect! It makes a lot more sense now.
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999 Hey! Another person (besides me) who has read Ranger’s Apprentice!!!!!! (Sorry, it’s a really good series in my opinion.)
Oh…um…sorry, that was totally off-topic for this forum.
@skredder I like it! So is this a part of a story, or a stand alone one?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Hmm I actually pictured Chara with straight hair, though the color is pretty close 😀 I also pictured her looking a tad younger?(Actually maybe the makeup is whats throwing me off) *shrug*
Wow Uncle Bill looks nothing how I pictured him but I like him here a lot better haha.
These are cool! They make me wanna read the book! 😀 -
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I am actually planning on making a whole series of holiday-themed KPAs. So if you aren’t in this one, then you will undoubtedly be in another one!
But you did originally sign up for it, if that’s what you mean! You were the first one, in fact…
The one I’m doing right now is Easter-themed
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Yes, that’s the one I was talking about. At the beginning and at the end they show that Steve crashed in the Arctic and was frozen for 70 years, effectively time-traveling to the present day, because he did not grow older those seventy years in between, and remembered nothing of it.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong That was a really long list – and I have many more recommendations I could give you! But please let me know if you like any of these, as I’d love to hear that someone else enjoys the same books I do – since most people have never heard of most of those books. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Okayyy, but isn’t The Enchanted Barn “just living”?
So, here we go:
Western:Â William MacLeod Raine, B. M. Bower, and Zane Grey are my favorite authors in this category.
Romance: G.L. Hill, you know…Definitely read Marcia Schuyler and The Strange Proposal. Rosa Nouchette Carey wrote some pretty deep romances, but they get v…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jessi-rae I thought the same thing! JOIN THE FORUMS PLZZZZ!!!!
And the explaining….*earth-shaking groan*….If I offhandedly mention my book in public, and someone says, “Oh cool! What’s it about?” I have a scripted response to prevent complete rambling.
“It’s a fantasy book, and it’s got dragons and stuff.”
No one really asks any questions…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17, Well, Jared is Edd “Kookie” Byrnes, who is a pretty well-known icon of 1950s “beatnik” culture, so it’s possible you’ve seen his picture somewhere. He’s from 77 Sunset Strip, like Derek (Roger Smith).
- Load More
