Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 905 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

Oh, and @kaya-young I am thinking of naming my book something like “Winds of the West,” or “Growing Winds,” so yes, it’s referring to when he caught Chara, but in a more general way.  You’ll notice I mentioned the “winds” in the very first collage as well.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine *wishes she recognized him* It looks like William Shatner, but then again all 1950s-60s actors look like William Shatner to me XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@dekreel *fumes* How dare she say every actor looks like William Shatner?!! Shatner’s barely even handsome!  There was as great a diversity among men in the 50s/60s as there is now!

😀 haha.  I know for people who don’t make a study of the 50s/60s like I do won’t have as easy a time differentiating faces.  He’s actually Roger Smith from the show 77 Sunset Strip.  He plays Jeff Spencer, a private detective – and he can SING! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
          @dekreel

@rochellaine  *backs off* Ah, heheh… Yeah, silly thing really…

Yeah, sorry, I’ve never heard of him. *scratches head* But Jeff Spencer sounds a little familiar…

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@dekreel, well the episodes are on dailymotion.com, if you’re interested.  It’s a detective show, so there’s action and spy stuff, and there are funny parts, too.  I know you don’t like one-episode romances, and there’s some of that, but I know there are some episodes without it.  Kind of like Star Trek, you know?

Speaking of Star Trek, have you watched TNG yet?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17
                • Total Posts: 2522

@kaya-young thanks! I really like short names and Rin seemed to fit her personality really well

@rochellaine
                nice collages! I tried really hard to recognize some of the faces. but, alas, I don’t think I know them. I almost thought Jared looked familiar…..

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@jenwriter17, Well, Jared is Edd “Kookie” Byrnes, who is a pretty well-known icon of 1950s “beatnik” culture, so it’s possible you’ve seen his picture somewhere.  He’s from 77 Sunset Strip, like Derek (Roger Smith).

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                  @kaya-young
                    • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaine  I picture her with black hair, light eyes and very petite features. I’m not sure if You actually wrote her that way or I’m just making stuff up in my head… 😉

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                    http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

The fledgling Artist
                    @notawriter
                      • Total Posts: 328

@rochellaine Hmm I actually pictured Chara with straight hair, though the color is pretty close 😀 I also pictured her looking a tad younger?(Actually maybe the makeup is whats throwing me off) *shrug*
                      Wow Uncle Bill looks nothing how I pictured him but I like him here a lot better haha.
                      These are cool! They make me wanna read the book! 😀

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@notawriter Actually, you’re right.  Chara’s hair is straighter.  As I told @kaya-young, that’s kind of what she looks like when she’s dressed up. 🙂 (She actually looks kind of like me, and if you look at my hair in my profile pic you’ll see it’s straight, but I can tell you that it’s really easy to curl, and I can get my hair to look similar to the “Chara” picture.)

Oh, she looks too old?  Haha, she looks really young to me because I’m used to looking at people from the 40s/50s.  I guess you’re right that nowadays wearing makeup makes you look older, but the pictures I used to make her were of a 16yr old and a 19/20yr old.  😀  So by 1950s standards she looks about 18 or 19.  It’s really her height in the book that makes her look younger, not her features.

Ohhh, you like Uncle Bill! Hooray!  I think Howard Keel(picture I used) was one of the few men who could pull off the 70s look. (I actually believe Harrison Ford to be borderline ugly…)  Right now my favorite is Raelyn, though.  I can’t wait to meet her!  I think we’ll have fun together. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
                        @daughteroftheking
                          • Total Posts: 1156

@jenwriter17 Wow! I like her already. 😀

@rochellaine
                          *invites self into Star Trek conversation* ;P Do you like TNG? (Have we already had this conversation? Sorry, my brain is really fuzzy right now. 😛 )

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@daughteroftheking *welcomes you because I could talk about Star Trek all day* Actually, my brother’s the Trekker in the family, but because he likes it so much I’ve been exposed to it and like it too.  My favorite series is Voyager, but my favorite character is Worf from TNG, so yes, I like it.  Captain Picard is really cool, and he’s British, so I keep asking @dekreel (who likes British accents) if she’s watched it yet, but she hasn’t answered me… 😀

What’s your favorite series and character?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                            @dekreel

@rochellaine  I haven’t watched TNG yet. I might watch it tonight if I’m not busy 😀

@daughteroftheking
                                Which is your favorite series? Mine is TOS. Favorite character? Mine is Spock 😎 *wishes there was an emoji for the Vulcan salute*

The fledgling Artist
                              @notawriter
                                • Total Posts: 328

@rochellaine HAHA! Ehem, Yeah I agree. I don’t find him to be very attractive. Though my mother would give me an interesting look if I said that in her presence. 😉

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@dekreel Well, there is a Vulcan salute emoji, but it’s only for phones, I think.  It looks like this: (Found in Google images.)

@notawriter
                                  😀 Why?  Because your mother finds him attractive, or because she would think it weird that you have opinions on whether guys are attractive?  (My mom just thinks it’s funny when I do, 🙂 though my younger sister definitely thinks it’s weird.)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 905 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >