@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Probably not tomorrow, but I should be available on the weekend
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @clairec @dragon-snapper @jenwriter17 @aislinn-mollisong
*peeks in*Â Anyone still here?
-
Joy replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Good topic idea! Let’s see…. The most recent thing I can think of is Shakespeare’s play, Richard III. I haven’t read Act 5, though, so no spoilers X)
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks! I play around with Sindarin from LOTR and Norwegian to come up with random stuff. 😀
Ualair is pronounced *looks at Google Doc where pronunciation guide is* *looks back at KP* (Yew-AH-lair Fehn-CAR-yin)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Whoops! Wrong tag. @warrenluther04
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@warrenluthor04 WOW! Those are amazing names! I’m afraid I can’t pronounce Ualair, though. Is it pronounced like a Hawaiian name? Or a European name? Or is the pronunciation entirely original? 😀
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I like making names, but I’m kind of late. Here’s a couple of names that I’ve been using in a short story I’ve been working on:
Ualair Fencaryn
Saelethil Fencaryn
(Don’t judge please, they are Alf [elf] names… 🙃🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice @jenwriter17 @kaya-young @ingridrd @notawriter @dekreel
So, I think I’m going with Oliver, since it has the majority. I still haven’t decided on a title for the book yet, but will probably go with Blueberria, Blueberries for Oliver, or A Ticket to Blueberria.
However, I tried to edit the name into the book but couldn’t figure out…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Oopssss…
@ariella-newheart Page 31, not page 37
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Norse Mythology Short Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Yes, I imagined that that would happen. That was actually mostly just me jotting (well, typing…) my ideas down. Basically, after Ualair returns to Alfheim, Loki and Laufey will start Ragnarok: the death of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms. The Aesir, or the Viking gods, will perish, along with the Jotuns, Vanir (the gods of…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
😀 Believe it or not, I’ve thought the same thing on occasions. So many of our everyday phrases make no actual sense!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Awww, thanks. 😀 I can’t wait!
Inner logician: Well actually, that phrase never made sense to me, because obviously the person saying it will be forced to wait, and therefore can wait. If I truly couldn’t wait it would be necessary for me to die before the time to read your book came upon us. The phrase “I can’t wait” should only…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Oh, we’ve worried about the same thing! We have thousands of books in our library, many of which were birthday and Christmas gifts for various of our thirteen siblings. Now that five of us are marrying age( 😀 ) we have kind of reached an agreement with our anxious younger siblings that any books gotten while at home stay with our p…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I think you might have actually (or it was @jenwriter17 I’m not sure). I really enjoyed writing him, especially the scenes with him and Chessy. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper No worries! bye!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I am a gracious person, so you may.
I’m hoping to have finished this draft by the end of Feb, and then I’ll be looking for a few beta readers before I go onto the third draft.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper 🙂 yeah. That’s also why we don’t use our real names, right? 😀 I understand. Talk to you later!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine XD Yep! It’s quite amusing, although I have a strange case of internet paranoia, so I probably won’t confess anything. 😉 😛 If you know what I mean…
@seekjustice No, thanks for rambling. That is actually really helpful!
And I think I’m going to sign out now. I wrote 797 to my novel, and a beginning of a blog post. Now… I have…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine XD Yep! It’s quite amusing, although I have a strange case of internet paranoia, so I probably won’t confess anything. 😉 😛 If you know what I mean…
@seekjustice No, thanks for rambling. That is actually really helpful!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Please let me read the story once you’re done? *puppy face*
@dragon-snapper have you seen my Valentine’s themed topic?
- Load More
