@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing It’s so nice to find someone who believes that witchcraft is wrong!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing Oh, IÂ remember the war!
Well, at least that there was going to be a war. 😀
Do you remember my time travel book at all, or has it been too long? (It’s okay if you don’t, I’m just wondering.)
I’m here working on my western! @ariella-newheart Hi!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@livgiordano You’re torturing me!!!!
They should make the giving of spoilers a violation of the forum rules. It causes too much trauma.
😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Looks much better now! The sentence you used as an explanation for Casse does it’s duty, but is a bit ungrammatical…And I missed one of the POV changes which can be fixed if you just change two words.
If you check the document one more time you’ll see a couple of new comments. Other than those, I think it’s great! Can’t wait to re…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Actually, after reading everyone else’s answers I want to clarify. I already have self-published seven books and am in the process of publishing another. I have very good reviews from several of the many purchasers of my first six books. (I’ve sold over a hundred books.) So, though as @clairec said, writing is more of a hobby for me th…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Yes, I do want to make a difference on the culture with my writing, not only on the secular publishing market, but on the Christian one as well, because I rarely enjoy anything I read in either of those (though there are novels I do love in both).
I feel my ultimate calling by God, is, like @kaya-young to become a missionary, however, I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@Ariella-newheart Oh yes, I have a whole book from Creation Ministries about how dinosaurs could have inspired dragons, and I’m obsessed with dragons and dinosaurs, so it was really interesting.
Oh, and the weather is very cosy thank you. Perfect for curling up in the green grass and
smoking a pipeÂand reading a book and “good-morning-ing” Ga…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@livgiordano OH NO!!!! I haven’t finished the last book yet!!! Is that a spoiler? *screams* *bursts into tears* What am I going to do if Edmund dies? Please tell me that doesn’t happen!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, @skredder I’ve made a few comments indicating where you changed POVs.
I have a couple more comments to make. One is that you usually capitalize “Prince” even when you’re not using it as a noun but as an adjective. The only time I’ve seen “prince” capitalized except as a name like “Prince John” is when the writer is speaking about the “…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Yes, it works! I’ll make a few comments.
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine YAY! That is true, free stories are awesome!
Okay, that would be great too!
Okay, thanks for the advice! (Info? Instructions? :D)
Okay. (Wow. I say that too much…) 🙂
Thanks!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye That last one is definitely me haha! I’m lucky the college I’ll be going to has a creative writing major.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g Praying! What time zone are you meaning when you say 5 pm?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-anson Wow! Those names are really cool! I especially like the names Laria and Efren.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@warrenluther04 There are a lot of people here (including myself) who jump at the chance to beta-read. Part of that reason is we all love the chance to read a free story! 🙂
Since I rarely read fantasy and am quite uncomfortable with magic, I might instead just tag people to read your story, but you’ll definitely be able to find several willing…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder There are a couple places where it’s better, but there’s still quite a bit of “head-hopping” going on. Sorry. 🙂 Would you be able to post it in an “edit” link so that I could comment on the places where it changes POV? That would be a lot easier than trying to explain it all here on the forum.
Oh, I just want to say that reading ab…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g No big brothers? Aww. I’ve got three, and my oldest brother is just as protective and caring as Dev! Do you have any siblings at all?
I felt really cheated at the end of the fifth book when we didn’t get the scene where Tully told Mikkel he actually wasn’t marrying Bree. Mikkel must have been so relieved!
I liked the twins pre…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Absolutely. One of my goals is to become published. And I am vigorously trying to get contracted before college.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
…Oh, I see why you didn’t tag me. It’s because I said it wasn’t the most important thing to me, and so the second question doesn’t really apply. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye I actually like the lighter side of The Flash – reason for why I don’t like the third season. 😀 But I’ve heard of at least two evil speedsters doing the hand-vibration-murder thing. What I like about The Flash is the swagger of the hero, the closeness of the team, and the jokes and “right is might” message.
I like a lot of the old…[Read more]
- Load More
