Hiya KeePers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya KeePers!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@ashlyvye I actually like the lighter side of The Flash – reason for why I don’t like the third season. 😀  But I’ve heard of at least two evil speedsters doing the hand-vibration-murder thing.  What I like about The Flash is the swagger of the hero, the closeness of the team, and the jokes and “right is might” message.

I like a lot of the old westerns with Roy Rogers and Dale Robertson, though I can barely stand John Wayne.  I also enjoy musicals, dramas, and rom-coms from the 40s and 50s.  Right now my favorite TV show is 77 Sunset Strip from 1958 to the mid 60s.  It’s about two private detectives.  Do you watch any of the old stuff? (Pre 1970.)

What version of Star Trek have you seen?  There are six different series with varying levels of how good they were as well as fourteen movies in three different series and two different timelines and then an animated series and a fan-made series.  So…what I’m trying to say is you might have just had bad luck with what you watched. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Bella B.
      @ashlyvye
        • Total Posts: 96

@rochellaine      No, I don’t tend to watch much from before 1970 (or 1990,) but there are a few things I want to see from then.

I haven’t actually seen any of the Star Trek things, I’ve just heard some things about it.  Plus, the one thing I reeeaaalllyy don’t like, in any movie or book, is when it takes place in space.  I find that really annoying for some reason, sorry.  I also don’t like things that take place far into the future (meaning more than 500 years,) so, yeah.  *half grins and shrinks slightly*

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Bella B.
        @ashlyvye

@skredder       Yeah.  Quoting my friend: “When you plan nothing out it lets your creativity flow more” My answer: “Yep, that makes sense.  That, or you’re just so extremely excited to start writing you get halfway through the book and realize you actually need something to go off of.

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye

Plus, the one thing I reeeaaalllyy don’t like, in any movie or book, is when it takes place in space. I find that really annoying for some reason, sorry. I also don’t like things that take place far into the future (meaning more than 500 years,) so, yeah.

I guess I shouldn’t ask if you like Dr Who then… 8-/

You can pronounce it however you want.

Bella B.
            @ashlyvye

@notawriter      You have cats?!?!  I looooovvve cats!  What do they look like?

Bella B.
              @ashlyvye

@that_writer_girl_99    I’m sorry, I think yesterday when I sent this reply to you my computer malfunctioned or something…

Gryffindor is AWESOME.  [if you haven’t read Cursed Child yet this is a spoiler sorta]  Slytherin did get Harry’s kid though so I guess there is an exception for Slytherin [spoiler’s over] plus, my best friend (two of my besties, actually) are Slytherin, and I’ve been told I was Slytherin by two or three people, so… hmm.  :|\

Thunder is a really fun one!  I love the beat to that one, but I think Believer or Warriors is my favorite. (Believer is great but I don’t like how the main chorus takes so long, and Warriors is amazing but I’ve already learned all the lyrics so it’s never as interesting)

Bella B.
                @ashlyvye

@dekreel        Yeah… No.  I’ve heard of Dr. Who but haven’t watched it.  Let’s see… Who’re your favorite authors?

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye Yep! Five cats.. The momma cat is Bella and shes a beautiful black Norwegian Forest Cat (at least that’s what we think she is.. We don’t really know since she adopted us) with bright green eyes.. long fur.. and a very round belly xD Her four kittens (not kittens anymore..) Stella, Twila, Harry, and Mouse are all mutt cats so i’m not sure how to describe them. Harry and Twila are long haired (Twila is a Calico) and the other two are short haired. Wow that was probably a longer description then you were expecting.

and I was so confused

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99
                      • Total Posts: 1819

@ashlyvye Never fear, I read the Cursed Child the day it came out in the US, and I was very happy with how it played out (pun intended).

Don’t get me wrong–I like Gryffindor, they’re just a bit…irritating. I don’t like how the books are catered to their house, but that might just be the Slytherin in me talking…

I like how you used the percentages in your original post. I’m mostly Slytherin, but I’ve got some Ravenclaw in me too! Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are nonexistent in my personality, I suppose.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

@ashlyvye I don’t know how I managed to miss you until now, but welcome! Just so you know, there are a handful of Brandon Sanderson fans on here, myself included. 😉

You should definitely read The Lord Of The Rings. I admit, parts of it can be a slow read, but it gives you a deeper look at the characters. Also, I believe the meaning behind the book was partially lost in the movie renditions. It’s a pity you didn’t read the books before the movies.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Bella B.
                        @ashlyvye

@notawriter     Bella?  My full name is Ashly Bella Juliette Vye!  That’s funny.

Anyway, did you name Twila that because of the book Twilight and her mother being Bella?  Just wondering…

Bella B.
                          @ashlyvye

@that_writer_girl_99    Yeah, I can’t disagree with that.  I was reading a post here on KP that was called something like ‘Is your character cheating her way to victory?’ and in Harry Potter’s case, I think J.K Rowling was cheating the house, Harry Potter, Quidditch, and all those other little things to victory.  I think that may be why I don’t particularly why I want to re-read the books, but the first time I read them they were da’ best.

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

Haha, yep! I read them when I was fifteen, and I was so excited about them that I finished all seven books in a couple of weeks. A month or so later, I went back to read them and discovered they weren’t as good as I’d thought, but I still love the series as a whole.

Combined with the fact that by now, I’ve seen all the movies and been to Harry Potter world in Universal, I’m still in love with the series. I just don’t think J.K Rowling made the best choices when it came to certain plot points. @ashlyvye

Bella B.
                              @ashlyvye

@that_writer_girl_99   Yep.  It makes you wonder how the series got so incredibly popular.  I mean, at the beginning of the book it lists all the languages the series is in, and one is Latin.  Whaaaa?

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

I’d agree with you, but the Twilight books were even more popular, and I really can’t explain that one, so… @ashlyvye

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >