@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal I agree with everything you said…except the last sentence. 😀
Did you read my “rant” in response to the one @supermonkey42 wrote? I like to look up to the heroes in the book I read, so a hero who messed up is realistic, and I will appreciate that, but in the end I want him to solve the problems and be a true hero. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Right. Whatever your own accent is, it’s not an accent. I love the song “Why Can’t the English” from My Fair Lady for that reason. The singer complains that no one speaks English correctly, and that “In America, they haven’t spoken it for years!” 😀
I have one CD of Scottish music which I like a lot, but mostly I just have the sh…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I have to leave you now, and you should probably get to bed! I’ll talk tomorrow if you’re around!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, yes, but I can’t tell that. As far as I’m concerned there is no such thing as an Australian accent. It’s called talking normally 😛
What about the Mull of Kintyre (I think that’s correctly spelt).
I’ve heard Danny Boy, I think, but I’m not sure about the others. Have you ever heard of Daniel O’Donnell?? He’s an Irish singer…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yeah, me neither really. I’d like to sing on stage a few times, but mostly I’m planning to be a mother. 🙂
No accent at all…except an Australian one, of course! 😀
I like Scottish songs such as Land o’ the Leal, Jock o’ Hazeldean, Carls o’ Dysart, and Loch Lomond.
Irish American songs: Danny Boy, (That one’s AMAZING,) T…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I don’t have a future career in either, but I love doing both!
Not really. Sometimes I do, I like Scottish/Irish music, but they don’t usually have lyrics, or at least, the lyrics are hard to understand and more part of the music, like in Riverdance. But sometimes my dad likes to get out all the Scottish songs and he is really…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hahaha! 😀
Yes, it was definitely a lot of fun. I hope to do it again sometime. 🙂 I actually sing much more often than I dance, though.
Do you ever sing Scottish songs? Or songs with other accents? I love singing both Scottish and Irish songs, though that includes Irish-American songs which are technically not Irish, but stil…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, if we’re counting church plays, I have actually been in one, which a member of our church wrote a whole lot of us put on for the community. I was Elsa the Doll (as in Elsa from Frozen), but I only actually had a speaking role because my friend (who would make a really good Elsa as she’s tall, thin and blonde) backed out, so I e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I don’t really use other languages much, but I do randomly insert lines of songs into conversations all the time.
The only ballet I’ve been in was The Nutcracker, which we used to do every Christmas season as a family. We’d convert a room into a stage with curtains along the walls and seats along one side (just enough for five to t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I sometimes talk in German for no particular reason :D.
I don’t think I’ve ever been in a play…nope, I’ve never been in a play. In a lot of ballets though, as a Scottish dancer (don’t question it), The Nutcracker, Arabian Nights, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Coppelia…
It does look very cool, but it’s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Actually, you know what? It’s past midnight now, so it’s technically morning.
Guten Morgan!
*sings* Good morning, good morning! We’ve talked the whole night through/Good morning, good morning to you!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I like to think my acting is pretty good, but then, how would I know? I haven’t been in a real play since I was four years old! I act in front of the mirror all the time, while singing. 😀
Sword dancing is really cool! I think I like Russian dancing best, of all the types of folk dancing, but Scottish might be after that.
Have yo…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It looks so cool! I haven’t actually got around to looking for the original yet, but the Goodman Theatre (I’ve never even heard of Goodman Theatre before) looks awesome. I also saw a school production of Bonnie Jean, but they weren’t highland dancing, I’ve no idea what it was, but it wasn’t highland dancing.
I haven’t listened to…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Goodbye, see you tomorrow! *looks around* Is there an echo in here? 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice *looks up Goodman Theatre version* Oh, wow! It is amazing. It’s been a while since I looked up Brigadoon, so I’ve also been listening to the soundtrack ever since recommending it to you. Robert Goulet did a tv version in the sixties. 🙂 I found that a while ago and have it on my to-watch list but haven’t seen the full thing yet.…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Interesting! I’ve never heard of it though, and it might not be available in Australia.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Okay, that makes sense. 🙂 Thanks for the info! I hadn’t heard about the different kinds of cows, but my mom’s always wondered if we’d be less allergic to non-processed milk. We’ve never been able to try it out, though, since our schedule isn’t regular enough for us to own any milking animals. 🙁
@seekjustice If you are in…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Goodbye, see you tomorrow!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
That’s a very sound argument *nods wisely*
Also, thank you, I am irrevocably in love with Brigadoon and I’ve just been watching snippets from the Goodman Theatre version and my word it’s amazing! And the dancing….I now have a future in musical theatre.
- Load More
