@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Hannah replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Whoops I missed you @seekjustice thanks for the prayers!
-
Hannah replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thank you for the prayers, I have more general peace today. Which is something I’ve been struggling to find for a long time.
Not a writer. Yes I’ll pray I know that same feeling, I’ve dealt with that most of my preteen and all my teen years and it’s so discouraging
Daughter of the king. Praise God…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, goodness! 😀 Haha! Looking at the calendar here I see it’s the 30th, but now I realize that’s because it’s past midnight. So today was really Thursday, and tomorrow will be Good Friday, as you say.
Okay, see you later!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
But I probably won’t be around because we’re going to visit family, so I’ll see you in a few days, maybe 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay goodnight! (It’s actually Good Friday today though 😀 Tomorrow will be Saturday!)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice *copies list into a Word document* 😀 Yup, I’m almost halfway through A Little Bush Maid. It’s very similar to a lot of American books from the same period, and very good.
Hm, okay. My favorite American poet is Edgar A. Guest. He writes in a very down-to-earth style, sort of like Banjo Patterson, I guess, but American, if you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@valtmy Thanks! If you request edit access you can put the edits directly in the comments if you like. But you don’t have to. 🙂
Yes!!! If she had just told Uncle Bill that she couldn’t get to the water he would have told her to break the window. I’m planning to have that discussion later in the book. 😀 Just not right now. Right now she’s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine No worries, I wouldn’t expect you to know much about Eureka either. It was pretty bad. A whole lot of miners started a revolt and people got shot.
I believe Ken Ham was one an early member of Creation ministries, but there was some sort of dispute and he went and founded Answers in Genesis in America. I actually just looked on…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m sorry, but just as you’ve next to no knowledge of American history, I’d never heard of your Eureka flag. 😀 I just looked it up, so I see what it is now. Looks like we’ll have to trade histories! Do you have any books or movies you would recommend that would give a good picture of your history?
I find it funny that Ken Ham…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
There are only so many ways to make a flag, yeah, so I worked with a well known revolutionary flag (the Eureka flag) and the Confederate and Scottish flags, just because I like them 😀
I used to have an Answers In Genesis book but I leant it to someone and haven’t seen it since. Most of my books come from Creation Ministries, which…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, interesting! 😀 Yes, I think I did recognize the similarities when I read your book, but I brushed it off as the simple truth that there aren’t that many different ways you can design a flag, so a lot of flags just happen to be similar. That’s really cool, though!
I’ve found a whole lot of books I’d forgotten I had.<…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Right…Well…it’s interesting I’d never heard of that side of it, I’ve just heard about the slavery issue. I did do a whole lot of research on the Confederate flag once though (Fun fact: Justice’s flag was based on the Confederate and Eureka flags combined with the Scottish flag, that’s why I was researching it).
Yeah, it is…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I’ll try to keep this short…the Civil War started because the Southern states felt the government was becoming too powerful, since the Constitution has a clause which says something like “all other powers are reserved to the States” so the South thought the government was making too many extra laws. One of those laws was…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I have no idea about the Civil War. I know that one of the things they were fighting about was slavery, but I imagine that wasn’t all there was to it. I’ve only not read it because I’m not that interested…but yeah, it’s a classic and I have a list of classics to read this year, and it’s on there. So I’ll hopefully get around to it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fanfiction? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@destiny Yes, I knew that, and I just added the other stuff as a disclaimer of sorts. 😀 I hope the link is a little helpful!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve actually never read The Red Badge of Courage. 😮 😀 That’s partially because I prefer lighter reads to the classics, (you’re much braver than I on that score, 😉 ) and partially because I’m a Southerner. Did you know that there are still people on both sides in America? There are a lot of people who still believe the Conf…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, I thought so, that’s why I didn’t think you’d like it. However, I’ve been having some problems with it so I’ve put it aside for now, I was getting really frustrated with it.
No. Like I’ve said before, I know barely anything about America/American history, and I haven’t read anything about the Civil War. I’ve had Red Badge of C…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochallaine Ah yes! The flying fish! I know that episode. *nods vigorously*
Get into a debate over whether Kirk or Picard is better… great right of initiation for Trekkies. ;P
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yeah, since that uses magic to teach a good lesson, that of compassion, it’s using magic to exemplify a good purpose. And I couldn’t agree with that, so I’ll just stay away from it and read your other stuff. 🙂
My absolute favorite wartime poem is All Quiet Along the Potomac Tonight from the American Civil War. Have you ever read…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh cool!
Well, the way I used magic was…I don’t know…the servants, for example, are cursed to be invisible, because they’d treated an outcast girl as invisible, and they wouldn’t become visible until they’d had to weep for an outcast. That sort of thing. No one in it uses magic for their own ends and has it turn out good.
- Load More
