@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yup, it’s basically just a comical word. 🙂 Oh yeah, Newsies is American. Okay. 😛
Great!
Yes! It’s an amazing musical, made in 1976, so it’s old enough for me, but the style is modern enough that I think you’d like it. The twist on the Cinderella story in this one is that after the prince tries on the slipper and finds the girl…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Nope. the only time I’ve heard that word is in Newsies, but it is a fun word. Though I think it’s slightly too comical for the situation 😀
Actually, I like the term “swells”, it is a bit old-fashioned, but I think it works with the more slang way of speaking the lower class would have. It’s also the term Enjolras uses to describe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Do you use the phrase “highfalutin” in Australia? 😛 Just wondering. That probably wouldn’t work in the scenario you describe.
In America the upperclass are called “the One Percenters” but…that’s kind of a political thing, and actually the One Percent are usually the more conservative capitalists, so they’re really not the “bad g…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool, okay. 😀
Well, point one, I’m trying to think of a term I could use instead of the word “Aristocrat”, something which conveys a similar meaning, and that the revolutionaries could use contemptuously.
Secondly, could I ask you some questions about my novel?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m up for a little bit longer. (My mom asked us to go to sleep a little earlier tonight since we’ve got a lot of stuff to do tomorrow.) I’m not usually here on Sundays even just for discussions, but I’ve got something I need to do on the computer anyway, so might as well, right? 😀 So, here I am…
What do you want to discuss? 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey, anyone around. I’m writing ;D @jess-penrose @jane-maree @anyone
@rochellaine I know it’s Sunday for you, but maybe you’re around for discussions?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 5 months ago
@the-real-kapeefer So, I am wondering who is older, you or Josiah?
And have no fear, @aratrea , we are all much more devoted to you. Â There is no chance of him ever taking over the Kingdom! *laughs at Daniels useless attempt*
BTW, how can you call yourself a real kapeefer? Â I have been on the forum only a month and I have many times over the a…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic What Should I Do? in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@sam-kowal @rochellaine Thank you very much for your advice! Â I agree, and will do so.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia 😀 Thanks!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
leaving, might be back
-
Alia replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x, THIS IS FANTASTIC!
if you have space to add me you can, if not thats fine
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, @ingridrd, @rochellaine, @seekjustice, @sam-kowel, @anyone-else
I’m here for a bit
-
Alia replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, nice signature
-
Alia replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, what type of help do you need? is it with finding the melody? getting the lyrics to flow? just getting lyrics in general? or something else?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Go for it!  Can you let us know what you come up with? 🙂  I like the lady in the videos.  She seems sweet, and her voice is beautiful.
I am not much of a songwriter. Â I mean, I have written a few good songs with good tunes, but I don’t play any instruments or anything. Â My songs and tunes just come to me, like writing does.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Your stories are so fantastic!!!  This is great!  The way B-bot talks makes him sound both cute and wise. 🙂  But I have to ask…what is a B-bot?  Is it something you made up?
*patiently waits turn to be in story*
-
Joy replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x *appears from realm of the hiatus*
HiFileWriterIloveyourstorysofarcanIbeinittooit’sokayifit’stoolatethankyou!
*disappears again*
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Agh! I mean @skredder.
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oops, @catwing and @skreeder
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
A Kingdom Pen Adventure: Truly Lost our Minds
By
The File Writer of Base13x (@filewriterbase13x)
Part Four: The Losing of Minds
“How? How could I have lost it? It must have been during or after the storm. The storm. Why did I remember that but not who my neighbors were?
I was walking through a forest that I didn’t remember the name of,…[Read more]
- Load More
