@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine An indoor goat? Awww… Ours had babies several times. They were smaller than our cats when they were born, and so cute! And ours were pets, although they cleared a lot of brush and poison ivy for us.
*tries hard to think of another snippet I can remember*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 You’ve seen my website, though, right? My picture’s on there, so when you saw that I’d thought you would have recognized it as the same one from the collage?
I don’t think you should make a topic for it, since it has absolutely nothing to do with writing. 😉 You could make a public message about it, if you like.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Nice! What is the name of this story?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine I love goats too! Do have any? We had some little pygmy goats for a while, and nubians back when I was like five.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha. My mom says I spend each dollar a thousand times before I actually buy anything. 😀 I can spend hours looking at dresses on the internet and end up never buying a one of them. Oh, that makes sense. Yes, I would say my style is more classic than vintage, but I do wish it were possible to wear 50s style circle skirts or 40s…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Actually, Joshua saves the goat although he really gets beat up in the process. He knows how much the goat means to the blind boy, because it helps him go places like a seeing eye dog.
This story is set in A.D. 31-33 and has the death, resurrection, and accession of Jesus in it. Is that what you mean?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Oh good! And I like B-bot. 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 Okay, here’s from one of my stories…
Joshua’s fists clenched. The frenzied mob of white-clad bacchantes grabbed the little black goat from the blind boy, who gave a cry and tried to reach his pet. His mother pulled them both out of reach of the drunken crowd. The screams and cheers of the bacchantes filled the ni…[Read more]
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder, haha. No I don’t know that reference. At least I don’t think so. It does sound familiar, though. Of course, I included you. You asked me too didn’t you? 🙂
@kaya-young, thank you and you’re welcome. Yes, I suppose it does. 🙂
Oh, welcome back @dekreel, oh and she’s gone again. Yes, I would live to add you. I am definitely overstocked…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I forgot to say that I agree with Rin. I would have enjoyed it too. Not that I would necessarily have had the courage to do it… 😛
Well that’s funny. 😀 I wonder where your mind linked me to vintage clothing? Maybe the fact that I write his-fic? Oh, Modcloth! Yes, they’ve got a lot of cute stuff. My aunt has some clothe…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Nice! Does Chara go to the hospital???
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thats really cool! Is that from your book?
I would like to, but I don’t have access to our computer right now, so I am just using notebooks to work on my plot lines and such while I can’t actually be writing the story.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, you’ve already read most of what I’ve written so far, so here’s what I came up with…
“How do you feel, Chara?” the nurse asked, coming up to Chara’s bed and smiling at her.
“I want to get up,” Chara answered, lifting the corner of her mouth in an attempt to smile back. Immediately her cheek hurt, and she remembered…
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine@ jenwriter17 Hi, guys! I can’t be on long, but maybe for a little if were talking about anything. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay. Your idea, you first. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, but I’m not sure exactly what you mean. 😀 Do you mean one or two sentence sections like SeekJustice did in her last post on An Ordinary Pen?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Thank you! Yeah, his sister was five when he left, and she hardly remembers him. Also, because of the traumatizing situation they were in for a while when he was taken away, she has hardly spoken for those two years. My poor little character!
I find it tons of fun, but also difficult to write these very emotional scenes. I enj…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 “Course of,” as my little sister used to say. 😉
What about you? That robot girl?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira My favorite example of what someone did when seeing someone unexpectedly is the Biblical story of when Peter and Rhoda. Remember, when Peter knocked on the door after being released from prison and she came to answer the door, she heard him speak and recognized his voice, but she was so excited she forgot to open the door! 😀 So h…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira @jenwriter17 @alia @skredder I’m on here early today. Is anyone available to join me in writing?
- Load More
