-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
*round of applause for both of you
That’s some great progress! 111,000 words is incredible, too.
@GodlyFantasy12 I know what you mean about procrastination, though. I usually get so excited about later scenes in my book that I don’t feel like writing the one I’m currently on, so I get stuck in a loop of writing future scenes instead of focusing…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
Oooh, this thread sounds fun 🙂
I know I’m a little late, but I’ll dive in for a second and ramble about my MC.
*Ahem
My heroine is Caira Watson.
She’s super studious, introverted, (a little bossy), and loves coffee as much as I do. She’s 14 yrs. old, but she’s been conserved in ice for the last 1,000 years ((and because of that, she lost her…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
I’ll be around! It’s a cozy cold weekend, so I’m happy to talk writing stuff with everybody. How is everyone’s WIP coming along? I’m hoping to write a lot more over Christmas break ^-^
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
I’ve actually never read those, but they sound gripping, so I may look into reading them! Oh, I know, fantasy is just such a great genre, mostly because you can incorporate so much imagination into it. I’m actually writing my first novel (it might turn into a trilogy) right now. It’s about a girl with special powers, and she’s been prophesied to…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski changed their profile picture 5 years, 10 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
Great to meet you! *shakes hand and sips coffee
Ooh, I’m a fantasy writer too!! And reader. What are some of your favorite fantasy books? Do you like dragons?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic How has your writing changed since you first started? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 10 months ago
This is a great thread, so I’ll invite myself over 🙂
For me, I can think of a few, namely plot versus characters. I used to pour all of my writing thoughts into developing the perfect plot and story that would surely keep the author hooked. But what I neglected (and lacked) was developed characters. Not to say that the plot isn’t important, but…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
Oooh, a writer’s corner! (Mind if I join in for a bit?) As long as there’s coffee, I’m content 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
I believe my username should be the same one that I have on here: writerlexi1216 😀
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@Gracie J
Thanks, Gracie! I’m open to the idea of a website (sounds like something I’d enjoy)! I think I’m signed up on Goodreads, but I don’t have published works there or anything (just for looking). And thanks for the writing complement! My novel is still a huge WIP, but with enough effort, who knows? I might consider publishing parts of it…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@Kathleen
Greetings, fellow homeschooler/coffee lover/LotR and Percy Jackson fan!
 *shakes hand and then slurps coffee
Alas, I’m still fairly new to Percy Jackson, so I’m only on the first book (that’s because I just got introduced to the series not too long ago), but knowing me, I’m sure I’ll have the whole book read by this weekend (and I can…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Who Do You Write Like? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
I coped and pasted a large section and got J.K. Rowling
I’ll have to try again and see who else I get (Agatha Christie sounds pretty popular!) ^-^
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@Linyang Zhang
Thank you! Ooh, fellow fantasy writer 😀
I’d love to post sections of my writing (it’s still second draftish), so I might think about doing that sometime! I enjoy playing the violin (I’ve been playing since I was… ten, maybe?), and have just challenged myself at the electric guitar, but the piano is an instrument I’m dying to…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
Hiya, Ella! Wow, I have to say I also enjoy all of the things you listed. Aww, Jasmine is the perfect name for a sassy cat (I almost named one of my cats Sassy, actually). I don’t play sports officially (I thought about it before), but my older brother throws baseball and football with me occasionally, so I really enjoy that. That’s really neat y…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@Gracie J.
Ahoy! (that feels awesome to write)
Hmm… lots of great questions here! Yay! Okay so first of all…
- I’m still in the beginning stages of my novel (approximately 15,000 words—just above the inciting incident), but I have a clear view of certain *predicaments* and scenes that happen further on, so I’m moving pretty quickly (I recently…
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
Hi, ScoutFinch! That’s really great we have so much in common. Oh, I love dogs too (especially huskies), so I can definitely relate.
Thanks for the writing complement! I’m a little shy to share my story ideas but it makes me happy that other people like them. Wow, your story sounds incredible too (definitely one I would want to read)! I’m a fan…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
So I’ll just jump straight into this, I guess. To the last three questions, Caira (my MC) would definitely 1. do good but feel guilty, 2. be immortal, and 3. be a tightrope walker. She’s pretty vigilant so I don’t think she’d have a problem being on a tightrope…
Would your character rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
Thank you both for the warm welcome! Ah, it’s good to meet a fellow homeschooler (and lover of cats)! I actually have two indoor cats, one of them that’s nine years old and the other one we found on our doorstep almost a year ago. I’m a super huge fan of cats (their names are Callie and Jasper), even though they can be cunning somet…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski changed their profile picture 5 years, 10 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski started the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
First things first, I should probably clarify that Lexi is just a nickname for the more commonly mispronounced Alexa, and secondly, I’m super happy to introduce myself to KP!
A little history lesson about myself… I’m fifteen years old (in twenty-three days) and have been writing more years than my coffee-dependent brain can remember. I’m homesch…[Read more]
- Load More
