Well, here I am! :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Well, here I am! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

First things first, I should probably clarify that Lexi is just a nickname for the more commonly mispronounced Alexa, and secondly, I’m super happy to introduce myself to KP!

A little history lesson about myself… I’m fifteen years old (in twenty-three days) and have been writing more years than my coffee-dependent brain can remember. I’m homeschooled, a Christian, and lover of coffee (yes, it’s brought me this far through high school), and I enjoy writing, photography, playing the violin, and being around my grumpy cats.

I’m currently writing my first novel (*cue nervous laugh*), which is a fantasy, so coming here and reading super inspiring posts has helped me expand my writing techniques.

Looking forward to joining Kingdom Pen! ^u^

E. K. Seaver
      @e-k-seaver
        • Total Posts: 344

Wonderful to meet you, dear.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
        ekseaver.wordpress.com

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@writerlexi1216 Hi there, welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! We’re all stoked to meet you! I’m Linyang, one of our…people.

Ooh, I see that our birthdays are actually quite close! I’m…a couple of years older, I think? I’m also homeschooled, and if I could drink coffee, I would. Tell me more about your cats! I’ve always wanted one. Or two. Or more. 🙂

Ooh, your first novel! I’d love to hear more about it, if you want.

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216

Thank you both for the warm welcome! Ah, it’s good to meet a fellow homeschooler (and lover of cats)! I actually have two indoor cats, one of them that’s nine years old and the other one we found on our doorstep almost a year ago. I’m a super huge fan of cats (their names are Callie and Jasper), even though they can be cunning sometimes.

Oh, I’d love to sneak out a few details of my novel! I’ve been prepping it for a long time and finally am brave enough to start writing. It’s a fantasy story that’s basically about a girl with magical powers (telekinesis) living in a non-magical world, and she’s been prophesied to bring magic back to the kingdom. Kind of fantasy/adventure really, but we’ll see where it goes!

Scoutillus Finch
            @scoutfinch180
              • Total Posts: 413

Hi, Lexi! I am a newbie as well! I am a few years older than you and I have been writing seriously most of my teen years. I have been homeschooled starting fifth grade. I would also be a lover of cats if I wasn’t allergic… but I do have a great affection for dogs.

Your story sounds extremely fascinating. I actually have a mildly similar idea on the backburner, (I am working on a sci-fi short story now) but it is about the second son of a king and he is more like a partaker in a reformation. Good luck on your first novel!

I do not drink coffee because it makes me nauseous, instead, I drink black tea almost every morning.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Alexa Autorski
              @writerlexi1216

Hi, ScoutFinch! That’s really great we have so much in common. Oh, I love dogs too (especially huskies), so I can definitely relate.

Thanks for the writing complement! I’m a little shy to share my story ideas but it makes me happy that other people like them. Wow, your story sounds incredible too (definitely one I would want to read)! I’m a fan of sci-fi fiction and a reformation sounds interesting

I’m a big tea-lover as well–raspberry tea is probably my favorite 🙂

Good luck on your novel as well!

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j
                  • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 Ahoy, matey! ‘Tis a veritable pleasure to meet ye! Ye’ll soon be a-findin’ that most everybody here in the Kingdom of Pen are homeschoolers (including meself, and right proudly so), most everybody writes fantasy (slightly including meself), the majority goes to coffee-drinkers, and I don’t really talk like a pirate. I just write like one, aye?

I’m afeared that I canna be relatin’ to ye on account of the pets–although my cat-loving sister has written a long speech about cats that she wants me to share with y’all… But I do love tea and we’re rather close in age. (So, @william-starkey, it appears we are not the only fifteen-year-olds anymore…or, wait, has your birthday arrived already?)

Your novel sounds very interesting! You’ll definitely find a lot of helpful advice here! How far along are you?

I do have a few questions for you, if you dinna mind…

1. What are your favorite books or favorite in particular?
                  2. Who is your favorite author(s)?
                  3. What are your favorite movies?
                  4. Do you like cookies?
                  5. Have you ever read or watched Gone with the Wind?
                  6. Do you have a website/blog?

Don’t be afraid to share your story ideas! We have a couple topics where you can talk about your WIP and I think we have one for sharing ideas somewhere… We aren’t pirates (except for meself, but I prefer plunder of the gemstone variety), so there are no worries on that account! 😉

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting
                    • Total Posts: 1700

@writerlexi1216 Ooh, your story sounds quite interesting! I’m also working on a fantasy work, though it happens in different worlds with a very large cast of characters. I’d love to read yours if you ever want to post a part of it here!

Tea is quite good, to be honest, but I’ve gotten so used to drinking water that drinking other types of liquids is something out of my normal routine. Maybe I should try some tea again…

You like playing the violin? That’s really cool. I used to want to play when I was younger, but piano is my main instrument, and it takes up a lot of time.

Photography also sounds really cool; I have some friends who do it. What kind of camera do you use? What do you like taking pictures of?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                    Would you mind letting me know
                    If hours don't turn into days

ella
                    @nova21
                      • Total Posts: 604

@writerlexi1216

Hello!!  Welcome to KP!  I’m Ella and I used to be homeschooled, but now I go to a classical Christian school.  I loooovve cats, working out, basketball, listening to music, and writing thriller/suspense/dystopian books.  My cat is a brindle named Jasmine and she’s super sassy! 😂

I know everyone’s asked you a lot of questions already (ahem, @gracie-j), so I just have one:  do you play sports? 😉

Nice to meet you and have fun on KP!!

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                      -gladiator, 2000

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216

@Gracie J.

Ahoy! (that feels awesome to write)

Hmm… lots of great questions here! Yay! Okay so first of all…

1. I’m still in the beginning stages of my novel (approximately 15,000 words—just above the inciting incident), but I have a clear view of certain *predicaments* and scenes that happen further on, so I’m moving pretty quickly (I recently transformed from a pantser to a plotter, so that’s helped me out)

2. Wow, this is a hard one! I love Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, currently reading Percy Jackson (already a fan), Keeper of the Lost Cities, Narnia, The Giver… some of my *beloved* reads ^-^

3. My favorite author(s) would have to be most of the ones I already mentioned! I think I like many authors for different reasons, like Tolkien’s world, Lewis’ characters, and so on and so forth.

4. My family is a huge fan of movies, so I definitely watch a lot. I’m nostalgic with Disney films, so that might sway me just a little. I like movies like Lord of the Rings, Frozen II, Murder on the Orient Express (the Agatha Christie movie), and Rise of Skywalker, as well as Marvel movies.

5. DID SOMEONE SAY COOKIES? Oh, yes! Any good pirate loves cookies, and I love all kinds. Oatmeal, pecan, chocolate chip, all of them combined…

6. I believe that I have watched the movie version. My family loves watching 1900s movies, but I haven’t read the book version (I probably will though)

7. I don’t have a website or blog (yet!), but some of my family has been persuading me to make a blog and I have to admit I’m thinking about it. I’ll totally mention it if I decide to create one!

Thanks mateys, for all the help! I’m still a newbie so I’m finding my way around here slowly but surely!  I’m also glad to join the fifteen year olds trio now 😀

Alexa Autorski
                        @writerlexi1216

Hiya, Ella! Wow, I have to say I also enjoy all of the things you listed. Aww, Jasmine is the perfect name for a sassy cat (I almost named one of my cats Sassy, actually). I don’t play sports officially (I thought about it before), but my older brother throws baseball and football with me occasionally, so I really enjoy that. That’s really neat you play basketball! I actually considered playing basketball when I was younger… who knows? I might someday :p

Alexa Autorski
                          @writerlexi1216

@Linyang Zhang

Thank you! Ooh, fellow fantasy writer 😀

I’d love to post sections of my writing (it’s still second draftish), so I might think about doing that sometime! I enjoy playing the violin (I’ve been playing since I was… ten, maybe?), and have just challenged myself at the electric guitar, but the piano is an instrument I’m dying to learn. I’m still fairly new to photography, but I use a Canon camera. I mostly take pictures of scenery, like flowers and lakes and such 🙂

Scoutillus Finch
                            @scoutfinch180
                              • Total Posts: 413

I also enjoy writing fantasy, but I am doing a sci-fi currently. I have actually started a topic for people to critique if you want to read it.😊

I am learning acoustic guitar, I may try electric once I’ve mastered Acoustic, sounds like a lot of fun.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 Here you are, my famous chocolate chip cookie, fresh out of the oven with a glass of milk (you do like milk, don’t you?)!

15,000 words is great! How long do you think it will end up being?

Great list of books and authors–you’ll fit in with the KP community quite well, I should think. 😉

You should DEFINITELY look into getting a website! I love mine! If you need any tips or recommendations, I’d be glad to help! 🙂

And I do heartily recommend Gone with the Wind. The movie was surprisingly much better than the book, but the history and culture you can glean from GWTW is imperative to…pretty much everything. Besides, Rhett Butler makes anything wonderful, if you ask me! 😆

Again, welcome, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 😊

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Kathleen
                                @kathleenramm
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@writerlexi1216

Hello! Hello!

I am (yet another) homeschooler, a couple years older than you, and- wait, did you mention LotR AND Percy Jackson?! You have impeccable taste. LotR is… well, LotR. And Percy Jackson has had a special place in my heart since I was ten. What book are you on? And do you have a favorite character?

I too love to write fantasy! Although I love to write in a bunch of different genres I think there’s a solid case that could be made that fantasy is the best genre. But that’s just my personal opinion.

*raises coffee cup* It’s nice to meet a fellow coffee lover! Coffee is truly the king of all beverages. Nothing can compare.

I used to play violin, but haven’t played it for a couple years. What’s your kind of songs you like to play on the violin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >