Well, here I am! :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Well, here I am! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

@Kathleen

Greetings, fellow homeschooler/coffee lover/LotR and Percy Jackson fan!

*shakes hand and then slurps coffee

Alas, I’m still fairly new to Percy Jackson, so I’m only on the first book (that’s because I just got introduced to the series not too long ago), but knowing me, I’m sure I’ll have the whole book read by this weekend (and I can vote more of my opinion). 

Ah, I’m such a fan of fantasy, mostly because I have a lot of wacky ideas that I can incorporate into my books. It’s a genre with plenty of room to stretch your creative fingers and run wild with interesting concepts. 

(And I wholeheartedly agree with the coffee comment, my energy booster when I’m lazy to write.)

As far as violin goes, I prefer to play a big variety of songs, ranging from songs from movies/tv shows I can easily pick out, to more professional things from my handy Suzuki book. And, when winter comes, lots and lots of Christmas songs. 

Thanks for introducing yourself!

Cheers! 

*raises coffee mug

@Gracie J.

Thanks, Gracie! How many words, you ask? Well, I’m actually *considering* making this book the first of a duology/possible trilogy. I’ve been meditating on this idea for a long time, and I think that cramming it all into one book would be way too long, but I think the first book might be around 85,000/90,000 words? That awaits to be seen.

I’m definitely leaning in the direction of maybe getting a website, so then I can post even more things about writing/tv shows/photography, and everything else in my list of hobbies. If I did create one, I’d apprecaite any help!

GWTW is something I’ve consistently heard of and possibly might read sooner or later. I’m always opening my ears (and eyes) to new book recommendations, so I might check that out :p 

Thanks for the welcome! I’m happy to take part in KP (and meet a lot of great people), and Happy Thanksgiving from one writer to another!

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Just let me know if you need any help with a website–I’d love to give you some tips!

Do check GWTW out! Are you on Goodreads?

85k-90k sounds great! I love the sound of your idea! If you ever need any critiques, beta readers, or feedback, we’re here to help!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alexa Autorski
        @writerlexi1216

@Gracie J

Thanks, Gracie! I’m open to the idea of a website (sounds like something I’d enjoy)! I think I’m signed up on Goodreads, but I don’t have published works there or anything (just for looking). And thanks for the writing complement! My novel is still a huge WIP, but with enough effort, who knows? I might consider publishing parts of it for you all to read one of these days…

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@witerlexi1216 You’re welcome! I’m sure you would!

What name are you under on Goodreads, if you don’t mind my asking?

Again, you’re so welcome! I would love to read it one day!

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216

I believe my username should be the same one that I have on here: writerlexi1216 😀

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 Cool! You should be getting a friend request from me soon! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >