-
Kads replied to the topic What Does Being a Writer Mean to You? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@wyn-rose First off, I’d like to say this is a GREAT question. It really made me think.
To me, being a writer is sending out my characters into the world. Something I really want of my writing is to make somebody feel like they might be able to relate to some of my characters or something that my characters did. I want people to think…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Girl, that wall of collages ROCKS!!! You totally just inspired me to do the exact same thing (if you don’t mind me stealing your idea)! Dang, I want to try to do something like that now 😛 Have I told you how interested I am in your characters? They’re so neat! Who’s your fave? (Psssst, I think mine is Kaizuke…)
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic A Question in the forum Questions and Support 5 years, 7 months ago
No, don’t worry about it *shrugs* You’re close to 13, so that shouldn’t matter one bit! 🙂 Noooooo, we don’t want you off the forum!!! You’re an AWESOME person (and writer) and we totally enjoy chatting with you! 😛 I wouldn’t give it a second thought
-
Kads replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@devastate-lasting Thank you! I think I’ll have a look at them whenever I feel low in motivation <3 You should print yours! It really added a nice creative aesthetic to my room. 😀
-
Kads replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Here’s a pic of the 12 collages I’ve done, up on my bulletin board!!
I actually changed my cover image to this, it’s just hard to tell. XD

-
Kads replied to the topic Rock Climbing Scene…Help! in the forum Plotting 5 years, 7 months ago
@hobbitchild I think what you have is great! The only things I’d add would maybe be to describe the stumble of the falling character and the split second reaction, just to maximize the scene! Example (I’ll use random names here): Dillon handed Hayden the harness, and as he pushed it into his hand, Hayden stumbled. His eyes widened, mouth ope…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@devastate-lasting Thank you! 🙂
-
Kads replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Another collage for my bird character Enmerelde in my series. 😀

-
Kads replied to the topic Inspirational Images & Quotes ❤️ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@kathleenramm @scoutfinch180 @any-other-atla-fans @i-know-one-person-is-missing I found this really cool fan art of Sokka and wanted to share it! It definitely inspired me, heh.

“Boomerang! You do always come back!”
-
Kads replied to the topic A Question in the forum Questions and Support 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Oh, ok. Well, I guess it’s okay then? I don’t know though, I was just worried. :p
-
Kads started the topic A Question in the forum Questions and Support 5 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone. I took a look at the forum guidelines the other day, and it says that people ages 13-30 can be on the forum. Am I breaking the forum rules just by being here, since I’m 12? But when I signed up to join the forum though, when I selected my age, 12 was available for me to pick. I feel bad! Am I breaking the rules? I totally understand i…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Cover Design in the forum Art 5 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-j Thanks! I’m happy that you will make one for me! <3
-
Kads replied to the topic Inspirational Images & Quotes ❤️ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@mkfairygirl Thank you! I like to exchange art with one of my friends that inspires me, so I figured, why not take it to KP? 😀
-
Kads replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@abigail-m Thank you! 😀 I tried to give him a whole vibe and everything even though he dies… Oof. We writers are cruel. Or, as a younger me once put it, “I’m not afraid to slice and dice as needed.”
-
Katherine replied to the topic Inspirational Images & Quotes ❤️ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@scripter-of-kingdoms I wanted to tell you that I love this forum topic!!!!😀❤️
I tried to include an inspiring image but it doesn’t seem to go through. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow.
-
Katherine replied to the topic Inspirational Images & Quotes ❤️ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@scripter-of-kingdoms I love this forum topic!!!!😀❤️
This image is really inspiring from me!!!<3 I found it on a blogger friend of mine’s blog post. I tried to include the link multiple times, but it didn’t work. Anyway, the website is: wildwritingdreams.wordpress.com

-
Kads replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Yeah! I’m a self-critic too, so I know how you feel… If you want me to give you any feedback, please let me know! I’m currently in the beta reading process and feedback has helped me a ton. 😀 I’d LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see your book (any part of it!) and would be honoured if you picked me to read for you. <3 🤗
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Hi, I'm new 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 7 months ago
Of course, writer buddy!!! I’m happy for you about it!! 🙂 We always have each other’s backs, for sure 😉
Hmm… I don’t have a schedule, but I can totally see why you’re struggling to find that balance, because sometimes I struggle with it too. What I would suggest is maybe get a planner. That way, you can write down specific times…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Aw, thank you for saying that! It’s not that I don’t feel comfortable (because I know all of you on Kingdom Pen are super encouraging and kind 🙂 ), it’s just I can be sort of self-critical, I guess. But maybe feedback is exactly what I need to give me some motivation! Because the book really picks up the action around…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Even if you feel uncomfortable posting, at least know that if you ever decide to post it I won’t judge you 🙂 I posted my prologue on here once, but for beta reading I just sent specific ppl the whole story through email. 🙂
- Load More
