Hi, I’m new :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi, I’m new :)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Jean Coul
    @hallie-jean
      • Total Posts: 167

@kathleenramm Lol, no stress! Welcome to the party!!! Apparently there’s a lot of tea and coffee being passed around! 😉

I was obsessed with all the Barbie films when I was younger (may or may not still like them)! One of my favorites was Barbie and the Three Musketeers and I also loved the Diamond Castle one! I have no idea if that means anything to you! XD

It’s been a while since I’ve read Percy Jackson, but I always like Sea of Monsters bc that’s when Tyson is first introduced! And who doesn’t like that one-eyed fellow??? I think I also really enjoyed Battle of the Labyrinth and of course the first one! I’m currently reading the Heroes of Olympus series bc I can’t get enough of these characters and the story!!!

To answer your question and @lewilliams question abt my favorite character I’ve created, I’ve really come to like Jayce and Ocean who are two side characters from a series I’ve been planning for a while that I want to write evenutally! And some like Bren and Alexa who are foil characters. I love opposites!!! Connie and Lycan are really cute too!

And from my pirate story, I really like Daren, Xavier, and the other guy I described earlier on the WIP chat!

And these are just some of them!!! 🙂

Proverbs 16:2

Alexa Autorski
      @writerlexi1216
        • Total Posts: 1011

@hallie-jean

Wait *leans closer* *squints hard* did I hear you say you were a Percy Jackson fan, too? Neat! So am I. Well, I’m still in the beginning of the series, but I’m still a fan nonetheless. How did you like reading the books? Do they stay good?

Wow, those are really terrific names, by the way! I really like Ocean and Lycan! Also, what a coincidence you have a character named Alexa, because that’s my real name 🙂

Jean Coul
        @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216 Keep reading bc they ARE good!!! At least in my opinion!

Thank you!!! I spent a lot of time researching good names! You know when you just run across THE NAME and you’re like, well I just have to use it cuz I can’t think of them with any other name now??? Well that’s exactly what happened to me!

AAAAHHH!!! What a coincidence! I think Alexa is a really good name! 🙂

If you want, I can give you a description of the series Alexa, Bren, Jayce, Ocean, and the rest of the crew (yes, there’s a lot more of them) are from!

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

Oooh, I’ll keep reading onward then! I was hoping they stayed good! *thumbs up*

Yes, I know exactly what you’re talking about! When you’ve had a character without a name for so long, and then suddenly you see That Perfect Name and everything just clicks. Ah, takes me back to ye olden days when my MC didn’t have an official name for nearly a year… *sigh*

Aw, thank you! I like my name, but unfortunately many people mispronounce it, which is why I go by ‘Lexi’ almost all the time lol

YES PLEASE! I love love love the names, so I’d love to know the story they’re from! As long as you feel comfortable sharing, go ahead!! 🙂

Katherine
            @mkfairygirl
              • Total Posts: 549

@hallie-jean I hope your week went well!!!! 🙂 Oooh, COOL!!!!!! Historical fantasy fictions are awesome!!!!!!!! Your WIP sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😀 I love stories with pirates and I really like how you’re making it the beginning of what we think of pirates today!!!!!!

Yes, they were really good!!!!! I LOVE fairy tale retellings too!!!!!!! 🙂

By the way, I was scrolling through the comments and I saw that you liked the Diamond Castle Barbie movie. That is my favorite Barbie movie ever!!!!!!!! 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Katherine.

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
              Fall in love with Jesus

Jean Coul
              @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216 Oh hi again!!! I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to respond! I haven’t been feeling the best these past few days, but I’ve decided to pull myself together enough to message some people back today!

First off! How are you doing?? I realize a lot writers struggle more than they let on, so I just wanted to be clear that you (or anyone) can always be real with me!

I’m so happy you like their names!!! I’m so attached to my characters that it would just be strange if I were to change their names now! So, in order for me to explain the story line, there’s one thing I should say . . . They’re all werewolves. But not the horrifying monsters you might be thinking of right now 🙂 Let me explain. Since werewolves are part human and part wolf, they have three different forms they can take on. One is their human form, then their werewolf form, which is basically just their human form with wolf ears and a tail. And lastly, they can turn into wolves. Not so scary, huh? With that settled, I should say that werewolves dwell in the land Odyssey, which acts as a safe haven for all mythical creatures. Alexa is the soon-to-be queen of the werewolf kingdom, Gust Gale. However, to become queen she must defeat her sister in a duel for the throne. Meanwhile, Alexa is trying to track down her father, who went missing the day she was born. Bren, my second MC for this series, grew up in the human world, completely unaware of werewolves. When he in encountered by some wolves while taking a walk in some woods, he’s bitten and falls unconscious. He wakes up in Odyssey, now as a werewolf, and has strange powers he needs to learn to control. A letter is sent to them by the zodiacs, the rulers of their world so Alexa, Bren, Jayce, Euphoria, Lycan, and Connie go to seek their needs. But they encounter troubles along the way (and there may or may not be dragons involved!) and with Alexa’s birthday and coronation coming up, they get ready for a mess to go down with their mysterious new enemies. But nothing prepared them for what they really are facing . . . *evil laugh*

I’m sorry!!! This is way longer than I intended it to be! And this is only the first book! It’s the only one I have pretty much planned! Tell me what ya think!

Jean Coul
                @hallie-jean

@mkfairygirl Oh hey! My week started off pretty good, but I fell under the weather about half way through it.

But thank you so much for all your encouragement about my WIP!!! It’s totally made my day! (And yes, the Diamond Castle Barbie movie is amazing 🙂 )

How are you doing?? And how’s your WIP coming along??? I haven’t felt like working on mine since I got sick, but intend to soon!!!

Alexa Autorski
                  @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

Oh, it’s no worries! (I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well! If there’s anything you need, just let me know! *sends chocolate* Here you go! 🙂 It’s the first thing I thought of to help)

I’ve been good, thank you! I’ve been struggling a little with pacing/writing out a few outlines, but it’s been going smoothly. Thank you for asking! It’s good to know that someone else understands the struggles of writing life.

That’s so cool! I feel the same way about names. I couldn’t imagine changing them now! It would feel like a totally different character!

*reads summary* *jaw drops* *eyes widen*

OH MY GOODNESS, this sounds amazing!!! And I think writing about werewolves is such an interesting idea!! Oooh, I never thought about werewolves having three different forms (that’s so neat! And that gives so much room for potential). This idea sounds terrific! There’s so much tension, too, and I’m such a fan of adventure/fantasy 😉

*gasps* DRAGONS? Yessss! I love dragons! And did you just end your summary with a cliffhanger? I need to know more!

I think this sounds so neat! It’s exactly the type of book I’d pick up in a bookstore! 🙂

Jean Coul
                    @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216 Thank you for understanding! Chocolate??? How did you know that’s what I needed????? XD

Writing outlines can be tough! It’s basically your whole story in summary, but I often feel the urge to just go ahead an write it! It can be super difficult so I totally understand your struggle! I give you kudos for not quitting bc I’m sure your stories have come so far and are so good that you just can’t stop now!!! I believe in uuuuu!!!!!!!!! If you need any advice/help, I’m here!!!

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts on my story! I’ve kind of had the concept for a while (like years) but it went from super humans to super heroes to werewolves. I always thought werewolves would be a cool thing to read about, but I realized the only stories I’ve heard about with werewolves were ones where they were monsters and gruesome or something. I want to change that. And I thought it was pretty original cuz I haven’t heard too many werewolf stories.

Werewolves have elemental powers (such as fire, ice, water, etc.) and emotional powers (like happiness, sadness, pride, and if they have one of these they tend to act like it) Euphoria is a Happy Werewolf so she tends to be cheery and enthusiastic! She can also manipulate people’s emotions. Alexa is a Wind Werewolf so she can manipulate wind. And she also has heterochromia which makes one of her eyes lavender and the other silver. Her silver eye turns out to be special and gives her more powers as the series goes on. Werewolves also stay in packs so none of them go insane bc of how complex their minds are compared to humans’.

Any questions?? XD About some characters maybe???

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

Hahah, chocolate always makes me feel better, so I thought it may help you, too!

Oh, I know, right??? Outlines are so difficult… *sigh* but maybe I can try to find some time to write one sometime. And thank you for the positivity/encouragement!! It really means a lot to me 🙂 And I believe in you too!! (And the same goes for advice! I’m always open to listening to ranting/stress about outlining/anything else! We writers always have each other’s backs!)

I think it’s AWESOME that you’re writing about werewolves! It’s such a unique concept that your book really stands out from others! I think that’s terrific! And did you say ELEMENTAL? Eeeeeek! Sorry, but I love elemental stories sooo much! Like, LOVE them. And the way you incorporated the elements with the werewolves is perfect. Your characters sound really interesting! I actually don’t have any questions, because you explained everything really well! I’m excited to read it someday (because I totally will!) 😉

Jean Coul
                        @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216

Lol thank you so much!!! All your encouragement about my series really makes me happy! And you’re absolutely right! Writers have each other’s backs!

And thanks again for the chocolate!

Also, I was wondering if you have a schedule you go by to help balance writing and everyday things like school and such?? I’m kind of struggling to find time to write so I was wondering if you had any tips for scheduling/planning time? 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@hallie-jean Ah, for scheduling with school…I’m homeschooled, so I write a page or so in between assignments, usually. Otherwise I’d write while doing other stuff, or stay up late or wake up early.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

Of course, writer buddy!!! I’m happy for you about it!! 🙂 We always have each other’s backs, for sure 😉

Hmm… I don’t have a schedule, but I can totally see why you’re struggling to find that balance, because sometimes I struggle with it too. What I would suggest is maybe get a planner. That way, you can write down specific times to do homework, other activities, and writing. It may help you organize your day better. I don’t know if you’re homeschooled or not, but like @devastate-lasting said, you could maybe take breaks from that and write? Or write in your planner about when you’ll do your schoolwork. I totally feel for you, girl–balancing writing and other stuff can be hard. But I hope the tip I gave is helpful! If I think of any more, I’ll be sure to let you know! 🙂

Katherine
                              @mkfairygirl
                                • Total Posts: 549

@hallie-jean Hi, Hallie!!!🙂 I’m so sorry it took me so long to get here. I will try to respond faster from now on. I promise.
                                I hope you are feeling better now! 🙂 Aw, you’re welcome, girl!!!!<3<3

I’m doing good. I joined a writing club today and our first meeting is Wednesday. I hope it goes well though. My WIP is coming along great (I think)! I’ve gotten a lot of great ideas for it this past week, but I haven’t written anything in it in awhile. How is your’s coming along? I love hearing from you!!!!!🙂❤️

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                                Fall in love with Jesus

Jean Coul
                                @hallie-jean

@devastate-lasting @writerlexi1216

Thank you so much for all your help!!! I will try to include some of your advice in my everyday schedule! I’m not a planner so I take whatever planning advice I can get XD

Hope you are both well and your stories are coming along splendidly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mkfairygirl

Hi again!!! It’s so great to hear from you again! It’s really fine! I get it! It takes me a while to respond sometimes!

I am doing a lot better now, health wise. Thank you for checking in!!!

You joined a writing club??? Good for you!!!!! I’m so happy for you and your WIP!

My WIP is coming along ok. I still am trying to figure out the beginning. For some reason the beginning is the hardest for me. I’ll probably try to write the rest of it and go back and write the beginning–and now I’m rambling!!!

I like hearing from you too!!!!! Anytime you want to talk, I’m here!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >