@beth-torres
Active 19 hours, 18 minutes ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 534
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@rainmaker
Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m hybridlore, or just Hybrid, a homeschooled sophomore in high school, violinist, and writer. I also write ya/mg science fiction and dystopian!What is your cyberpunk dystopian about? It sounds really interesting!
I skimmed your responses to everyone else’s questions, and I also really like the Lunar…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Hi again! I’m pretty sure I’ve already introduced myself, and I’m late XD
I love the Wingfeather Saga, but I haven’t read anything else by Andrew Peterson yet .. I’m excited to, though! I’m waiting on Adorning the Dark, I think. And I also really liked Our of the Silent Planet!
I’m not on YWW, but I know that @kyronthearcanin is!…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic I can’t load a new profile picture… in the forum Questions and Support 3 years ago
Huh. Likely.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@thearcanceaxiom
That’s very true! It’s a skill that takes a lot of time to develop, taking in a lot of different ideas from pros, plot, character, and bringing those different ideas into something cohesive is a challenge, but it’s worth it in the end!
I have a cousin that’s older than me, and he once read my work and said “I bet I could write…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
On them having previous dealings, that can actually work, but the readers haven’t seen those previous dealings, so you need to show that somewhere. We’ve seen the Pythonos on many other occasions, but not in any that make it so that they are that much of an immediate threat when your on the run like that. I still think the odor is…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Well, Sef wasn’t at her house when Neveah and Hanna were kidnapped. They were leaving the slums, and were walking down the path. It was a whole “group” thing, if that makes sense.
Sef saw them being taken when she was on her way back from the well.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Cassian is Lilitu’s older brother. (I’m pretty sure it’s in there somewhere? idk, now I’m second guessing myself, haha)
I don’t know, I probably should know, but I don’t know where Cassian is, lol. I guess he just wasn’t in the scene? He’s old enough to work, so probably doing that or stealing something to feed his family. Characters are…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi Divinity, I’m Sara 🙂 I’m a freshman in high school. You’re going to love KP!
I am working on my WIP, and am trying to fix some problems with it, but I am making some progress (I think???).
I have 2 horses,
too many chickens(you can NEVER have too many chickens!!!!), 1 dog, 4 cats, and a herd of cows. We farm and ranch in…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
One thing to consider might be to actually not show what happens to Neveah until later in the story, instead of following her. That way you could linearly follow Sef and Lillitu up through this chapter. Cutting to Neveah and Ottoline after Sef and Lillitu jump off the cliff could be a great way to add tension. Always cut when your audience…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Here’s Sef’s reaction:
Chapter 4: Stolen
***revisal, the new segment at the end****
“Hush,” Cassian squeezed her tighter. Sef sobbed into his shoulder.
“I hate you!” she yelled in his ear. At that moment, she really believed it.
“Yes, I know,” he smiled sadly, knowingly. Sef soon got tired of crying and struggling and so she…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Think of it like your giving your readers a plate with a cheeseburger, but when they reach out to grab it, you pull it away, and throw a burrito at them. Sure burrito’s are great, but the readers were excited for that cheeseburger, and maybe a burrito is better served pushed towards them on a plate, instead of thrown at their f…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Got it!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Haha! I’m glad! Hugo is so funny, (I based him off my brother so I have plenty of ideas, lol!)
Oh I bet!
My brother’s more annoying than funny. He’s 7 and likes to pretend he’s a cat and meow ALL THE TIME.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Sometimes I bring some taffy or chocolate to school and throw it into a crowd to see what happens.
Oh my gosh that’s hilarious
I should try that! Though my school doesn’t have “crowds”, we’re too small for that, lol. (There’s 120 kids in the whole school, K-12)
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Hi, nice to meet you!
We do have one role play going on that you can join (I know because I made it, lol) if you want. We’re pretty far along, but you can hop in anytime! It’s the one titled “Character Party” on the General Writing Discussions session. If you happen to join, you might want to read all the previous RP’s so you…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@trailblazer @acancello @freedomwriter76 @esther-c @grcr @mineralizedwritings
Ottoline
Her hands shook as she fingered the delicate blue fabric. This is for me? She wondered. What kind of person do they think I am? She could never wear that, she decided. This was too beautiful a dress for someone like her. She ran a hand through her tangled ha…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Oh, sorry, it is chapter 6!
Well, two years have passed, and Sef has been abused, so that changes her personality a little bit. They both get older and more mature. What do you mean by different, like personality?
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@trailblazer @acancello @freedomwriter76 @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @mineralizedwritings
Amir
Amir quickly hopped up out of the pile of shoes, bouncing on one foot for a moment as he regained his balance. He pasted on a goofy grin. “I’m fine,” he said with a chortle.
Thankfully, nobody really cared or payed attention to him for very long. But i…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Sure! I don’t think we’d have met anywhere, unless you happen to take HHL online classes.
There are several role plays. I’m not rlly into that sort of thing, so I’m not in any of them, but I’m sure other ppl would be happy to help you join one. Some ppl share stuff about their WIPs. Some ppl create a new thread, or just share in…[Read more]
- Load More
