-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic The story game…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Oooh! Fun!!
@acancello @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings
I cock my head as she disappears into the portal. I go up to the tree and try to open the door. It opens much easier than I expected. The light shines out, blinding me. With a smile and my curiosity getting the better of me, I walk through…
(Don’t know why that was in pre…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Does anyone here write poetry or haiku's ? in the forum Poetry 3 years, 6 months ago
I write poems occasionally! 😀 My more recent poems are better than some of the ones I wrote like two years ago. XD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Ha ha! Yeah, Tsunami’s cool.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Yeah, Jade Mountain was cool too. I like Moon also, although my first favorite has to be Sunny.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Yeah, the series isn’t that great if you look at the later books. The first five were awesome though. My story for that is sort of Wings of Fire minus the trashy stuff, but combined with Star Wars. so basically you’ve got all the Star Wars characters but they’re dragons, and there’s several more prophecies, and some more cool things.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
The backstory was that the ice dragons were sorta enslaved and mistreated by the other kinds. Five dragonets–one of each color mentioned in the prophecy–would be the ones to save them from their fate.
the slate dragon dies though, and he was my second favorite. -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin That one’s actually nice! My prophecies usually don’t rhyme, for example here’s my favorite one I’ve written:
Where the moons cast light on the tempest, there the wings of ice will rise, a talon completed.
Teal, a sixth sense to lead his brothers well.
Silver, seeing farther than any other.
Slate, smarts over senses.
Sky,…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Oh, ok cool! So maybe it starts with her eyes becoming like cat eyes or something, then she gets fire breathing, later she starts getting scales and a tail/wings? That’ll be kinda cool, tbh.
And I’ve written a couple prophecies before if you need any help!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Whoa, really?? How did that happen, like can some dragons turn into humans? Because I remember reading about a myth where a shark chieftain could shift himself into a human, and when he married a human, their kid had shark features. So is it something like that? Or some other way?
So on the subject of “dragon traits.” Can she…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Whoa!! So I know what a seer is, and I’m pretty sure I know what shifter implies…..but dragonborn?? What does it mean?
(You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to.)
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
At least you’re aware of it. That’s good. 🙂
It does get easier to write with unique voice though as you keep writing because you get to know your characters more. 😀
-
Esther replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Y’all gotta read this. XD
This is half of chapter one and all of chapter two from one of the first book I tried to write when I was 8 or 9. (Basically the first part of the chapter was where a 10 year-old girl named Zoey was outside and she got sucked into this tornado thing. XD) (Oh, and I’m leaving all the spelling, grammar, and positioning to…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Oh my word, I love that! XD I love reading old writing compared to recent writing. Lol
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok… 😏😁
(Oh, and I added something to my post up there. I don’t know if you missed it.)
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok, so I love the young thief trope. 😂 (When it’s done right of course 😉 ) So I think Brycen might end up being one of my favorites. 😁
Yeah, I figured I’d have to move some stuff around once the drafting was done. But hey, I’ll just surprise myself and magically have double the chapters that way XD
Right? XD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
@euodia-vision Aggh, I messed up your tag!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper There’s no problem with liking what you like, so long as it’s not explicitly conflicting with your beliefs, and you’re not forcing someone else who thinks it does present a problem to read it (which you aren’t). The story actually kinda interested me, even though I don’t usually like that sort of genre, and even though I’m not likely…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@princesachronicle22 Go right ahead!
Kunen is another pelgarkine, right? Allen’s’ not gonna be too keen on another one, lol. Or maybe they might get along, idk……
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
@euodia.vision Those are cool! That one’s eyes don’t look too creepy. Just remember that human characters’ eyes are about the same space apart as they are wide.
- Load More
