The story game….

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The story game….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    @acancello
      • Total Posts: 838

@esther-c @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @kyronthearcanin @janellebelovedpig @landric @booksbyjayna @euodia-vision @everyone who wants to join!

I made up a fun game that we all can play! So its crazy easy… Step one, im going to post a sentence, paragraph, huge piece etc of unfinished work. Then one of you are going to add the next piece on! The story can go on and on until someone stops it. If we all like it we can do it again! If anyone had a better starting sentence just post it here. Alright, im going to start, 😀

One bright sunny day, I watched a girl leap over a rotten log and land with a splash in a muddy puddle. She was beautiful,daring and brave than all of the girls in the town, but she had a secret..

Hope you guys enjoy!!!!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Allison.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Allison.
      Janellebelovedpig
      @janellebelovedpig
        • Total Posts: 146

(@acancello Fun idea!)

As I watched this girl, I wondered what her secret was. There she was walking through the park in front of my house while I watched from my front porch. She seemed on a mission. She had a purpose in her steps. A smile gently curled the edges of her mouth as she thought about it. I stood up slowly, wondering if I could follow her secretly….

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2803

Cool idea!

Skipping over after her, I try to keep my footsteps light against the mossy forest floor. Her red hair waves behind her, and for a moment, I think she’s turned back to see me. I pause, darting behind a tree as she peeks back. I sigh in relief. One of our neighbors next door, I’d always wondered where she spent all of her time, and thanks to this little mission, I was about to find out. Was it nosy? Perhaps, but my curiosity had already gotten the better of me. I follow her quietly. She quickly peeks around before opening a small door on the side of a tree. I gape in awe as light streams from the inside of the tree outwards. Stepping forwards onto the moss, I watch as she closes the door behind her.

へびは かっこいい です!

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3221

Oooh! Fun!!

@acancello
            @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings

I cock my head as she disappears into the portal. I go up to the tree and try to open the door. It opens much easier than I expected. The light shines out, blinding me. With a smile and my curiosity getting the better of me, I walk through…

(Don’t know why that was in present tense. That was really random for me. XD)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
            @kyronthearcanin
              • Total Posts: 697

@acancello @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings

I’m a little late, but here…

With a stunning light, I am somewhere else. Where, I don’t know, but I know it is far, far away from the place I knew. Yellowed grass spreads out in a wide circle around the tree I’m in, and from there it gets greener until there are hills, and trees beyond them. And the girl… The girl is gone. Or at least, I suppose she is. Jumping down, I pace the outside of the circle, then return to the door. Do I go back? Or do I go after the red-haired girl, with no sense of direction?

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12
                • Total Posts: 6645

@acancello @kyronthearcanin @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings OOH I wanna go!!

I glance at my watch; How is it already so late? It might be best to go home. I have no clue where I’m going, and the girl is nowhere to be seen.

I turn to walk out the tree I came out of, to find the opening is gone. My heart beats quickly. It was just here! I rush to the tree, running my hands over the wood.

Nothing. I give it a small kick, wincing as I do so.

“That was dumb.” I mutter.

“So was following me!” I spin around, letting out an embarrassing yelp. There…looking very peeved, with her hands on her hips, stands the girl I just followed…

And technically stalked.

How do I explain this?

that was fun lol. Btw is this Charrie a girl or a boy? I was thinking a boy since the very first paragraph started off with the character Admiring the girl XD XD I mean he called her beautiful…. 😂

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12
                  • Total Posts: 6645

Oh did I write too much btw….was it only supposed to be a paragraph…? 😬 I tend to be an over writer on KP sometimes… let me know if I did it wrong

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Allison
                  @acancello
                    • Total Posts: 838

@godlyfantasy12

No, you didn’t do wrong, you can write as much as you’d like! 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Allison.
                    Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@godlyfantasy12

I’d assumed it was a boy, so… maybe? 😅🤣🤣

Starshiness
                      @starshiness
                        • Total Posts: 174

Ooo how fun!! Mind if I join 👀

(I vote for a boy charrie too btw)

~~~

I drop my gaze from hers. “I, um… well… I wanted to know your secret.”

She pushed her face closer to mine, her sea-green eyes staring at me suspiciously. “How did you know I had a secret?”

I shrug. “‘Cause you acted like it.”

Judging by the way she scrunched her freckled face into a frown followed by an indignant stomp of her foot, I don’t think she liked my answer.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                        @kyronthearcanin

@acancello @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings @starshiness @godlyfantasy12 @esther-c

Idk how often we’re circling back, but here:

The girl’s hands flew to her hips and she skewered me with her glare. “Why do you, a complete stranger, need to know my business? Isn’t that kind of nosy?”

I shrugged. “Maybe. Let’s just start with your name, then. Mine’s _______.” (I’ll let one of y’all name the boy. I call the girl XD)

She sighed and walked to lean against the tree, settling down on the large roots. “Well, at least your name isn’t boring. If you must know, my name is Piper.”

I grin at her, sitting in the grass a couple feet away. “Good. Now we’re not strangers anymore. Ready to share that secret?”

She rolled her eyes. “What is it with you and secrets? Honestly, it’s not like I bothered you.”

“I went through your magic door, and now it’s gone. It took me somewhere completely new, like some kind of portal.” I raised my eyebrows. “I think I’m entitled to at least some curiosity.”

For a while she was silent. Then with a huff she stood, fiery hair blowing back in the wind like a wing. “Well then come on, ______. If you’re so sure you want to know, I’ll just have to show you.”

A little unnerved, I followed.

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3221

@acancello @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings @starshiness @godlyfantasy12 @kyronthearcanin

Oooh, so I don’t have any ideas for the next part of the story, but I think the boy should be named Griffin or Silas. I can’t choose which. 😛

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                            @kyronthearcanin

@esther-c

Oooooh, I love Griffin! I vote Griffin!!! 😃

Starshiness
                              @starshiness
                                • Total Posts: 174

@esther-c Yesssss and I second the motion!! Piper and Griffin. Griffin and Piper. They sound good together 👌🏽

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                                @kyronthearcanin

@acancello @janellebelovedpig @mineralizedwritings @starshiness @godlyfantasy12

@esther-c

Heheh I think I gave a rough cliffhanger there.  😅🤣

Any ideas for the next part of the story?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >