-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, I see. Well, I don’t think I’ve seen enough musicals, so I’ll just sit back and watch the fun 😉
what are you both working on?
@draong-snapper @dekreel @warrenluther04 @skredder any of you wanna join?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, fair enough!
I know, it’s really frustrating. I think there’s two versions on YouTube, the concept album (which is red, and the cast isn’t correct) and there’s the international version, which is blue and does have the correct cast listed, I think the International playlist is in the right order.
Okay, I’ll definitely put…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 WHAT? WHO? WHO DID THEY SEEEEEEE?! ugh, Warren the cliff hanger is killing me 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice musical war? how does one play this game? 😛
@rochellaine ooh, going to range! have fun 😉 Oh, and I did watch that video you linked. and I’m sorry, but I’m still not a fan of opera or operetta 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice, until yesterday I hadn’t heard of the Pirates of Penzance. but @rochellaine introduced me to it so I’m giving it a try.
I didn’t know there was a musical version of A Tale of Two Cities.
Rochellaine, I’m on stay fredric stay. its a very interesting style.
@jenwriter17, I’m actually signing off now because i get easily distracted on here
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Pirates of Penzance?! Cool! How are you liking it? What part are you on?
@seekjustice That makes sense. Since I usually read the synopsis, then watch a couple of the songs on YouTube, (with clips from the movie), then watch the musical, I actually like songs better that don’t fit specifically with the plot because then I can sing them…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 yep, it’s a musical war! Be Careful!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @alia you all still here?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Since I hardly ever get to see musicals, either live or on dvd, I prefer ones that I can easily follow along with without having to check the synopsis every two minutes 😀 I listened to a few songs from 1776 (actually, I think it was just Sit down, John, I can’t remember now, but I spent most of my library time yesterday listening…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, dodge? more like join in
I’m actually listening to pirates of penzance right now.
which musical are y’all talking about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I see. It should hopefully be better when you watch the movie! 🙂 I was actually going to comment the same thing: that I don’t think the songs will do as much for you as the will if you see them in context.  If I Loved You: Reprise makes me cry. (“Now I’ve lost you, soon I must go in the mist of day, and you never will know how…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Um…well, if we’re going to be honest, it’s not really my style. It’s just too…bouncy…and cheerful. I also found it really hard to figure out any of the plot from the songs, so I got a bit confused but hopefully that will be better when I watch the movie.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, I’m kinda back.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ll definitely keep it in mind if I ever feel like watching a black and white movie 😀
Alrighty 🙂 (I really like it, but not as much as the musical. have you listened to that yet?)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice *hems and haws* *backs up and eyes you hopefully* Did you…um…like any of them?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I really love Dirk Bogarde, but I’ve only actually seen him in two movies I think. One a comedy, and one a mystery. I think So Long At the Fair 1950 is actually on my list of movies that you say you read. It’s one of my favorites, and very suspenseful. You said you’re not an old movies type of person, but if you do ever feel…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I think so, I listened to all the songs on a YouTube playlist of songs which I think were from the movie.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, I like Dirk Bogard, because I think he makes a brilliant Sydney, but other than that I’ve never heard of him! I’m glad you like it 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Wait wait wait! What did you just say? 😀 You finished Carousel?! Meaning you’ve listened to all the songs from it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
That’s great news! I’ll definitely be praying that they come.
- Load More
