-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks so much for your kind words 😀 It really, genuinely means so much to me!
And guess what! I updated the document, there’s three more chapters now 😀 I’m just experimenting, but let me know if you have to request access again. I don’t think you should need to, but I’m still learning the Google Doc…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Yay, thanks! 🙂 I’ll get to these as soon as I can. Enjoy your trip!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice Here are parts 4 and 5. They should be read together as close as possible. And I will be out of town for a few days and won’t be able to put anything else up. Hope you enjoy…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder aw, thank you for reading it! 😀
I do have a question though: Jane said that I was struggling with telling instead of showing, how do you think that was in this chapter?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic KP Literature Character Search Corner in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
Name: Kapeefers know her as ‘Notta Writer’ but her real name is Amanda Write.
Species: Human
Appearance: Round face, pale skin, blonde hair with reddish highlight -usually in a bun, dark blue glasses that frame her blue grey eyes.
Personality: Awkwardly shy, anxious, a little bit of a cry baby (but never in public) artistic, and empathetic.
Other…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m not here because I am writing but because I have a question for you specifically and didn’t think it worth creating a new thread. (I hope that’s okay 😉 )
Anyways I know that you like to write stories that are retellings and would love to hear your general thoughts and advice about writing them. 🙂
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart I’ll draw him if no one els wants to? 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart I would love to draw him, but I don’t have time today. Maybe later this week!
-
Ingrid and
pickupyourpenandwrite are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
valtmy replied to the topic How should I continue this? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
Yep that was the plan. That’s why I introduced plot points such as the other members of the imperial family, the history of the empire, the assassin etc. because they will be relevant to the ‘adventure’ part of things.
But not everything was linking up and making sense. That’s why I have been stuck on this story for a long time and I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Sorry! I didn’t see your post since you didn’t tag me, and you might have left by now. But that sounds extremely interesting! 🙂 I love sci-fi, though I prefer more realistic sci-fi than the near-fantasy you have there. But your story does sound pretty cool.
@seekjustice Okay, I’ll go to bed. 😀 😛 See you tomorrow, I hope!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I have to disappear now, but I’ll try to compile a list of my favourite Aussie his-fics for you 🙂
@jess-penrose do you read historical? Do you have any Aussie recommendations for Rochellaine?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose I am attempting to convince myself that I should be working on my Camp NaNo project rather than writing fanfiction for @seekjustice ‘s book. 😀
What’s you Camp NaNo project about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, if I can give you my favorite public domain books the list will be miles long! 😀 Don’t worry, I’ll keep down to a very few right now. By the way, you didn’t really give me any his-fics yourself? Do you read many? Do you have any recommendations? I do read true history books but enjoy his-fic better. 😉
Oh, you did? Cool!…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Then you’ll be getting 50+ emails from KP 😛
I don’t mind out of print his-fic because I use both Librivox and Gutenberg so I might be able to find some on there.
I also went to the library and got out a book on the Civil War and one on the American Revolution. Sure, I’d love a small list.
<p style=”text-align:…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice No, I can’t do it when I’m deeply asleep either. 🙂
Oh, I see. I haven’t been away yet since joining KP except for one night spent in a hotel with my mom when we traveled north for my Christmas present concert. And even then I brought my computer and I think was able to post two or three posts. I guess I’ll have the real ex…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah yes, I’ve heard of that sort of thing! Its sounds pretty cool. If I’m only sleeping very lightly I can do that, but not when I’m deeply asleep.
I have had 50+ emails once, but I’d been away for the weekend. However the percentage is still the same. I wake up with ten emails, nine of which are from kp.
But on the days when we…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hahaha! Except, I’m one of those people who can… “lucid dream” I think Warren Luther called it? If I realize I’m dreaming I can often “write” the dream to go the way I want it to. 😀 But you’re right, the first half of the dream when I didn’t realize I’m dreaming usually has millions of plotholes!
Let it be known that I have ne…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m back!
Ugh, I know! Nightmares are the worst for plotholes! Never base a story on a dream you’ve had 😀
I was considering a “You know you are a KeePeeFer/KeePer/obsessed person” when you wake up in the morning with fifty emails and forty-nine of them are Kingdom Pen notifications.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m back! Are you ready yet?
You know those “you know you’re a writer” things? Well, I just had one happen a couple of hours ago…
I was reading a story where someone was relating a nightmare he had to one of his friends. One of the things in the nightmare was a chicken who ran really fast, and that was supposed to be th…[Read more]
- Load More
