-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Hello! Cool! What kind of music do you compose? My brother is a classical style composer.
Seekjustice recommended that I read poetry by Banjo Patterson and Henry Lawson. 🙂
@seekjustice I’m going to get off now, and I guess you won’t be here when I get back. Jess, I might be back in about an hour for a little bit if you’re sti…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m working on my novel and also replying to some of the comments you guys have made.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hello! Okay, I’ll be getting off pretty soon too, anyway. I’m officially working on my western and unofficially on a short story. 🙂 How about you?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey! I can’t be on the internet for long but I’ll be around for 1/2 hr.
What you working on? I’m glad you liked it. Its a pretty cool book, I really need to do a reread of it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @jess-penrose Well, I’m back! Are either of you Australians around? Because I’m afraid most of the other Americans have gone to bed by now… 😛
SeekJustice, I finished A Little Bush Maid this morning, and got so into it that I had read half of the second book, Mates at Billabong, all at once before I realized how far I had got…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much for asking! Unfortunately, there’s been basically a complete hold-up in the adoption process and we have no idea when we will again start moving forward. It’s much more complicated than it even was when I wrote my original post on the problem, and we’ve come up against several more road blocks. It’s really sad b…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Wow! This was an excellent few chapters!! Oh man, I am so curious as to what happens now.
I didn’t care for Zachary. He’s too flirtatious and he seems really fake, like he’s hiding ulterior motives. Justice, poor Justice. I don’t even know him and that hurt.
Theresa! We met Theresa! The one I had the pleasure to draw! Now that I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@leumeister It was Mach 11, I think. It was because the same four notes kept repeating over and over again in the bass. I wasn’t able to listen to all of it, so I could be mistaken, but I listened to a good deal of it and skipped through portions of the rest and it sounded like it was that way the whole way through. In Cannon in D the same ei…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m not the best person to ask this. So, um, based on what I read, I think there’s is still some telling, but I think it’s better than before. Again, I am not the best person to ask this. I could be completely wrong either way. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@leumeister I’m sorry. 🙂 As I anticipated they weren’t much to my taste. I will say that the second one was much more interesting than the first, as the first one reminded me somewhat of Cannon in D. However, I do actually like Cannon in D, so that is not necessarily a bad thing. 😉 The real reason I didn’t like them is because I don’t lik…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I have done a few different types of planning for my stories, but I never can plan the ending first like Sam and SeekJustice do! 😀 In a way that’s cool, because I can have the same anticipation that the readers will have in that I don’t know how the story will end. On the other hand, that also means I usually have no idea how to c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! I’m here. It’s a little earlier than usual, but are you ready to write yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Ah! It’s great!! Only I almost wish I hadn’t watched ATOTC 1958 since it’s more fun to read something when it’s all going to be a surprise. 😀 But poor Justice! Why didn’t he get rid of those papers when he had the chance?! 🙁
I really don’t like his cousin at all. He’s annoying in the bad way instead of the good way. 😉 I lik…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I’m so jealous! But last time I got to read it before you did, so this time I guess it’s your turn. 😉
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! I wish I had seen this before! Now my brother’s birthday party is in progress, so I absolutely have to join in downstairs. (I was going to put a sad emoji here, but I can’t really be sad for my…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seejustice Okay, so ya know how I said I’d start reading it tomorrow?
I finished it.
I literally put off studying for a test to read it 😛 (you should be proud and concerned) 😉
It was awesome! 🙂 I can’t wait for more.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice No problem. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yay! I think I should be able to start reading it tomorrow 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Sorry that I haven’t got around to reading these parts yet. I’ve been having internet trouble and Google docs hasn’t been talking to me, but I finally got my own doc to update (Oh, no! I just realised, I forgot to tag you! Eep! There’s an update on my novel, Skredder, which you should be able to see over on my thread). Hopefully I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
No worries, that’s fine! I love answering questions 😀
I actually just wrote a blog post on this, which you can check out if you like. https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/finding-inspiration-for-a-retelling/
I really love writing retellings, I think for the same reason I like reusing and recycling material objects,…[Read more]
- Load More
