-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh boy- you tagged me?! *squeaks* Okay well um.. @ariel-ashira Hmm, well I obviously don’t know your characters very well (or.. you’know at all.) so it’s hard for me to say how they should react. I would Imagine feelings of shock, joy, confusion, and thankfulness could be natural.
I have to think of the story of the prodigal son,…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Conference Season Starting…Kapeefer Meetups in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I don’t think we’re planning on going to any homeschool conferences either.
I hope some of you guys are able to meet up though! 😀 Cause that sounds super fun. -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Conference Season Starting…Kapeefer Meetups in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Hey I’m in Missouri too! 😀 Do you know about FCM?
@rochellaine No, I’m not going to any homeschooling conferences this year. The organization we do events with isn’t planning one. (They’re Family Covenant Ministries by the way). Man, that would be so cool if I met some of y’all in person! *sighs* maybe one day…..
I’ll tag more @n…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Lots of Crazy Keapeefers in the forum Poetry 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira 😀 😀 That’s awesome. 😛 *won’t melt your chair today*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Why don’t you come visit us in America? It’d be fun! 😀 (Have you ever traveled out of the country? I have, once.)
Yeah, your characters are so mixed up. 😛
@jess-penrose Thank you! She’s hungry, so a pizza will be helpful. Character arcs, yes! 😀
Sorry, but I’m going to go to bed now. It’s really late! 😉 I’m going to be up…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey, for all of you people who read this topic, such as Ariel and Alia and probably others I don’t know about. 😛 I agree with Jess about disclaimers, so I’m putting in a disclaimer here.
You see, as I said earlier, the fact that I deleted it makes it sound worse than it really was, so to assure you that I didn’t have a weird or horrible…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Haha, that’s hilarious 😀 I feel I’d get on really well with your family. And yeah, he hadn’t even been properly shot, just grazed. Meanwhile, Justice has been shot seven times 😀
My sister and I were talking about this the other day, when I realised that he’d become some weird amalgamation of Lucie and Charles Darnay. And Zac is…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh yes! Now I remember I was laughing with my sister the other day over the fact that Quillon says “Gracious goodness, it hurts!” when he gets shot. We were laughing because that’s my sister’s particular exclamation, and I always tell her she says it backwards, since most people say “goodness gracious.” So I do remember from the la…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, it does sound a bit shifty 😛 I’ll definitely check it out if you want me too (I love reading thoughts. I’m super into dialogue, as you’ve probably noticed, even if it’s just a character debating with themselves).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Research on these topics has been ethical
Haha. Disclaimers are always necessary, aren’t they? 😛
Okay, thanks. That’s good to know. But now I have a dilemma. Can I convince myself that it’s really okay if one of my characters is starved, or will I be too softhearted? That’s nearly as bad as killing them!
@seekjustice Afte…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Drat it, my reply didn’t post.
Basically, what I was saying was this:
I was going to add a section in the bits where Chessy chats to Justice’s grandfather with him mentioning his other no good grandson, and then I realised that that wouldn’t work because Zac isn’t his grandson. There are a few differences between Kendall and Zac,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Quillon would not cope? 😀 😀 I would think it would be Justice, since he’s more peevish when things go wrong. I’d picture Quillon as the guy who pretends everything’s fine. But I guess you’re right, different things affect different people different ways. (Goodness! Three uses of the word “different” one after another. The…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Ohh, it’s going so slowly! 🙁 I think perhaps soon, but I’m not sure yet.
Well, I was thinking it would be cool if sometime in Stars Justice got really frustrated with Kendall and told him something like “You’re just as bad as my cousin!” 😀 Or if he accidentally made the connection in the sequel and realizes that Zac might tur…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
*tucks information away for a time that shall come* I’ve never tortured my characters by food deprivation. Could be interesting. Quillon would not cope.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh well, you’re better safe than sorry on the internet. 😀
Cool! When are you going to put up your next part?
My sister commented that Justice having to deal with Zac was like dealing with Kendall all over again, but no, you haven’t mentioned it. What do you think about their connection?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Hahaha! 😀 Poor Uncle Bill.
And now I’m wondering why I decided to delete that. Maybe it’s normal after all? 😛 Well…not normal. But yes, I do forget to eat a meal once in a while. And when I’m sick I really don’t feel like eating at all.
I think another problem might be that like Chara, I’m really little, so if I do lose…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I meant a sign like this one:

My brother saw it and goes “Hey, there’s Uncle Bill!”
Yeah, I’ve done similar things before, like I was once sick for a weeks and ate barely anything and lost a whole lot of weight, and I’ve had trouble since then if I don’t eat regularly I get unwell and usually very dizzy.
The IV would definitely…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
He’s even got his picture on a post out in Kangaroo Valley
I’m sorry, but I’m not sure what you mean? 🙂 Are you talking about my character collage post?
Okay that’s perfect. 😀 *adds to future editing notes*
Yeah, she slept for about thirteen or fourteen hours besides the couple of hours at the hospital while she was unc…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Uncle Bill is famous yes 😀 He’s even got his picture on a post out in Kangaroo Valley 🙂
Okay, so what I was thinking (as I was trying not to fall off a cliff) was that irrationality is a symptom of heat exhaustion/stroke, so maybe Uncle Bill tells her to walk back to the road and try to flag down a car, so she does, but when she…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jess-penrose Oh, that happens to me far too often. 🙁 Glad you’re back! And very glad you aren’t planning on letting Connor “drop dead.” That would be awful. I have enough to deal with trying to keep emotionally stable when reading SeekJustice’s book and I really don’t need to hear of any more characters dying. 😀 😀
@seekjustice Haha…[Read more]
- Load More
