-
valtmy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder @ariel-ashira @rochellaine @catwing
Good news: My project and exams are over now! (Though I am not too sure how well I did 🤣)
Thanks for the prayers! 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Baby's First Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking Haha, I love it! It reminds me of one of my first stories I wrote about a family of cats. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Baby's First Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking Hahahaha…this is great! You were a creative child. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira LOL
I visited England two summers ago and it was so funny because we met a British family and their youngest child liked imitating American accents! It’s so weird to think we have accents too!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I am indeed. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking *many thumbs up* Thank you!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I see what you’re thinking. I just love music so much that it’s clouding my thinking so I can’t understand why you’re thinking it. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
My problem with The Sound of Music is that I don’t really like musical movies (Les Mis being the exception). I don’t know why, I just feel the songs distract from the plot and make its seriousness feel trivial, since the songs don’t really have anything to do with the plot.
I just felt the need to pop in and defend myself 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
Everything 🙂 we make fun of your accents and politicians and weird things like ranches.
But I wouldn’t worry because we make fun of all those things (except the ranches) for every country, including our own.
I just made an account on Story Embers but I haven’t introduced myself yet.
@ingridrd just out of curiosity, are you…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
okay, I’m signing off.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice, you writing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, Well, it just so happens that I have a character interview thingy I do, so all I have to come up with is the answers. Pretty simple.
dang, it must be late for you.
see you later. I won’t be on tomorrow either, it’s my youngest sister’s birthday. Night
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Trying to make me feel better? haha. 😛 Oh well, if I could actually think of things to write I could write the posts pretty easily. It’s coming up with topics that’s hard. I guess I’ll learn once I get more used to it.
Okay, happy writing! I’ve got to get going and go get myself gone. 😛 It’s late. (It must be late, if I’m feeli…[Read more]
-
Alia posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
AHEM! I HAVE REACHED CHAPTER 6 IN DECISIONS
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, naughty books for causing us so much trouble.
Well, one was an apology post for not posting in almost a month and the other one was the actual post.
and the other ones were just short introductions
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Unfortunately, no. I am not having an easier time. 🙁 My novel and short stories have not progressed more than a few inches down the page over the past few days. I have great plans for them, however… 😛
By the way, how is it even possible to write two blog posts and start three more in a day?! I feel happy if I figure out how to wri…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, for me, all of the songs are right up there, but those two are just barely higher on the scale.
My writing…is going to drive me insane. I meant to write 3 chapters this week, but didn’t get to write at all until today. But I did write two blog posts and start three more, so I haven’t been completely hopeless in my writing. How…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia The barn raising scene is amazing, of course! It’s really funny, especially the expressions on the brothers’ faces, but the acrobatics are so cool! For lyrical songs I actually like the more upbeat ones, because they’re funnier. 😉 Sobbin’ Women, Bless Yore Beautiful Hide, and Goin’ Courtin are probably my favorites, but I do like Wo…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, Yes, yes we do
Well, my favorite is actually instrumental because I love the scene. It’s the barn raising scene. But I guess my favorite lyrical one is either Spring, Spring, Spring or the Lament. What about you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, apparently she likes Edelweiss, but nothing else. She says they’re boring. The reason, I believe, is that she likes songs from which she can tell the plot as they’re singing. Songs like in opera, where the people sing, “We must go and kill the king,” instead of, “isn’t it fun to always sing.” 😛
I like songs that you can si…[Read more]
- Load More

Congratulations!!! But…I’m terribly sorry; I didn’t know that was a particular milestone? Did I miss something? 🙂
Or are you just excited because you got a lot done?
Just really excited. I have been stuck on chapter 5 for quite a while. And, hopefully, I am just a few chapters away from being halfway
Well then, congratulations again! I often forget to separate chapters while I write, but I do the same thing with word counts and scenes. So, hooray! I’m glad you are excited. Without excitement it’s really hard to write anything… 😉 (Who’s speaking from experience? Me? Nah…um…yeah… 😛 )
Of course you aren’t 🙂
@alia Awesomeness! We have to celebrate all our accomplishments 😉