-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine @waterlily Cool! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
hey everyone! I’m outlining my dystopian novel right now. anyone here?
@gh24682468999 @dekreel @dragon-snapper @seekjustice @mariposa @warrenluther04 @sam-kowal @rochellaine
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
signing off now *salutes*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
hey! I’m reading Cry, the Beloved Country for school right now. anyone wanna join me?
@seekjustice @dekreel @dragon-snapper @sam-kowal @warrenluther04 @mariposa @Jane-maree
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Go for the blog idea, but promise me you’ll still post advice here? *grins* Thanks for sharing! Feel free to tag any others that you think would have good advice to share.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ariella-newheart you’ve got some good advice from the other kapeefers.:)
personally, I think 30 characters might be a lot for a reader to keep straight in their mind, even if it is a series and stretched out over multiple books. maybe see if any characters could be combined.
on K. M. Weiland’s website, she has a couple posts about this.…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic When it all seems rather unnerving… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Well hello there! It’s nice to meet you @christianna-hellwig
Admittedly, I haven’t much advice to give, because I haven’t “done much”, as you put it in your post. I’m eighteen, but I’m still learning how to do things like finish a draft, create characters, create (and write) a solid theme. I like learning. Makes places like KP all the more…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Blogging… in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
But if you just want to write for fun, you can basically do whatever you want :). And whether you intend to build an audience or not, the best tone to use is yours. Don’t try to be anyone else, like DG said.
I can’t even begin to tell you how important this is @catwing! Don’t forget it. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey all! Yesterday’s chosen one was @pickupyourpenandwrite! Congrats!
A new week means all new opportunities to get your name into the newsletter! Want to share writing advice with your fellow KeePers? Simply respond to this thread and you’re entered in our little contest!
Starting this week, include your blog in your post, and the weekly…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I can’t stop thinking about this book I read a few weeks ago.
<i>Scythe, </i>by Neal Shusterman. I’m not gonna give any spoilers plot-wise, but suffice it to say that this book has amazing worldbuilding, the character development is really well done, and the overall concept of the book isn’t at all what I expected it to be–it’s better.
This…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Norse Mythology Short Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Yep, Slytherin and proud. 😉
Okay, so it sounds like you’ve got all your plot events in order, but what I haven’t heard you mention are the characters. What motivates the characters to go through with this? What are they trying to learn? Have you thought about that at all?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine, right, that makes sense! 😀 I thought it was a little…um…unusual.
Also, totally agree with your description of how a man or woman is ready for marriage. This would be our family’s thoughts too.
And yes, yes, yes! You are 100% right! A woman’s highest calling is being a wife and mother! I’m tired of people talking about women’s…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Scrivener… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999, Oh no! Timing can be a bit of a nuisance with live stuff, hey?
-
Ingrid and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jenna Terese and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Sorry, I’m getting a lot of work under my belt (ever think what a weird expression that is), at the moment, but I’ll be writing a bit tomorrow. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel aw, sorry I can’t join you this time (seems like we keep missing each other huh?) do you think you’re gonna be on tomorrow or the weekend?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine okay, I like that name 🙂
I really like the title Ticket to Blueberria.
I really like your first lines. Maybe you could do it like this: once there was a boy who loved blueberries. At least, he thought he did. Oliver had never tasted one in his life. That way the MC’s name is established early, and you get to keep that awesome f…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, 😀
@ariella-newheart, We have a few animals and animal friends on here. @mariposa has a dinosaur, who I’m sure she’d love to introduce you to. 🙂
Speaking of which… @dragon-snapper, with @mariposa ‘s permission, can we have Aberdeen the Authorosarus in the LOKD?
- Load More
